test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

March 4th Infected sign here if you HAVE NEVER COMPLETED MISSION

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I've done it several times and i enjoy doing it takes a little long but its not that bad and once you have completed several times it gets a lot easier and you tell the people that havent done it exactly how to do it.

I still havent figured a sound way of beating the queen coz it gets a bit repetative taking the shields down several times and theres not many people willing to keep trying it to firgure out the best way to beat her but as i said i like it.

/notsigned
    edited March 2010
    I have not done infected yet. STO is my casual relax game. I am a trekkie, not treker and solely play to be in the Star Trek universe. Im still playing WOW with friends and if I want to raid Ill do it there. Although lately its only on weekends. maybe later Ill do the STO raids or dungeons
    edited March 2010
    I wont play it tbh cause 1) I hate super Mario In Space and 2) I cant take ground combat serious seeing so they refuse to fix the Awful BO AI getting stuck on a Plant!! No not a killer huge plant but a daisy none the less!! Give us a summon button or get them to spawn to our location if we get a large distance away!! Not rocket science,
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:
    /me wonders what the point of this thread is other than to try and make all the people that do enjoy it feel bad.

Nobody enjoyed it. We endured it. It was a diabolical mess and you know it.
    If Infected is the future of STO then it is bleak indeed.
    edited March 2010
    shadowgate wrote: »
    I have never once completed this mission. I tried it for days and days after it came out. Groups failed and gave up. Today I thought well I am bored so I will try it. First group I had the people couldn't get the code in after 4 try's for the first shield. The second group I had was just a group of we die a lot.

/Signed

Never as Im still Lt. Cmdr 7.

Never been much for Instance PvE Raids in MMO's anyway. Prefer open MMO feel and PvP in group or solo.

Hope STO never goes in the direction to only focus on intance PvE Raids as the only end-game content with all desirable loot/drops only in instance Raids. Fine make instance raids for those that enjoy that but keep in mind variation and other ways to equally reward other playstyles for those that dont enjoy instance PvE Raids.
    edited March 2010
    I think most players don't know this and if they find this out after the patch many will ragequit because of blocked access to raidisodes content.

Wow...Didn't know this...well....looks like I won't be doing Cure or Infected. I wont ragequit or drop my sub, but I am saying I probably wont even bother to attempt any new raid content in the future. If this is how it's going to be in the future, all you're doing is reinforcing my belief that it's all a waste my time.

(2 Fed RA5/1 Klink Captain)
    edited March 2010
    I have about 20hrs invested and no completion.
    edited March 2010
    I have been to the end about 15 times and the group always gets frustrated and leaves every time so i havent been able to complete it either.
    edited March 2010
    Nope, seen way to many people in zone chat screaming at each other and too many flames... not wantiing to re-live wow raiding and guild infighting again so staying clear of any instance where people in zone chat say LFM Tac, must have MK X this, must have 'insert ability', must have... Seen the video and read about it in forums, seems pretty cool, but not worth all the drama.
    edited March 2010
    I've not done it yet, I doubt I will anytime soon, Just seeing the Zone chat saying "Must have MkX very rare and Vent" is enough to put me off.

If I want to log onto any sort of coms it will be with a fleet (if I ever join one) or friends, not some randoms coms, Plus I've seen to many PuG's go south because people turn into rage monsters when things dont go right 1st time.

And besides, I'm not in any rush to get what little end game there is done yet.
    edited March 2010
    I invested around 14 hours in Pugs and fleets groups the weekend it went live and didnt beat it. Haven't been back yet to try again.
    edited March 2010
    Droidarr wrote: »
    Nope, seen way to many people in zone chat screaming at each other and too many flames... not wantiing to re-live wow raiding and guild infighting again so staying clear of any instance where people in zone chat say LFM Tac, must have MK X this, must have 'insert ability', must have... Seen the video and read about it in forums, seems pretty cool, but not worth all the drama.

I have enough on my plate so I don't need someone freaking out because I missed a jump. I know exactly what your talking about, people get so enraged over a game, its quite sad really. I won't ever subject myself to that immature environment again.

When I heard a Star Trek mmo was coming out I use to joke with some friends about the fight to sit in the captain's chair-with the loser going to engineering and blowing the warp core in spite. But in reality I thought this game would have a very mature, easygoing, audience. The jury is still out on that for me. Ive met some great people, but for every person with respect and common courtesy to name their captain and ship in the spirit of star trek there is a guy who thinks its funny and cute to call his ship LOLZ.
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:
    /me wonders what the point of this thread is other than to try and make all the people that do enjoy it feel bad.

wow a little rude......i would say this post is more to let you know that alot of players think your raid content SUX, and maby you should fix it.......
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:

Why not actually moderate it then lol.

Its a fun mission and not hard to do with a team who have a basic understanding of ground combat.

If you are RA5 and have not done it or your making up excuses why not too, then your missing out on a great story.
    edited March 2010
    I have not completed it because I'm just a Captain 5
    edited March 2010
    Vorcain wrote:
    wow a little rude......i would say this post is more to let you know that alot of players think your raid content SUX, and maby you should fix it.......

Every time somebody's called them out on the extremely poor design of Infected, they've blamed the player.
    How unprofessional can you get.
    edited March 2010
    I have tried it a load of times and have never completed it either.
    I have now given up and will never try it again unless they change the difficulty on it.
    edited March 2010
    Kanharn wrote: »
    Why not actually moderate it then lol.

Its a fun mission and not hard to do with a team who have a basic understanding of ground combat.

If you are RA5 and have not done it or your making up excuses why not too, then your missing out on a great story.

I am glad you enjoyed it, but I am not making up excuses like I was trying to get out of work or school! Just because your good with the kind of mechanical challenges Infected is built on you "assume" its easy for everyone. Some people don't enjoy feeling rushed. Some people don't enjoy hare-trigger gaming. So before you assume we are making up excuses, think.
    edited March 2010
    Make it soloable! I don't have the time nor patience to wait for a PUG and don't know enough people in game for an organized group.

Keep it extremely difficult but let people do with their BOs even if the mission has to be tweaked for single players or smaller groups.

Some people believe it or not are afraid to look bad doing this after hearing all the experience players complain and the demands for vent. This is creating a gap within the community, mostly between older players who can't devote as much time as the kids do. If this is the future of STO a lot of people are going to be turned off, a lot of casual players haven't hit RA5 yet but when they do expect the complaints to flood in.
    edited March 2010
    Yup have to agree make it soloable. I have soloed the game up to now as I have no patience for 12 year olds ranting in chat. Believe Cryptic is making a mistake in not allowing solo play on end game content. No amount of potential reward will make me team if I prefer to solo. It just means less end game, and ulimately, loss of interest and subscribers imo.

On a side note, anyone of a like mind have a relaxed, helpful fleet they'd care to recommend? I don't mind using vent, it's just I have an aversion to anyone taking the game seriously to the point where they feel the need to cry or rage about it....... please feel free to send me a PM if so.... cheers
    edited March 2010
    They should definately NOT make it soloable. They need to make more decent instances like infected.

And it's not that hard IF people know what to do... or just at least listen to those who do know what to do.
    Did it yesterday with a pug group. cleared the whole thing except the last boss with no one having done it before... it takes some time if you have to find out how it works and stuff.

But once you know the tactics... and people listen and do what is needed... it's not that hard.
    Only reason we didn't finish is cause 2 ppl had to leave and 1 got stuck cause of a bug.

Just join a guild and go with them. Or get to know some players who know how to play.

If we full noob group could figure out how to do it, and clear it on first try... trust me... then it's not THAT hard.

I think with semi-experienced ppl (and even without great gear) it should be doable in a hour and a half, which is perfect for a (raid)instance.
    edited March 2010
    Cheldu wrote:
    They should definately NOT make it soloable. They need to make more decent instances like infected.

This might be your opinion but I GUARANTEE it is not the majority of STO players. If they wanted this game like that they should have designed it that way from the ground up.
    edited March 2010
    Cheldu wrote:

And it's not that hard IF people know what to do... or just at least listen to those who do know what to do.
    Did it yesterday with a pug group. cleared the whole thing except the last boss with no one having done it before... it takes some time if you have to find out how it works and stuff.

But once you know the tactics... and people listen and do what is needed... it's not that hard.
    Only reason we didn't finish is cause 2 ppl had to leave and 1 got stuck cause of a bug.

Just join a guild and go with them. Or get to know some players who know how to play.

If we full noob group could figure out how to do it, and clear it on first try... trust me... then it's not THAT hard.

I think with semi-experienced ppl (and even without great gear) it should be doable in a hour and a half, which is perfect for a (raid)instance.

Your trying to sell meat to a vegetarian. Nothing you say will make people like me enjoy content like that. What us vegans want is some vegan meals on the menu or were taking our business elsewhere. I do not want your raiding destroyed, I just want other options.
    edited March 2010
    This might be your opinion but I GUARANTEE it is not the majority of STO players. If they wanted this game like that they should have designed it that way from the ground up.

This.
    They spend the whole game teaching us to depend on ourselves and our bridge crews, grouping only when we really want to, aside from fleet actions which have more than 5 players and don't require stringent group makups.
    Suddenly here come the STFs and the developers go "You know that whole game you've played up till now? Well forget about it, it's WoW now!"
    What the hell? That's the type of insipid forced-group gameplay people left other MMOs to play STO for!
    edited March 2010
    I have two RA5 characters, working on my third, and I have never done Infected.

The first week Infected came out I figured I'd check it out. After sitting in /zone asking for a group for about 30 minutes I finally got an invite. When asked if I had a purple mk-x healing kit (I was on my science toon), I told them I wasn't a healer. I got booted from the group without another word.

I usually don't mind the group missions in STO, but when I'm told I have to play a certain way or I can't join a group, I don't join. Pretty simple really.
    edited March 2010
    This.
    What the hell? That's the type of insipid forced-group gameplay people left other MMOs to play STO for!

Why you play a MMORPG if you don't group and prefer to play alone ?

I want more missions like infected ! And I want raids for 10 or more players !
    edited March 2010
    Stone_Cold wrote: »
    Why you play a MMORPG if you don't group and prefer to play alone ?

I want more missions like infected ! And I want raids for 10 or more players !

I agree with the fact you get forced to group with bone heads and the whole 2 -3 hours you spent is for not.

I rather go at it alone, where Im the only one that can let myself down, not havesomeone quit cuz some raged out kid that couldnt have the patience to complete the mission.
    edited March 2010
    Tried several times. No pugs seem to have the guts to stick it out. I've never been in a group that I felt they just "couldnt" do it, they always just have no patience and someone leaves. Once someone leaves, we never get a replacement and the whole group is ruined.
    edited March 2010
    I have read the majority of these posts and you guys have to realize one thing. You can't have everything in an MMO.

MMO's have to cater to a few different types of people and 99.95% of the PVE in this game is casual and easy. Infected is the one thing here that is remotely challenging and similar to coordinated raid content. Allow the people that like this kind of thing to have it. I'm sure most of you have played other MMOs out there. There will always be people that want some sort of challenge like this in any game.

Games have to present some reason to get better gear and improve tactics. PVP is one avenue and raiding is the other. Without that content there really isn't anything to do or work towards in the end game unless you RP. If you find this to hard and don't want to do it so be it. Others on this server don't find it impossible and as I mentioned allows us to work with our friends and build our characters/skills to beat this stuff.

Let those of us that like this type of encounter have it. You aren't forced to do it.
    edited March 2010
    I like the existence of group-oriented PvE.

I just think this particular combination of whack-a-Borg, Super Mario, and Operation (don't touch the SIDES!!!) kinda sucks.