test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stop sweeping my uniform under the rug....

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Cryptic.... when are you going to fix the DS9 uniforms?
They still do not show up as an option for my female toons and bridge officers, and its been like this ever since launch and no fix in sight.
And i certainly hope its not an issue with my account as such, because then i will be really ticked off as ive filed 2 or 3 tickets on the matter over the past month and they have all ben greeted with the standard "thank you for your report bla bla".

So seriously Cryptic.....FIX THE UNIFORMS!..... please... :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    Cryptic.... when are you going to fix the DS9 uniforms?
    They still do not show up as an option for my female toons and bridge officers, and its been like this ever since launch and no fix in sight.
    And i certainly hope its not an issue with my account as such, because then i will be really ticked off as ive filed 2 or 3 tickets on the matter over the past month and they have all ben greeted with the standard "thank you for your report bla bla".

So seriously Cryptic.....FIX THE UNIFORMS!..... please... :(

Hope your uniforms get fixed. All mine TOS, TNG series, DS9 and admirals are working fine for all my Boffs.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    TOS? Other than the female uniforms being completely wrong? I was glad to see there is a fix coming for those next month.

Wasn't there a great big uniform thread that was stickied? I have lots of uniform gripes, all minor, all fixable. I know there is biegger stuff needing attention, but I'd sure like to see some care on these details.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Aye there is bigger stuff for sure that needs attention...

But as i mentioned in the sticky thread weeks ago that has now vanished, fixing the uniforms should be a high priority.
    As people actually paid extra to get them, then they should at least WORK.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Seriously... Cryptic must see this..... Confirm that they are looking into it.
    Because so far i see no mention of this problem being worked or or investigated in the engineering reports.

So yeah once again, either acknowladge the problem or STOP sweeping my tickets under the rug! :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Reports are, some of the broken/incorrect uniforms are being worked on. I'll see what they deliver in April before I get worried again.

Why the uniforms weren't correct the first time confuses me, though. Not only did we pay extra to have them at launch (I feel for the CO lifers), and not only are we ALL wearing the same basic outfits, but they're so canon and documented, I can't get why so many of them weren't correct. Getting the uniforms correct should have been the highest of priorities from the very beginning of the project.

I appreciate some devs spending their off-time to build an intergalactic, trans-dimentional bar, but would have preferred if those hours were spent fixing uniforms and such.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    and while your at it... the DS9 Uniforms only need TNG Movie uniform Badges to make them Voyager Uniforms. Please allow that, kkthxbye
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I just want them to actually WORK!, nevermind how they look.

Oh and you actually can use the TNG Film badges with the DS9 uniforms now, at least i can.(for my "male" characters only of course)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would like to see this problem fixed sometime after DEM begins to do what it is advertised to do.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Now i am really really getting ticked off.... i filed another ticket... with a different wording and different type....AND AGAIN THE TICKET JUST GETS SWEPT UNDER THE RUG!!!

Cryptic, are you even aware of what your support staff is up to?
    This is NOT helpful and this is NOT support.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    What do you know... another Update and yet no fix or acknowladgement of the problem

CRYPTIC WAKE UP! :mad:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Z3R0B4NG wrote: »
    and while your at it... the DS9 Uniforms only need TNG Movie uniform Badges to make them Voyager Uniforms. Please allow that, kkthxbye

Mine can do that now.

And I've had no issues putting DS9 uniforms on female characters.

Have you tried:

- Making a new female character to see if the issue applies to new characters?

- Eliminating all rank insignia, saving your costume and then trying again? I wonder if it could be tied to old, corrupted rank insignia issues.

Beyond that... Try sending me your character savefile. I'll apply the DS9 uniform and send the revised version back to you to load.

I have an account at sto2409@gmail.com for game related correspondences. Maybe I can help resolve this for you as you seem to be having an isolated bug affecting you.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Darkjedi wrote: »
    R... they're so canon and documented, I can't get why so many of them weren't correct. ...

Me either. It's really very disappointing. It's not like doing them wrong took less artist time than doing them right?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mine can do that now.

And I've had no issues putting DS9 uniforms on female characters.

Have you tried:

- Making a new female character to see if the issue applies to new characters?

- Eliminating all rank insignia, saving your costume and then trying again? I wonder if it could be tied to old, corrupted rank insignia issues.

Beyond that... Try sending me your character savefile. I'll apply the DS9 uniform and send the revised version back to you to load.

I have an account at sto2409@gmail.com for game related correspondences. Maybe I can help resolve this for you as you seem to be having an isolated bug affecting you.

Yup, tried both creating a clean new female character and changing clothes at the tailor.
    Its not corrupt rank insignias either, the option for the females simply does not exist, it does not appear at all on the list of uniform tops.

Since it works for you it certainly sounds like an account issue... but what really ticks me off is that every bloody ticket i submit gets met with the "thank you for the bug report", and when i submitted a new ticket the other day, suggesting it might be an account issue, i got a reply stating that i had already filed another ticket on the same issue and it had been dealt with..... after which the new ticket was....closed. :mad:

If Cryptic support cannot do their job then i will have no choice but to keep bumping this thread until i get the assistance i need. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    *harrumphh*
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I just want them to actually WORK!, nevermind how they look.

Oh and you actually can use the TNG Film badges with the DS9 uniforms now, at least i can.(for my "male" characters only of course)

not sure what the problem is my DS-9 Voyager unis work just fine for Shak'ti and Crew. i did switch to the WoK uniforms several weeks ago though so.. maybe something happened.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Which just seems to prove futher that its a specific issue with my account....but how in the world am i supposed to get my account fixed when all support does is close my tickets and throw them on the pile of bug reports!!! :mad:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Which just seems to prove futher that its a specific issue with my account....but how in the world am i supposed to get my account fixed when all support does is close my tickets and throw them on the pile of bug reports!!! :mad:

Try petitioning a GM, instead of opening a ticket, that should get you someone you can talk to about it at least.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Teranika wrote: »
    Try petitioning a GM, instead of opening a ticket, that should get you someone you can talk to about it at least.

Well the GM contact isnt quite clear then, i tried that and all it did was just open a ticket, that got promptly closed.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well the GM contact isnt quite clear then, i tried that and all it did was just open a ticket, that got promptly closed.

I'm not in game at the moment, so I can't give you the exact steps, but I'm pretty sure there is a 'request GM help' type button in that same support menu that you submit tickets through.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Teranika wrote: »
    I'm not in game at the moment, so I can't give you the exact steps, but I'm pretty sure there is a 'request GM help' type button in that same support menu that you submit tickets through.

Thats exactly the button i used.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thats exactly the button i used.

Hmm.. well... maybe try posting in the 'gameplay bugs' forum Monday when someone from Cryptic is more likely to read it?