test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Critical Mission Bug on planet Xi Chamaeleontis H659-E

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
On the mission that task you to find 4 energy sources on the planet Xi Chamaeleontis H659-E one of the energy sources (on the north side of the map) is spawned under a hill because I can just make out the flashing it gives off, but cant see or scan it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Razor117 wrote:
    On the mission that task you to find 4 energy sources on the planet Xi Chamaeleontis H659-E one of the energy sources (on the north side of the map) is spawned under a hill because I can just make out the flashing it gives off, but cant see or scan it.

I can't agree more. The bug appears to be the one that I am seeing all over the place: The thing that I need to scan is WITHIN a hill, container, or other thing that prevents me from scanning it. I've spent an hour on this mission, and now that I know there is NO WAY to complete it, I am pretty ****ed. This might not seem like a big deal to some people, but it is a HUGE deal to others.

As of now, I have 7 missions that I cannot complete, but only require a single step to complete. This hurts rankings, enjoyment, and makes me think again about paying for a second month of access.

Maybe I am not the right person to be playing an MMO because I have a family and such...so finding hours to walk around with incomplete missions due to game bugs aren't exactly enticing.
    edited February 2010
    Same here cant complete Chamaeleontis, they placed the artifact below surface of a mound of dirt so you cannot reach it
    edited March 2010
    Great to know that 2 weeks and 1000+ MB of patches later the bug is still there....:mad:
    edited March 2010
    :( Makes it tough to complete "Explore Hromi Cluster" if you try to use this as one of the three. Gotta do it again to get credit. Lame sauce!
    edited March 2010
    Razor117 wrote:

Thanks for posting this - I thought I must be missing something in the mission that I couldn't figure out how to do to get to it.

I have been going crazy trying to figure out how to get into that hill of dirt. There's a side that looks like it might be moveable. I've been trying everything to get to the darn artifact. My cursor turns into the funky pointer-thing, (techie term) but I can't scan the artifact in order to move on.

Very frustrating. I will file an in-game bug report while I'm still there.
    edited March 2010
    Very frustrating. I will file an in-game bug report while I'm still there.

CS reply to in-game ticket:

One of the four artifacts to scan is spawned under a hill and can't be seen or scanned. Unable to progress in the mission.

Thank you for contacting us regarding missing artifact bug. We would like to confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. While we understand you would like us to be able to resolve your issue quickly, some issues require further development from departments outside our control and cannot be resolved by a GM. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible. This MMORPG is a living and evolving experience. As such, the Game will continue to change as we implement and polish new features, which are a key in the continuing development of a dynamic play environment. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing!
    edited March 2010
    ...to post that kind of "We know there's a problem, and we're working on it" message in the general forums? It will at least give the impression that the forums are being read, instead of dealing with only tickets. It would also build confidence with the rest of us that SOMETHING is happening.

I have to say, for my part, I have found a great decrease of in-game bugs over the last week or 2, but this may also be due to the fact that I am passed the base missions. Either way, the game is much more enjoyable now that I seem to be able to complete missions.

Now...if we could just get some variety instead of "Scan, scan, scan" and "kill, kill, kill" :)
    edited March 2010
    There have been missions with bugs all over the game. We are paying not only to waste our time but to do it and get frustrated because the game is incomplete. I think the devlopers should find a way to compensate us for this since we are paying so much money to play a game that hasent (apparently) even been fully tested yet. Rather than adding new content and missions, maybe they should spend our money on fixing problems that have been going on since launch.
    edited March 2010
    Antimater wrote:
    There have been missions with bugs all over the game. We are paying not only to waste our time but to do it and get frustrated because the game is incomplete. I think the devlopers should find a way to compensate us for this since we are paying so much money to play a game that hasent (apparently) even been fully tested yet. Rather than adding new content and missions, maybe they should spend our money on fixing problems that have been going on since launch.

Yes, these are minor problems. Let me say it again...these are minor problems. When I was a bit newer at the game, I didn't understand a good portion of how all of this was supposed to work. That is my biggest complaint: Not really ANY documentation. No "how-to" anything. It's all either trial and error, or you're looking for friends kind enough to pass info on w/out making fun of the 'n00b'.

Ok...I have a solution for all of you running into these problems. Here is goes:

File a bug report with the developers, and then drop the missions. There is nothing that FORCES you to complete these certain missions, and they aren't required to advance or "level". BUT...you won't find out what missions need to be dumped until you have wasted time playing some of them. This happens. Chalk it up to experience.

Take the loss, file bug reports, then dump the missions. Find new ones. There's no penalty involved other than some practice time.

This game is MUCH more robust than Star Wars Galaxies, and several others upon launch. If these problems are still here in a few months, I'll join you on the picket line.

I am looking for missions other than "scan scan-kill kill". I can't just keep wiping out ships and people and scanning some things. That's not very "Star Trek" you know? Variety is what we need for now (IMHO).

Thanks!
    edited March 2010
    <snipped>That is my biggest complaint: Not really ANY documentation. No "how-to" anything. It's all either trial and error, or you're looking for friends kind enough to pass info on w/out making fun of the 'n00b'.

Completely agree - I'm a lifer, and proud of it, but since joining in Jan. I'm still struggling to figure out what the basics of some of the things are. I'm understanding a little more about the skill points thing, but still don't really get the structure or what I'm supposed to be doing with my character. And the whole BOFF skill 'training' thing still makes no sense to me. And asking such a basic 'n00b' question on the forums is inviting more stress and anxiety than I really want in a game.
    <snipped>File a bug report with the developers, and then drop the missions. There is nothing that FORCES you to complete these certain missions, and they aren't required to advance or "level". BUT...you won't find out what missions need to be dumped until you have wasted time playing some of them. This happens. Chalk it up to experience.

Well said! Another thing that I was 'scared' of - what happens if I refuse a mission? will I be stuck and never progress? etc. etc. There is no shame in dropping a mission, and you can go back and pick it up again. If you're stuck, before you drop it, try aborting the mission first, then restarting. I've had some things fix themselves by doing that - although you may have to do some things over. Logging out and coming back in sometimes works, too. And if 's too buggy and you never get anywhere with those options, file the bug report and drop the mission.

I myself have decided to just let this very annoying mission say on my list and hope that I will get a ticket response someday that they've fixed it. I'll probably have to drop it and restart anyway, lol, but it's not annoying me too much yet.

<snipped> I am looking for missions other than "scan scan-kill kill". I can't just keep wiping out ships and people and scanning some things. That's not very "Star Trek" you know? Variety is what we need for now (IMHO).

Me, too! I am not feeling all 'Federation Science Officer' when I'm 'investigating' planets with the express purpose of wiping out a bunch of other species. I'd like more research missions, diplomatic missions with multiple endings depending on your choices in discussions, that sort of thing. Maybe after I have more skills - if I can figure out how to get to 'researcher' - I'll see more of those.

I'm happy to wander the universe in a leisurely fashion and forgive bugs for a while longer; but communication back to people who report them on the forums would save a lot of frustration. And a guide, at least to the basics, would be a great help.