test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Fix The Galaxy!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Federation Discussion
"What's this?" you may be asking yourselves, "Why fix the galaxy, they did it last patch. I dont see anything wrong with it!"

Fire a dual phaser bank and you'll see what's wrong. Why the hell are hte galaxy's dual phasers coming out of hte side of the saucer. The Galaxy is the only "phaser array owning" ship that has the dual beams not firing from the phaser array itself. Please for the love of god, fix this. It looks downright stupid at the moment.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Doing a little skulking around to see what's up on this side of the game only to find this is what Fed players have to complain about.

Must be nice!

Meanwhile the Klingon faction is in a death spiral.
    edited March 2010
    STObee wrote:
    Doing a little skulking around to see what's up on this side of the game only to find this is what Fed players have to complain about.

Must be nice!

Klingon player : We'd like some content because there's nothing for us to do

Fed player : OMG our skirts are two inches too long, FIX NOW !

It is funny but since the guy in charge of fixing skirts are Cryptic isn't likely to be the same guy in charge of giving Klingon content, it's okay with me.
    edited March 2010
    I donno... .Klingons might look good in Kilts :)
    edited March 2010
    go back to QQing in the klingon section. The art team arent the same as the content delivery team.
    edited March 2010
    count23 wrote: »
    go back to QQing in the klingon section. The art team arent the same as the content delivery team.

Duh, really? And missions don't require any art?

So tell us, how many uniforms do the Feds have compared to the Klingons? And which faction is getting "off-duty clothes"? Why isn't the art department working on Klingon character customization instead of new stuff for the faction that already has like 6 times as much? Ditto for ship customization.

Feds get THREE new C-store playable spieces. Klingons get diddly. That would be the art dept again, right?

Grinding - so easy a Klingon can do it.
    edited March 2010
    STObee wrote:
    Duh, really? And missions don't require any art?

So tell us, how many uniforms do the Feds have compared to the Klingons? And which faction is getting "off-duty clothes"? Why isn't the art department working on Klingon character customization instead of new stuff for the faction that already has like 6 times as much? Ditto for ship customization.

Feds get THREE new C-store playable spieces. Klingons get diddly. That would be the art dept again, right?

Grinding - so easy a Klingon can do it.

I'm not going to bother debating this with you, every moment you QQ more about it in threads to draw them off topic is anothe minute i lose respect for you types of players. Go back and pester the devs in the klingon forums, this is the federation one.
    edited March 2010
    STObee wrote:

Must be nice!

They are making Klingon content, it takes time. You are getting exploration/oppression missions next patch and they are going to add episode content for you in the future.

They have not even mentioned fixing weapon hard points and that is something that is extremely easy to do in a short amount of time.
    edited March 2010
    I love the whole, oh we have it worse so you shouldnt complain about anything attitude.

I have a Klingon and it seems to me the only problem is how long it takes to queue up, that seems to be the main problem for taking so long to level. You get tons of pvp missions.

Federation doesnt have all that much content either, not at Rear Admiral anyway where it matters.
    edited March 2010
    Ok so this is the Ferd side, and Klingons can't talk about their issues. That I'll agree about, so Fed topics..

Who's gonna make a Pakled?

Where we gonna take our off duty uniform first. Risa, or Vulcan?

You see that new Dabo girl at Quarks on DS9?
    edited March 2010
    TBH they seem to have added the Klingons on as an after thought.
    They would have been better added as an expansion later with full PVE and PVP content sorted already.

Seems like this game was rushed out half finished and its suffered for its haste, alot and I mean alot of ppl have left already, the big question is; `Can Cryptic pull people back in with fresh content or are we looking at this nice game being burried within 6 months'? and possibly looking at a relaunch in a year or so when its been rehashed???

This is a sign of things to come in the gaming industry and I hope the designers and publishers take note that rushing to a deadline can be your downfall.

Don't get me wrong I love Star Trek and like STO alot, I joined with a couple of mates in OB and played till there was no content and my ship was kitted out, then made an alt and did the same, but I have hardly played this last few weeks, because the content now demands 5 players, I prefer to play with friends who I trust and I have known for years.

An idea might have been for Cryptic to allow us to have 2-5 players for these 5 man missions and allow us to fill in the empty spaces with our away teams, which makes more sense. As it is, if we continue to have 5 man minimum extra content missions I will join the line of ppl leaving. I dont fancy trying to eek my way through these missions with 3 random ppl some of which might need assistance when tying their shoe laces...
    edited March 2010
    The sovereign has the exact same issue actually. The dual beams fire from the sides as well. Still the biggest problem for the galaxy in my opinion is the lack of torpedo tubes ( and I foam at the mouth talking about that) :D