test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remans

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Seriously guys. What were you thinking?

You make a race that has the ability to bypass shields and kill you in 2 seconds flat like you were a man wearing TNT in a bonfire festival.

You need to change these guys. 1 Reman captain just dropped a group of 5 of us on the Big Dig... before we could sneeze.

TOO MUCH.

Not to mention... TONE THE SPAWN DOWN.

I swear.. either you guys make stuff too darn easy... .or make it ridiculously hard.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have not done the Big Dig yet but the normal Reman you fight do not bypass shields.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Umm i hate to burst your bubble but only one kind of Reman npc has the ability to bypass your shield, and please dont call for a nerf on something. If its challanging good, a good mmo always has something thats difficult. This post reminds me of the nerf the warbird thread, come on people play the game and enjoy it. Dont complian when you get your behind handed to you hehe.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    thats ok yesterday at "The Big Dig" a Reman Captian killed me in 2 sec thru my sheild AND the Sheild around the artifact which I was stuck behind......lol top that!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Seriously guys. What were you thinking?

You make a race that has the ability to bypass shields and kill you in 2 seconds flat like you were a man wearing TNT in a bonfire festival.

You need to change these guys. 1 Reman captain just dropped a group of 5 of us on the Big Dig... before we could sneeze.

TOO MUCH.

Not to mention... TONE THE SPAWN DOWN.

I swear.. either you guys make stuff too darn easy... .or make it ridiculously hard.

I agree.

I'm currently stuck on a explorer mission that I can't finish due to these guys.

It is one of the random ground encounters, where I have to kill a certain amount of squads.

The first 2 patrols were no problem. But that last patrol consist of 2 reg guards, 1 elite guard, 2 elite shadow guards, 2 captains,1 reg shadow guard, and a shadow guard commander.

Add the shadow guards "shadow", that's 11 of them against my group of 5. We were getting mowed down in a matter of seconds. I gave up in frustration. I tried time and time to just pick one off at a time before I died, but that just proved fruitless. On top of that, it was one of those missions that had the respawn location at the very beginning of the instance....so every time I died i had to run the entire map again.

Knowing that these are suppose to be random generated mission, I just assume they borked the balance with the last patch.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    He means the Reman Captains who spawn a bunch of psionic copies of themselves. Those guys are really mean... Especially in a Fleet Action where the coordination is at the south end of a Romulan who's going north. And I agree about the spawn rate there. If I was a captain I would first use my ship to get rid of that thing that beams down an unlimited suppy of Remans and Romulans.:D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I had that same mission I think in the Khazan Cluster. Got to the last encounter and things were going well for a moment. Then a big blast and I'm incapacitated. I'm not sure which enemy Reman is doing it (I think the shadow guards). After several attempts I just gave up.

I'm not looking for a nerf, but perhaps some can share their strategies for defeating these encounters. When they pop up their purple clones they really start wearing my party down.

-Crolis
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Raath wrote: »
    I agree.

I'm currently stuck on a explorer mission that I can't finish due to these guys.

It is one of the random ground encounters, where I have to kill a certain amount of squads.

The first 2 patrols were no problem. But that last patrol consist of 2 reg guards, 1 elite guard, 2 elite shadow guards, 1 reg shadow guard, and a shadow guard commander.

Add the shadow guards "shadow", that's 11 of them against my group of 5. We were getting mowed down in a matter of seconds. I gave up in frustration.

Knowing that these are suppose to be random generated mission, I just assume they borked the balance with the last patch.

Same here.

Something is funky with them since the last patch. I had an exploration mission against them and the boss at the end kept spawning a dozen or more of his Psi buddies that 2 shot myself and my crew. No amount of healing is keeping up with that level of damage.

Dropped that mission until the Reman psi bosses get tweaked a bit. They are not a challenge. They are a nuisance at best.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Even if someone wore TNT to a bonefire festival, it doesn't mean they'd explode. TNT is a stable compound, which is why Alfred Nobel won his own prize for it one year. A better analogy would be either to have someone wear TNT to a blasting cap festival, or to have someone wear thermoses of nitro-glycerin to an epileptic convention.

Also, stop asking for nerfs. Cryptic only does things to the extreme. If they "adjust" the Remans, they will all die when you unholster your weapons.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There's only one Reman NPC that has the ability, and he usually spawns 5 - 6 Shadow warriors as well. Just like the Cardassian's can spawn holo-NPC's, and Fed Sci's can spawn the Holo-Fleet. The trick is to focus fire on that one NPC and take it down fast. Ignore the targets, and once that Shadow-whatever its name is - is gone then the Shadow spawns will disappear automatically and the rest of the mob is simple crowd control. It's not terribly difficult, but a pain none-the-less. I believe the expression in this instance is:

Learn2Play.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Same here.

Something is funky with them since the last patch. I had an exploration mission against them and the boss at the end kept spawning a dozen or more of his Psi buddies that 2 shot myself and my crew. No amount of healing is keeping up with that level of damage.

Dropped that mission until the Reman psi bosses get tweaked a bit. They are not a challenge. They are a nuisance at best.

Yea man. I actually had two science officers in my party (which I don't usually do) and neither of them could keep up with the healing.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    These encounters require a different strategy is all. You actually have to think during these battles . . . handy that. When I encounter these groups, I always focus fire the Captain (the one who blasts purple light at you and summons his photonic friends to pwn you). As a Tactical Officer, a kit with Draw Fire would be handy, and as a Science Officer, a Healing Kit would be just as good.

Consumables are AMAZING! If you are not using Consumables at this point, you are doing it wrong. Finally, I thought it would be worth mentioning that I have encountered this type of boss in both an Episodic Mission at Hobus and in the Exploration Mission. I understand the frustration, but the key is to figure out how to boost your personal defenses, stay alive and bring him down.

If he is taking you down in less than 2 seconds, you are wearing out-dated armor.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Same here.

If you are seeing a dozen (i.e. 12) of these guys, then there is a problem and this needs to be reported as a bug. He should only be able to call out 5 or 6 of these dudes max.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yea man. I actually had two science officers in my party (which I don't usually do) and neither of them could keep up with the healing.

Stop trying to heal and tank that NPC. Before you engage the mob, look for that specific NPC - you have time to do so. Once you've found it, adjust your away team correctly, have them attack your target and nail it quickly. If your carrying dual exploit weapons on your captain and your team is comprised with expose weapons, you should be able to expose it quickly and vaporize it fast.

Where's the problem?

Also - having played since Live, the Remans have pretty much been like this and I've rolled two Captains through the Romulan front. It's nothing to do with the last patch.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    but he killed me thru 2 count them 2 sheilds....Not really complaining here...I just thought it was funny.

I start to set up the FF when a grenade goes off pushing me into the artifact and ploop...up goes the sheild with me inside....as I'm laughing about this waiting for the button to pop up to free myself, a Reman Capt. Spawns and turns and smotes me inside 2 sheilds.....I was laughing even harder on vent
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Stop trying to heal and tank that NPC. Before you engage the mob, look for that specific NPC - you have time to do so. Once you've found it, adjust your away team correctly, have them attack your target and nail it quickly. If your carrying dual exploit weapons on your captain and your team is comprised with expose weapons, you should be able to expose it quickly and vaporize it fast.

Where's the problem?

This is exactly how I handled the situation during the mission at Hobus. Being aware of your crew's equipment and taking advantage of strategizing prior to the battle is key. Yaaay! A group of enemies that require a bit of strategy!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The only way I dealt with it was to hit the Captain first, the faster you bring him down, the faster the group would follow suit.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Threather wrote:
    ... Yaaay! A group of enemies that require a bit of strategy!

Yeah, Cardies and Jem'mies are more of a pain ... although the Borg can really be a nuisance, but I've found that physical violence works well against the Borg ... just beat the TRIBBLE out of them and negate their shielding.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Buffalo-6 wrote:
    but he killed me thru 2 count them 2 sheilds....Not really complaining here...I just thought it was funny.

I start to set up the FF when a grenade goes off pushing me into the artifact and ploop...up goes the sheild with me inside....as I'm laughing about this waiting for the button to pop up to free myself, a Reman Capt. Spawns and turns and smotes me inside 2 sheilds.....I was laughing even harder on vent

Not sure what this second shield is coming from . . . the purple TRIBBLE they are throwing at you ignores your shields and hits you directly (hitting your HP). I suggest planning the engagement and focusing all your BO's on the Captain. Utilize every Debuff, Buff and Heal you have. Equip your BOs with Expose attacks and equip yourself with exploit attacks. Take him down quick, and use a lot of knockback, down attacks.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There's only one Reman NPC that has the ability, and he usually spawns 5 - 6 Shadow warriors as well. Just like the Cardassian's can spawn holo-NPC's, and Fed Sci's can spawn the Holo-Fleet. The trick is to focus fire on that one NPC and take it down fast. Ignore the targets, and once that Shadow-whatever its name is - is gone then the Shadow spawns will disappear automatically and the rest of the mob is simple crowd control. It's not terribly difficult, but a pain none-the-less. I believe the expression in this instance is:

Learn2Play.

The fastest way I have found is to charge in and melee the boss, who dies pretty quick. They don't really have any offense or defense other than their pets.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Threather wrote:
    Not sure what this second shield is coming from . . . the purple TRIBBLE they are throwing at you ignores your shields and hits you directly (hitting your HP). I suggest planning the engagement and focusing all your BO's on the Captain. Utilize every Debuff, Buff and Heal you have. Equip your BOs with Expose attacks and equip yourself with exploit attacks. Take him down quick, and use a lot of knockback, down attacks.

Ok in the Big Dig, you have to put a shield around 20 Artifacts (1 each, per) and I guess I was getting the last one set up when a grenade went off pushing me into the artifact space while the "Shield" was activating (progress bar) and the shield went up with me trapped inside. Ok....next part of Big Dig is Reman and Romulin Capt. spawn at each artifact. Which is where I was, inside the Artifact shield with my own personal shield on
    (duh...) and he turned and potted me before I could say "Holy Sh...." So he pulled his purple beams of death ray on me thru 2 Shields.....which I found funny as hell.

I am NOT calling fro any ner***e of any kind. But I too have hit that Reman spawn in a explore mish and I didnt count how many purple dudes he calls in but they filled the hallway and steamrolled us repeatedly until we hit eject and droped that mish and got another one. No Nerfs needed
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ner f age is considered a filtered word? WTF? LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Buffalo-6 wrote:
    ner f age is considered a filtered word? WTF? LOL

Learn something new everyday I suppose.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Learn2Play.

Tried focus fire and rushing in to melee, never works for me. My team is dead before they can get a 3'rd shot off.

L2P = I have nothing to add, but since I think I know it all, this statement should win the argument.... it doesn't
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    These guys are definitely kilalble, have done it plenty in exploration missions. You need to maximize use of healing abilities and cover, however, and it helps to position your BOs in preparation for engaging, it gets much harder if you get jumped by one of these guys.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Do NOT nerf these guys! These are about the only enemy in the game that require thought and strategy rather than just blindly running in and shooting.

See this thread for how much more fun the game is because of these guys: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=136492

As for strategy, I'm an engineering captain so here's what I do:

Find a location where you can bottle neck the enemy. Pop Cover Shield and duck behind it when things get too dicey. While behind it, heal up with hypos. Have Boffs direct all their fire at the main guy (Shadow Guard? Or whatever his name is). Lather, rinse, repeat.

Alternatively, I had my science friend stand behind the Cover Shield and heal me while I rained death upon the Reman.

I love this boss because it actually requires some thought to kill, unlike 99% of the other MOBs in the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I agree.

The first 2 patrols were no problem. But that last patrol consist of 2 reg guards, 1 elite guard, 2 elite shadow guards, 2 captains,1 reg shadow guard, and a shadow guard commander.

Add the shadow guards "shadow", that's 11 of them against my group of 5. We were getting mowed down in a matter of seconds. I gave up in frustration. I tried time and time to just pick one off at a time before I died, but that just proved fruitless. On top of that, it was one of those missions that had the respawn location at the very beginning of the instance....so every time I died i had to run the entire map again.

I'd have to agree. I had three exploration missions unfinished at the same time because the Reman groups just put me through a meat grinder every time. I don't mind a challenge, but it was just not do-able. Had to bring a group in.