edited March 2010
    (((Zotfripper)))

There ya go!
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Translation: Baw.
    edited March 2010
    I would just like to be able to play the game. Thats all. Only in here cause though i can login the first map won't load after selecting any of my characters. One is in Betryan out in the delta quad. One in Pi Canis, and the other sol. Though i can select any of them the server times out loading the map. Every time. Been doing it since 3 this afternoon East Coast USA time. Worked perfectly from 1 to 3. Worked near perfectly for me for the past month and a half. Worked find all day Thursday when the patch was released. Friday night at 2am started this, Seemed to be fixed after there maintance for two hours then doesn't work at all now. Just want to be able to play my game on my days off. Not too much to ask i don't think.
    edited March 2010
    There you go. Edited.

Suldra.
    edited March 2010
    What ever the problem may be they need to get it fixed. I am enjoying the game very much, and would like to continue to enjoy. However I have been stuck at the earth space port. When I try to leave it just gets hung in loading screen then kicked to log in. Besides that problem I am always getting "server not responding". Been days I have been kicked to log in 4 to 7 times in a 2 hour period. First MMO I have truely enjoyed playing other than SWG. However I would like this space game to be a little more bug free. :D
    edited March 2010
    Oh I love the game. I am going to stick with it but right now I cannot get in. LOL

Suldra.
    edited March 2010
    This is an MMO that is only in its third month, and this is the first time an issue like this has come up... and I have been a member since week 2. If this was a repeatable occurance then we would have a serious problem. But at this point we do need to give Cryptic the chance to handle this situation and let them work out the bugs.

These server issues this weekend do frustrate me, but I am over all very happy with what Cryptic has done up to this point and am more then willing to put my faith in them to get it corrected until they prove otherwise. :)
    edited March 2010
    jhered wrote:
    Of particular note is the stability of your server. Timeouts, zone drops, login issues are fundamental. If you are having trouble with this then I suggest you swallow your pride and ask for help. A good company to call and ask for assistance would be CCP in Iceland; they have a huge MMO that has years of quality and stability and a dedicated customer base that can vouch that EVE Online is up 24/7 except during the daily reboot. I know I am a dedicated customer of theirs and would like to be a dedicated customer of yours.

I like your game, I see its potential and understand your doing your best but right now you’re failing on a very basic and fundamental level. Get some help.

Swallow your pride and save your game. I and many others with then continue to line your shareholders pockets with money. Send this post to them I think they will agree.
    Suldra.

The net ops department of Cryptic are some of the best in the industry. The have been bending over backwards to insure server stability. Yes, some times a gremlin does get in the system, this is normal. even at this point in the life of a MMORPG strange things can happen. As content is pushed out it can do unexpected things to a server system.

Over time every MMORPG studio learns the quirks and quibbles of the system they have built. This always takes time. No MMORPG I have seen gets really smooth and stable until about month four. Even then, with the launch of a new patch stuff can happen.

As far as swallowing pride and asking for help is concerned, they cannot. Each server for each MMORPG is different and custom built and programed. No one can come in with a tech wand and make it work other than the builder/programmers who made it.

Something I have read of and heard from Cryptic about net ops is when something happens like what is going on now, if they are not on the schedule, They come in on their time off and hit the problem with ans many people as they can muster. This game is a child to them. They feel responsible to it as a parent would. Imagine if your son or daughter got sick and how upset you would be about their discomfort. This is how server admins are with their servers.
    edited March 2010
    Cryptic is painfully aware that server stability is a big part of retaining customers. I would bet that some heads are going to get knocked about sooner than later. Jack is a pretty stern and serious operations manager. He has a sense of humor about stuff but he does point a finger when need be.

BTW, thanks for the reformatting. I really do appreciate it :D
    edited March 2010
    I hope so I do not want to see this game fail. Its my back up for EVE and I love it. Especially the PvP.

Suldra.
    edited March 2010
    "Reports of Cryptic's failure have been greatly exaggerated"

I can confidently say that STO will not fail. If anything it will grow in content and its user base.

Something I tell the students I work with who share my interests in MMORPGs (my actual academic tech comm specialization) about Both CCP and Cryptic is when they both launched their first games there servers were TRIBBLE. After a little time both companies ended up with some of the most stable servers in the industry. Cryptic's server have remained online even through as high as a closer 5.5 magnitude earthquake to my knowledge.
    edited March 2010
    Seliak wrote: »
    Wall of text crits for 100000000 points

But yea down time sux

Yep it does suck. Every mmo has it just like every mmo has bugs and networking problems at times. To read these posts gives one the impression some of these people have never played an mmo before.
    edited March 2010
    Have fun in whichever game you end up in.

*cue trumpets*

Can I have your stuff?!

Laughing at the apparent need for people to whine over a new MMO.

The 3rd of every month is a mini Holy Day for me now, those who are left behind will make the place better with their absence and those who are dedicated and stay will likewise build a better community.

Yours in "Hard knocks and careful courtesy" Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

"New MMO" is not really excuse for downtimes, MMOs which have been around for some time always experience some sort of problem on patch day, its a common occurence. The OP has his right to gripe at the situation, it is business, and he is a customer. Cryptic is providing service, are they failing on their end of the contract? Probably not. Should they do something in return for customers who lost their saturday game time...well its up to them.
    edited March 2010
    tl;dr

I appreciate proper grammar, syntax, structure, parsimony.... all of these things are lacked by OP's initial post.

This is a failed BAWHing threat.

Therefore I trumpet the impending closure of said thread!
    edited March 2010
    My biggest problem with todays events is the spamming by the GMs working on the PvP map, a small problem when talking about people cant even travel. If Cryptic was really worried about fixing the problem they would take the server down and fix it. Instead it appears they are content with waiting.
    edited March 2010
    tl;dr

I appreciate proper grammar, syntax, structure, parsimony.... all of these things are lacked by OP's initial post.

This is a failed BAWHing threat.

Therefore I trumpet the impending closure of said thread!

*sighs*

another one that does not read and get informed before opening their mouths.....the post was edited long before you posted. Why on earth would you make a trolling comment like this? My post was not a whine just a comment based on the days events...but you didn't read that or the following conversation did you?

Suldra.
    edited March 2010
    -Yahto- wrote:
    My biggest problem with todays events is the spamming by the GMs working on the PvP map, a small problem when talking about people cant even travel. If Cryptic was really worried about fixing the problem they would take the server down and fix it. Instead it appears they are content with waiting.

nope, they were trying to fix the problem with the servers still up. That plan has changed...
    Continuum wrote:
    Okay everyone the plan for fixing this issue has changed. Since it got worse as the day went on we upped the time table.

We've started some work on the db to prep it for the fix.
    Sometime around 6:15 (exact time to come with plenty of warnings in game) we'll be bringing the servers down for emergency maintenance.
    That'll let us run the rest of the fixes needed to solve the map transfer lag issue.
    Once the fixes are finished we'll be bringing the servers back up.

We're working hard to get other fixes ready for the same window (PvP in particular). If they aren't ready in time we may still need to do a 3am maintenance, but hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks for all the feedback, we're working to get these fixes to you as fast as we can.

-Continuum
    edited March 2010
    No need to. All I have to see is that Ayenn posted and I can rest assured that enough sense has been slapped into a thread. Truly, no sarcasm. Ayenn is very thoughtful. However...

I'm just bored because the sever is down and I enjoy trolling crybaby threads... I love it!
    edited March 2010
    mirek99 wrote:
    To read these posts gives one the impression some of these people have never played an mmo before.

I was getting the same impression.
    edited March 2010
    Ayenn wrote:
    nope, they were trying to fix the problem with the servers still up. That plan has changed...

Awesome!

Suldra
    edited March 2010
    What I've noticed as time goes on is that the development team really wants to make everyone happy. They work hard, you can tell they're inundated with bug fixes, patches, upgrades and the like, and for me it's just one more reason to stick around. I enjoy the game the more I play it, and it is starting to feel more and more polished each time they throw in a patch. I know in due time things will gel as they should.

I just hope they continue to offer the lifetime membership for people like me who plan on eventually getting it.
    edited March 2010
    jhered wrote:
    Ok I have been very patient thus far with this game and I will continue to be patient but there comes a time when you need to speak up.

I understand the logistics of making MMO’s and I am not going to rage rant over things that are beyond your immediate control.

However, I think that today’s problems are indicative of a company that is not prioritizing its product needs to assure that customers can at least continue to participate in the game while you work on issues that logically appear as you expand and develop.

Of particular note is the stability of your server. Timeouts, zone drops, login issues are fundamental. If you are having trouble with this then I suggest you swallow your pride and ask for help. A good company to call and ask for assistance would be CCP in Iceland; they have a huge MMO that has years of quality and stability and a dedicated customer base that can vouch that EVE Online is up 24/7 except during the daily reboot. I know I am a dedicated customer of theirs and would like to be a dedicated customer of yours.

I like your game, I see its potential and understand your doing your best but right now you’re failing on a very basic and fundamental level. Get some help.

Swallow your pride and save your game. I and many others with then continue to line your shareholders pockets with money. Send this post to them I think they will agree.
    Suldra.

Thank you for redoing this =)

From what I can tell, asking CCP would not be practical, mostly since they are in Iceland and Cryptic is in California. What they should do is just get more people on it period. I do agree, this is getting old fast, and people are not going to wait for it to become stable, which is a sad state of things.
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, it sucks, we can't play for a bit. Yeah, it doubly sucks because we're paying for a day we can't play. On the other hand, anyone who has survived the first 4-5 months of ANY MMO shouldn't be surprised at all by this. It's the nature of the beast, you have serious ups and downs before something akin to a stable game occurs. Don't want to be a part of it? Then come back around June, by that time I'm sure the ST:O team will be a throughly seasoned and smooth running dev team and problems like the one we're having tonight will be old news.

Admittedly I wasn't around in the first few months of EVE, but I'm sure they had their own set of problems...actually I seem to remember a few years ago that they had some severe lagtime hitting all US players...but they fixed it, and now look, they're being held up as an example of what a running server should be.

Have patience, take a deep breath, and keep it in context....you missed one night of gaming, it could've been much much worse (still might be, ha!)
    edited March 2010
    jhered wrote:
    You don’t have to read my posts or play this game if you don’t like it. That’s the beauty of the internet; you have choices. Please stop ragging on me because of my literacy and ability to read. If your having trouble reading my posts then might I suggest the following:
    Sylvan learning center – excellent reading and writing tools
    Hooked on phonics – teaches basic but fundamental reading skills.
    There are more but I don’t want to overload my readers.
    Suldra.

OK, now that was funny i dont care what you say....besides, the guy does post a valid point. as a paying customer, his input, whether you agree with it or not, actually helps YOUR gameplay. It provides Cryptic with intellegent, and obviously, well thought out feedback on gameplay issues. The guy isnt just "whining" , if you read carefully, at least he also is providing possible soloutions which is more than I can say for most people who post on game forums.
    edited March 2010
    With all the server issues going on, seems to me that 2 of the 3 people that work for cryptic just quit.