test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't find your issue?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Ok, am I just a bad searcher or does anyone else feel like there's something odd about the bug reporter in that they never find a match? I'll submit a new one and then find out either on here or in the response that etc. is already a known issue. Any thoughts/hints?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The only issue I have been able to match for is the anomalies issue (which is so widespread that I just chuckle every time "Data Acquired" pops up). I'll search for others by mission title, system name, and related in-mission words... still nothing! :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Awwww......how sad :(

I will post here because I have a tear in my eye.

Actually though you do have a good point the bug report search thingy does suck. I noticed it way back in OB and I have no idea what the hell is wrong with it.

needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:
    Awwww......how sad :(

I will post here because I have a tear in my eye.

Actually though you do have a good point the bug report search thingy does suck. I noticed it way back in OB and I have no idea what the hell is wrong with it.

needs to be fixed.

OK, you are so my new favorite poster. Thank you for your legit reply and your time; I was about to go eat worms...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No fret: You're not the only one. Yesterday I came a cross a text bug in one of the exploration missions in the B'Tran cluster. I was able to find the mission listed in the "Select a mission" box, but I couldn't find any threads pertaining to the bug. So I just submitted a new report.

But yes, I agree, the Bug Report search engine is a little...buggy.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ChiefBrex wrote: »
    No fret: You're not the only one. Yesterday I came a cross a text bug in one of the exploration missions in the B'Tran cluster. I was able to find the mission listed in the "Select a mission" box, but I couldn't find any threads pertaining to the bug. So I just submitted a new report.

But yes, I agree, the Bug Report search engine is a little...buggy.

Glad I'm not alone in this... doesn't it seem like this should be the Prime Directive of bugs that need to be worked out? For now I feel like I'm just wasting my time and the Devs by submitting cloned reports.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Don't. The more reports they get about a bug, the more they'll see it as an issue, and it will get dealt with. If anything, I would encourage you to report stuff if you can't find it. At least you'll know you reported an issue, and helped to make STO that much better.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ChiefBrex wrote: »
    Don't. The more reports they get about a bug, the more they'll see it as an issue, and it will get dealt with. If anything, I would encourage you to report stuff if you can't find it. At least you'll know you reported an issue, and helped to make STO that much better.

I appreciate your encouragement; but doesn't this just mean that instead of wasting the Dev's time, I'm just wasting mine? They still need to fix this... badly. It's a lot more time for me to write out all the details coherently than it is for me to just click "I have this issue!" Bug dugg, back to gameplay.

Since more reports = more attention, I hereby make a plea to everyone reading this, submit a bug report about the bug reporter search today!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've been having this issue since way back in open beta. It is pretty disheartening after you've filed your fifth or so bug report and you can't seem to match it to anything in the system. Especially when you come here to the forums and find that 90% of the people here seem to be having the same issue that you are.

What especially sucks is that I can't escape the feeling that someone else may have filed the exact same bug as me before, but may have had a lot more info to go along with it or perhaps a much more eloquant way of descibing it. The system seems to be set up for me to say "ok, THIS is my issue right here. What this guy said", but I've never reported a bug where I could do that. I imagine it takes alot more time for the devs to sort through all these bug reports with different headers and descriptions just to find out it's the same issue that everyone else is having than it would for them to simply look at a report that says "X number of people have reported Y bug today. Maybe we should go have a look at it".

Thankfully, although it is a nuissance, this hasn't deterred me from filing new bug reports. It would be very encouraging for me however if I knew my reports were actually helping and not hurting the process.

Hopefully we can jeep this thread alive. I would really like this issue to be resolved, or at the very least, looked at.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I have the same issue even when logically we should be able to just type in the known bugs ticket number, the search still turns up nothing. It has been that way since beta, it just doesn't save me any time what so ever if I cant search for the issues, and therefore the only option is to report it again regardless.

so you people that keep saying don't report the same bug again, your logic fails because you in fact are wasting their time more than we are. they cant fix it, if they don't know about it!