test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How Many Feel Comfortable Waiting For Episode 2?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I was just curious. A lot of people are claiming that the second major patch is finally going to contain the supplemental content that this forty-five day patch appears to be missing. I just was wondering how many people who visit the forums really feel like waiting around with the content as it is, plus the small bits that are coming with S1 and how many do not believe they will.

Save your flames. I'm just curious; I don't believe for a moment a single topic on a forum is going to equate to some absolute answer since we all know that many of our fellow players do not visit the forums.

Speak your piece, and thank you for participating in the thread.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I guess that I'm having a problem understanding the question.

Comfortable waiting? What choice do we have?
    edited March 2010
    Many people are claiming that they're taking breaks/leaving. I do not know how much validity is in what that smattering of posts holds, so I thought I'd ask :). Is that a widespread consensus amongst some, or am I imagining things? (And if they're staying, why are so many complaining?)
    edited March 2010
    Hanging in there for now. Love star trek, think they did a pretty good job (fed PVE) side and storyline was really nice. Have 2 RA5s (Sci and Tac) and only log in to do dailies or help a friend when they call. Worked on a 3rd slot, ran through all the Klingon side, Engineer stuff... but really just waiting around and hoping
    edited March 2010
    In for the long haul and enjoying myself! ;)
    edited March 2010
    Yes I am comfortable waiting. See lifetime sub, i have all the time in the world.
    edited March 2010
    When i start playing Episode 1 i will start thinking about Episode 2 :)
    edited March 2010

I think he means - "wait or cancel".

Yes, its possible this thread really is that tedious :rolleyes:
    edited March 2010

you have the choice to stop playing
    edited March 2010
    Well, they claim that they're leaving, but they're still here posting aren't they?

Imagine in real life someone getting upset because their food is cold and screaming like a maniac and comparing the waitress to Hitler. That kind of thing happening in real life is rare.

However, on the internet you have a lot of people with little or no social skills posting from the safety of their mother's basement. So of course this kind of over-reaction has become common.

Of course it doesn't help that Star Trek Online really does have a large number of issues that need to be addressed. The biggest problem is that these psychotic children (i.e. forum trolls) expect Cryptic to wave their magic wands and fix everything today. And that just isn't realistic.
    edited March 2010
    I think he means - "wait or cancel".

Yes, its possible this thread really is that tedious :rolleyes:

Please do not bring negativity to this thread.
    edited March 2010
    Well, they claim that they're leaving, but they're still here posting aren't they?

Imagine in real life someone getting upset because their food is cold and screaming like a maniac and comparing the waitress to Hitler. That kind of thing happening in real life is rare.

However, on the internet you have a lot of people with little or no social skills posting from the safety of their mother's basement. So of course this kind of over-reaction has become common.

Of course it doesn't help that Star Trek Online really does have a large number of issues that need to be addressed. The biggest problem is that these psychotic children (i.e. forum trolls) expect Cryptic to wave their magic wands and fix everything today. And that just isn't realistic.

why dont you cry about it
    edited March 2010
    why dont you cry about it

Jesus, only a few posts in and you people can't BEHAVE. Please stay on topic or leave. There are plenty of other spam-filled topics eagerly awaiting your failed attempts at flaming each other.
    edited March 2010
    What players should be realising is...

The rate that MAJOR content fixes and additions are being pushed out -regardless- of the state of the game upon release.

The rate that their pushing stuff out is wonderful, no complaints, and still having fun without feeling like i'm waiting for anything.
    Jesus, only a few posts in and you people can't BEHAVE.

*THWAPS you* ....respect the dead :D
    edited March 2010

I believe by the tone it would be leaving.
    Balistic wrote: »
    When i start playing Episode 1 i will start thinking about Episode 2 :)

Wait... this is star wars now? lol

As for my answer, see the quote at the bottom of my sig
    edited March 2010
    Sirius39 wrote:
    The rate that their pushing stuff out is wonderful, no complaints, and still having fun without feeling like i'm waiting for anything.
    I agree with you, this is my favorite thing about Star Trek Online.

The thing that's bothered me the most about MMOs is that I pay a monthly fee, but I don't get monthly updates. I get updates a couple of times a year, maybe.

So yeah, I'm comfortable waiting for Season 1 and Season 2, because they're also putting in other things every month.
    edited March 2010
    /facepalm

I did not realize the question would be so difficult to comprehend...
    edited March 2010
    Erm....

You talk about behaviour in this thread, you're only fuelling it with your snide comments at peoples responses putting you at the same level as them, you get what you give as they say.

So considering my reply above did without insult, fully link to your OP post request...I would at this stage ask you to sit the F down, stop trolling and please, give what you expect to receive.

No more pedestal for you.

And no pedestal for me cause, I just reduced myself to above mentioned level.
    edited March 2010
    Nevermind then. I'm just tired of insta-conflict whenever a thread begins.
    edited March 2010
    I'm happy to wait, and continue playing. I'm still having a blast with STO and enjoying it regardless.
    edited March 2010
    Kasidy wrote:
    Nevermind then. I'm just tired of insta-conflict whenever a thread begins.

we r teh interwebz...

prepar 2 b immolated...

resistance is lul...
    edited March 2010
    Sirius39 wrote:
    Erm....

You talk about behaviour in this thread, you're only fuelling it with your snide comments at peoples responses putting you at the same level as them, you get what you give as they say.

So considering my reply above did without insult, fully link to your OP post request...I would at this stage ask you to sit the F down, stop trolling and please, give what you expect to receive.

No more pedestal for you.

And no pedestal for me cause, I just reduced myself to above mentioned level.

in your face, kasidy
    edited March 2010
    in your face, kasidy

What do you have to say about the actual topic?
    edited March 2010
    sure id prefer it all now but im patient and can wait. if i have to unsub for a month or so then come back then thats no problem. i never expected to play the game consistently for months on end
    edited March 2010
    Kasidy wrote:
    What do you have to say about the actual topic?

episode one feels like its going to be like rearranging deckchairs on the titanic.

does anyone really want to play as a pakled?

after the episode one fail, i dont think there will be that many people around for episode two
    edited March 2010
    I will go so far as to say I am looking forward to the third one ;)
    edited March 2010
    I'll just assume the OP meant will you be sticking around or canceling and waiting on the publish before checking it out.

In that sense I feel comfortable with the game's direction to stick around more. This game, to me, seems to have been directed at casual gamers who loved Star Trek. For me it's meeting that expectation. I'm not saying I like everything about the game but with the addition of Klingon PvE and trying to straighten out PvP I think the Devs/Producers are intending to flesh out the game as any old mmo would... over time.
    edited March 2010
    Kasidy wrote:
    I was just curious. A lot of people are claiming that the second major patch is finally going to contain the supplemental content that this forty-five day patch appears to be missing. I just was wondering how many people who visit the forums really feel like waiting around with the content as it is, plus the small bits that are coming with S1 and how many do not believe they will.

Save your flames. I'm just curious; I don't believe for a moment a single topic on a forum is going to equate to some absolute answer since we all know that many of our fellow players do not visit the forums.

Speak your piece, and thank you for participating in the thread.

I have a sore belly today so I am not all that comfortable.
    Normally, I am an adult and if I am not comfortable waiting than I won't be comfortable waiting for anything and ergo shouldn't be comfortable waiting for anything including my kids
    edited March 2010

There really isn't a question there at all. THe OP is soap boxing in a thin disguise of asking a question.
    edited March 2010
    Kasidy wrote:
    /facepalm

I did not realize the question would be so difficult to comprehend...

Questions are not difficult to comprehend. Your OP could have asked a question within a sentence or two, but then you started working on guiding the answers you would receive and your question lost a good degree of relevance.
    edited March 2010
    As long as the game moves forward with improvements and fixes, I can justify my sub. The engineering reports do list an impressive amount of things, that will make the game tons better, so I choose to live in hope.

For some people however it would perhaps be a better option to take a break and come back later, as for many, it seems that posting had become the substitute of playing the game :)