test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FEEDBACK on common, rare, very rare all the same for weapons?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
Hi

I've just noticed that all common weapons have same vaules as there uncomon and even rare items/ weapons. has it always been like this or is it a curse or bug of a new update?

i took my first haul of 1st badges of honour looking forward to upgrdae some common items and noticed that beam arrays mark 2 where the same as uncommon beam arrays mark 2 with one extra bouns damage is the same.

given the long slog of getthing this badges it was very dissapointng to find that a mark 2 item is almost the same from common to rare. i went to memory alpha to comapre the items there.

there there is 3 choices for a photon torp mark 2, each one same damage, just different bonus, for a chance oftern a low chance of getting something for ur badges or time spent collecitng for memory alpha.

if its always been this was and i haven't noticed then slilly me but perhaps it should be changed,

if its a new thing like the -10 to weapon powers then perhaps i feel its just no longer worth the effort of buying weapon upgrades of same level.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree however you will notice it's not WoW..

something a little better than the previous.. you won't find any zomg it's an uber upgrade.
    It's more about how the player applies the points to use the weapon/type properly, than the Sword of a Thousand Truths mentality.

So, I don't really think a change is required.. You fly through the tiers so fast.. You'll hardly notice or care.
    edited March 2010
    Hi

I have never tried WOW so i wouldn;t know what its like, but sure i think there should be a little differnce so u notice it and it was worth spending badges or anomalies, the strange things is i could of sworn before "Common Ground" there were differences in the items.

i also agree a player will tavel through the tiers fast, maybe too fast. a souliton might be a career option where a player recived less skill points and would spend more time flying iinbetween the arears but there was some or even alittle difference between the common/rare types. (at least more than the normal career speed version) so an item would have more value to a player.

at least its an idea, i will post a new thread on that idea some time in the future.
    edited March 2010
    Well, I don't really notice any difference between green and blue weapons/items, or between blue and purple, but the extra stats are pretty neat.

Note that some blue/purple items do increase base stats, e.g. some blue shields have more capacity than green ones, etc. Just the weapons don't seem to have any extra damage on them. But when you get a purple weapon with +crit chance AND +crit severity, like the purple personal weapons, you really do notice the difference!
    edited March 2010
    The difference is the procs, common weapons have 0, uncommon 1, rare 2, very rare 3. These can be anything like CrtD, CrtH, Acc in varying combinations. Giving you better critical hit damage, more likely-hood to get criticals, or better accuracy (Important if your enemy moves around a lot).
    edited March 2010
    i also agree a player will tavel through the tiers fast, maybe too fast. a souliton might be a career option where a player recived less skill points and would spend more time flying iinbetween the arears but there was some or even alittle difference between the common/rare types. (at least more than the normal career speed version) so an item would have more value to a player..

I wish they didn't grant access to the high tier within the tier till maybe rank 6 or so.

i.e.
    Tier 2 Ranks 1-5 = MK III
    Tier 2 Ranks 6+ = MK IV

seems in may cases the common version of a MK IV = an uncommon MK III
    so it is possible to have a wide variety of people on the field.
    edited March 2010
    Bostish wrote:
    I wish they didn't grant access to the high tier within the tier till maybe rank 6 or so.

i.e.
    Tier 2 Ranks 1-5 = MK III
    Tier 2 Ranks 6+ = MK IV

seems in may cases the common version of a MK IV = an uncommon MK III
    so it is possible to have a wide variety of people on the field.

i think the fist time u really gotta think about more then green weapons is at mk X.

before that the higher base dmg of the next mk helps moer than the higher dmg with the occasional crit, or the slightly higher critchance.

espacially if u run a high weapon power setting.

the dmg of a space weapon u see in the exchange/at the vendor/in the inventory is the dmg you do without skills and at 50 weapon power.

100 weapon power doubles this value, then the skills, so every point in additional dps in the tooltip equals more then 2 points in real dps..

on my T4 cruiser with dual disruptors mk VII (7) or VIII (8) and 108 effective weapon power and the beam and disruptor skills, i got 665 dps per dual beam and i have 3 of them....

also with season 1 there are 3 new skills.

one each boosts accuracy/crit chance/crit severity. and take a look at the accuracy/crit chance/crit severity stats of your ship.

the tooltip says that base acc is 95% (u no boost/opponent no boosts like the evasive trait) or was it 90%?

a well, the max is at 100%, and the percentage above that is added to either crit chance or severity, cant remember atm.
    edited March 2010
    So there is a thread right below yours and you made a new thread about the same thing for what reason exactly?