test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Event issues. What do you do?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Ok, recently I have become an officer in our Fleet and I have taken it upon myself to make it my job to come up with "Fleet Night" thus giving the fleet something to do as a weekly event. Last Friday night, 5 of us ran the Infected mission and had beaten it in record time. We had a lot of fun and it brought the Fleet together in a care bear way that brought us closer together as a Fleet. Trouble is, anything I come up with, only RA5's can be involved with. I thought about Fleet Actions, but those are level specific. I thought about PvP, but that is level specific. I thought about Task Forces, but that as of now is restricted to high levels only.

About the only thing I could actually come up with, was to find out who the lowest level player is within the group, and then everyone get together and just run their missions. But even doing that, still leaves some players left out in the cold due to a 5 player team limit. So that is risky as you could possibly upset another player, there's simply not enough room to fit everyone in the team.

So tell me, fellow Event Coordinators, what have you done to work around this issue within your Fleets?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    CE

10chars.
    edited March 2010
    i believe they are adding a sidekick system in the coming months so that might help you in the future
    edited March 2010
    CE

10chars.

Honestly, I have thought about CE a few dozen times, but every time I think about that one, I think about all the other players who can come in and go against the grain of what our fleet is trying to do and pretty much TRIBBLE things up. All it takes is one player to TRIBBLE up CE, so I tend to shy away from that idea.
    edited March 2010
    Wraiven wrote: »
    Honestly, I have thought about CE a few dozen times, but every time I think about that one, I think about all the other players who can come in and go against the grain of what our fleet is trying to do and pretty much TRIBBLE things up. All it takes is one player to TRIBBLE up CE, so I tend to shy away from that idea.

Ok i think currently your options are limited.

With CE at least you have something to do......perhaps you could take command and guide the random peeps that join mid game into doing the right thing.....other than that the options are limited unless you consider RP?

Not ideal really but currently as I said options are limited.

Edit - Damn did i really say options are limited 3 times? Wow lol I guess your options are limited then haha
    edited March 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:
    Ok i think currently your options are limited.

With CE at least you have something to do......perhaps you could take command and guide the random peeps that join mid game into doing the right thing.....other than that the options are limited unless you consider RP?

Not ideal really but currently as I said options are limited.

Edit - Damn did i really say options are limited 3 times? Wow lol I guess your options are limited then haha

I lol'ed at that one. Yeah, I guess my options are pretty limited. Meh, with the side kick system coming up, that will sure make my job one hell of a lot easier.
    edited March 2010
    CE is a fleet action and that will be divide by rank in the next patch too (ie all the fleet actions, ranks will be seperated into diffferent instances so all the RA's together, all the Caps, etc) and the mobs will be scaled accordingly.
    edited March 2010
    CE is a fleet action and that will be divide by rank in the next patch too (ie all the fleet actions, ranks will be seperated into diffferent instances so all the RA's together, all the Caps, etc) and the mobs will be scaled accordingly.

Ouch.....that will pretty much remove CE from that list of options then........Sidekick system would be sorely needed when that happens.
    edited March 2010
    Wraiven wrote: »
    Ok, recently I have become an officer in our Fleet and I have taken it upon myself to make it my job to come up with "Fleet Night" thus giving the fleet something to do as a weekly event. Last Friday night, 5 of us ran the Infected mission and had beaten it in record time. We had a lot of fun and it brought the Fleet together in a care bear way that brought us closer together as a Fleet. Trouble is, anything I come up with, only RA5's can be involved with. I thought about Fleet Actions, but those are level specific. I thought about PvP, but that is level specific. I thought about Task Forces, but that as of now is restricted to high levels only.

About the only thing I could actually come up with, was to find out who the lowest level player is within the group, and then everyone get together and just run their missions. But even doing that, still leaves some players left out in the cold due to a 5 player team limit. So that is risky as you could possibly upset another player, there's simply not enough room to fit everyone in the team.

So tell me, fellow Event Coordinators, what have you done to work around this issue within your Fleets?

Running people through missions - You, as the higher level, will soak up the overwhelming majority of the skill points per NPC kill. Plus, the NPCs will "scale" (mostly in number in this case, slightly in difficulty) because you are in their group. The lower level will gain between 0-1 skill point per kill.

DSE - Same as above.

Fleet action(s) - Same Skill Point issue. The only real benefit here is if you are a DPS class and get top 1-2 damage done, then you can pass out the loot you get to the lower level, assuming it is useful to them. Be prepared to accept any flames that come with doing this.

Really, this isn't the first / only game that segregates the lower levels from the higher level players. There really isn't a way to play with your lower level members unless you have a character of a similar level.

Be there for support - answer questions, offer suggestions, do out of game events with prizes. There are a lot of ways to build a community within a fleet that doesn't involve the game itself. Honestly, to have a REALLY good guild community, it can't just involve the game itself.

It does, however, involve a large amount of your time invested. Be aware of that prior to taking on this mantle, b/c it is harsh, trying, and thankless.

Best of luck