test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why was my RA5 fighting a Klingon in PvP who was +5 over me?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I just finished playing the PvP map "Hostile Engagement (FvK) - Capture and Hold - Space - Salvage Operation (Small) and I was just curious about something. I'm a Federation RA5, which is the highest federation level. So why was I fighting a Klingon who was +5 over me? How is that possible? I thought that RA5 and the Klingon equivalent was the highest a character can go? Does the Klingon "Admiral" rank go up to Level 10?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Probably a Respec bug - the game may think your an RA0.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Or you got the pvp bug that demoted you before. I don't know if they fixed it, it came up yesterday.

But BG5 is the maximum a Klingon can get.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    nope, still an RA5. I didn't play in PvP until they fixed that bug. But my guy is an RA5 and he was +5 over me.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    booker9172 wrote: »
    nope, still an RA5. I didn't play in PvP until they fixed that bug. But my guy is an RA5 and he was +5 over me.

The game ranks you on your performance in pvp. If you have lost a lot you lose rank...........

(maybe lies)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    The game ranks you on your performance in pvp. If you have lost a lot you lose rank...........

(maybe lies)

I'm just like everyone else. I've won my fair share of PvP's, but I've lost a few too. Ever since the big patch, I've been losing more and more to a power that the Klingons have that goes right thru my full 100% shields and only does damage to my hulls (it's not Feedback Pulse because I haven't shot the ships that destroy me). This thing popped up a few days ago, and if I didn't have to, I wouldn't play Space PvP anymore. For more on that, see my post on Sunday, March 28th, 2010 at 6:47AM titled "Klingons abiltiy to shoot through 100% shields and only do damage to the ship's hull".

I did not, however, know that you were ranked on PvP play. Thank you for the information Dekkameron. Are you ranked by how well you do individually or as a team? Now I have to start another post about the fairness of PvP ranking.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    LOL.....Dekkameron was messing with you. There is no ranking on pvp like that. And the shhot through shields is most likely either antiproton damage or your shields blipping off due to aiming at subsystems.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Note the (maybe lies) portion of Dekkameron's message. PvP results have NO effect on your character's rank.

Edit: other than normal skill point/experience gains, that is
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The Demote bug had you keep your badge of rank (BG, RA, LtC, whatever) but demoted your numbers (Hence RA5-39)

You probably just didn't see the numbers. That would be my guess.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I knew he was kidding. Just going along with it. As for the demote bug, I didn't play PvP until after they fixed it, so it wasn't that. It wasn't antiproton or target shields because my shields did not fluctuate at all. They were at a constant full 100% while I watched my hull go from 100% to 0% in about 10 seconds. I'm not the only one who this has happened to either. I know a lot of people who are getting sick of playing the space combat PvP missions.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There seems to be a bug in the PvP map "Hostile Engagement (FvK) - Capture and Hold - Space - Salvage Operation (Small) "

i already submitted a ticket, together with players from my fleet.

problems this map seems to be having;
    - unbalanced capturing, one time it takes 4 seconds, the other time it takes 1 minut to capture it(when still neutral, so the X}

- unbalanced ship handling, some survive an attack from 4 sides, some even destroy the 4 attackers single handedly, sometimes shields don't seem to work, sometimes hull is like paper, or granite.

Please, if u experience these kind of faults, submit a ticket so they know there is something seriously wrong with this map.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ok, I got a response from CS. And away we go...

I sent in a ticket with it described this way:
    I just finished playing the PvP map "Hostile Engagement (FvK) - Capture and Hold - Space - Salvage Operation (Small) and I was just curious about something. I'm a Federation RA5, which is the highest federation level. So why was I figting a Klingon who was a +5 over me? How is that possible?

I got the response that said:
    Thank you for contacting us about this. We currently lack the information to get an accurate picture of the issue you discuss in your ticket. Please edit this ticket and include as much information as you can, so that we can do our best to resolve your issue. Helpful information may include: What was the name of that Klingon? We appreciate your feedback and thank you for playing!

I think I described the incident to the best of my abilities. I didn't catch the guys name becaus eit was at the end of the match and I was going against 5 ships who blew me up. I respawned and raced over to the same spot. I saw the ship and targeted it, it said +5, then it left the map, but not before firing a +5 Torpedo at me. So I will edit the ticket and put this in, but I don't really see how hard it can be to do a search through all the accounts for a Brigadier General 10. Just set it on search and let the computer do all the work. I understand that it may take a few days, but at least try.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    just so people know, please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not mad at the response, I do understand their point of view. I just feel that the fact that there is someone out there who ios playing 5 levels above the highest rank should have Cryptic a little bit more worried than they appear to be. I still love the game and enjoy playing it (except the PvP SPace matches). I still am amazed at the job that Cryptic has done in such a limited amount of time keeping up on all the bugs and patches.