What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO LIFETIME PERKS, ty for the email

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Just voicing my opinion here:

'Skipping' queues for certain people is wrong. I congratulate everyone who bought a lifetime subscription with the new 'perks' they received, except for the queue one.
    It's not a very big issue, because I havn't seen queues happening lately, but the principle disgusts me.
    edited March 2010
    tevekind wrote: »

'Skipping' queues for certain people is wrong. I congratulate everyone who bought a lifetime subscription with the new 'perks' they received, except for the queue one.
    It's not a very big issue, because I havn't seen queues happening lately, but the principle disgusts me.

I dont think very many of us 'lifers' liked the idea of it anyway, but its probably moot. Unless there is some surge in playerbase growth it was probably offered but not ever going to be 'implemented' after all how would you be able to tell if you were ahead of some one in line anyway? =)

I do agree I dont like the idea either.
    edited March 2010
    tevekind wrote: »

I agree, bad choice on their part if Queues start to come back....the rest is fine. Shoot, even give them a new ship option or some in game rewards, but not priority to play.
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Cryptic! Very kind of you. :)
    edited March 2010
    Paneth wrote:
    Awsome..I never got that email though so prehaps its just a perk for 'new' lifers? I got mine when it was offred for 240.00

Same here, nor did I get the survey. Hmmm..... :(
    edited March 2010
    as for server ques, it states that anytime the server is qued, does that cover pvp ques in game? something to think about
    edited March 2010
    OMG LAWL

I run my own bizz my good people, and I know how things in the real world works.... I am certain you all do as well, ( at least I would like to think so )

One.....Yes, I know there are more than one person working on the dev team.

Two....These new perks are not complicated to put in...However, there are alot of things that are not as well

Three... The responces to me, all the nice things you fling at me...still, you fail to really say anything at all. I have been here sence closed beta, been talking about issues that were also very easy to fix...yet with all these talented folks on the dev team, none of them were addressed by launch ( ok a few, but hardly the majority)

I still fail to see why you feel the need to shove the fact that it is sooo easy to implement these things ingame and it would take no time at all? 5 min....5 hours....5 weeks, it dont matter, perks are the last thing this game needs....IT NEEDS CONTENT. Any time that is taken from that, like the time it took them to e mail you, or to implement things that the server will only give to certain accounts.....takes more than a day or week to actually implemnt.

No sweat to me really, but as much as you want to defend it, and love on it, I have the same right not to.

For the record, if the dev team are so sharp and on the ball, why the hell are these forums riddled with complaints and folks getting refunds as well as the press this game gets from about 7 out of 10 reveiws?

Oh I know, they are all wrong.....sooo many people saying the same thing...All wrong and should get swept away like trash....At least thats the way these forums would treat them.

Really...go ahead cut up my words and fire back...hell I expect nothing less
    edited March 2010
    Haha this thread is funny

L2Business Cryptic
    edited March 2010
    Aimed at the two above posts:

"Give them an inch, they'll take a mile".

If anyone can place that quote, go for it.
    edited March 2010
    sibbwolf wrote:

Lol....You cant give them an inch...they are too busy trying to give us the mile:D

Edit: Had to do it:cool:
    edited March 2010
    sibbwolf wrote:

What do you mean by "place that quote" I understand its meaning if thats what you... mean
    edited March 2010
    rob593 wrote: »
    What do you mean by "place that quote" I understand its meaning if thats what you... mean

I meant where's it from. I can remember the quote, just not where it's from.

And I'm glad to see you both took that with the intended humour :)
    edited March 2010
    sibbwolf wrote:

And I'm glad to see you both took that with the intended humour :)

I can imagine its from a hundred things... its a popular Idiom.
    Also I take everything on these forums in humour, I happen to find this forum almost as comical as the game :p

Besides in this case its more like "Give them an Inch, and they'll package it as a mile, sell lifetime subscriptions to walk it and make millions"
    edited March 2010
    sibbwolf wrote:

am i the only one who uses google?
    GIVE HIM AN INCH, AND HE WILL TAKE A MILE - "Some people are never pleased with what they are given - they demand more and more. The proverb is first found in English in John Heywood's 1546 book of proverbs. First attested in the United States in 'Letters of John Randolph' (1680)." From "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" by Gregory Y. Titelman (Random House, New York, 1996).

that was the best answer i could find.
    edited March 2010
    rob593 wrote: »
    Besides in this case its more like "Give them an Inch, and they'll package it as a mile, sell lifetime subscriptions to walk it and make millions"

Ok, you obviously didn't catch my meaning. It was Cryptic giving you an inch, you trying to take even more. :p
    am i the only one who uses google?

No...
    that was the best answer i could find.

That'll do :)
    edited March 2010
    sibbwolf wrote:
    Ok, you obviously didn't catch my meaning. It was Cryptic giving you an inch, you trying to take even more. :p

Ah I get ya, I cant even remember what this thread is about now, so I'll be leaving :p
    edited March 2010
    sibbwolf wrote:

strange, i dont recall asking for more. (this time lol)
    edited March 2010
    Oh come on! Who wouldn't want an Orion slave girl? :p
    edited March 2010
    sibbwolf wrote:
    Oh come on! Who wouldn't want an Orion slave girl? :p

yeah... i was really mad when i purchased an orion BO on the exchange becuase i saw the seductive ability... and then it was a DUDE.
    edited March 2010
    seraphim53 wrote: »
    Lifer as well

Haven't gotten an e-mail though

Unlucky I guess

Lifer here too and didn't get the email. I hope it didn't hit my spam folder, I emptied it yesterday without looking what was trapped in it (I've checked enough to know 99.99999% of the time there is no point checking).
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I saw the announcement thread and then the email when I got home. I actually like the ahead of the queue part, and hope they jkeep this part if the gfame ever adopts a free to play model that I discussed once or the queues become busy with a large influx of players.

Thank You Cryptic for the perks. I wish you continued success.:D
    edited March 2010
    Mikus wrote:
    Same here, nor did I get the survey. Hmmm..... :(

I also did not get the email and I am a lifer.
    edited March 2010
    More than likely because you haven't subscribed to Cryptic's newletter and e-mailings.
    edited March 2010
    Been out of town, so forgive the necro-

Hey Devs, anychance for a cookie for us double-lifers (CO+STO)? An "ISS" ship designation and/or a MU varriant on the Lifetime Title (preferably "and") would suit me just fine.

Scratch that, I'll just take the "ISS" :D