test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To all new and thinking on buying game ,Game is not ready boring at end rank. Also

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Mr. GM's I will take 2 points for calling the developers morons from last post. Thank you Mr. Gm's in Advance. As you can tell I am so bored and really dont care about acct. All games that come out are not even ready for alpha, they rob the consumer.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Forum accounts aren't liked ban wise to your game account.
    edited March 2010
    Blame the internet, since the net became openly available to the masses - developers used this tool to patch games allowing them to release them faster and without extensively testing them, before this all games had signicicant amount of in-house and paid game testers and quality control so the consumer buys a peice of software that is more or less complete.

Even in the early days of MMos, the initial launch of the game was more or less complete. Somewhere along, developers and publishers decided it was 'okay' to launch software that was clearly not ready. Look at the recent past of games that should have never been released because of huge issues and bugs. I'd personally love to see some form in quality and customer protection against such issues, after all - you don't buy a car to find out the engine isn't ready yet?
    edited March 2010
    Moonphase wrote: »
    Blame the internet, since the net became openly available to the masses - developers used this tool to patch games allowing them to release them faster and without extensively testing them, before this all games had signicicant amount of in-house and paid game testers and quality control so the consumer buys a peice of software that is more or less complete.

Even in the early days of MMos, the initial launch of the game was more or less complete. Somewhere along, developers and publishers decided it was 'okay' to launch software that was clearly not ready. Look at the recent past of games that should have never been released because of huge issues and bugs. I'd personally love to see some form in quality and customer protection against such issues, after all - you don't buy a car to find out the engine isn't ready yet?

Respectfully, the car and software can not be compared. As strange as it may sound, releasing a skeleton mmo and fleshing it out as you go makes business sense.
    edited March 2010
    2Dragon wrote: »
    Respectfully, the car and software can not be compared. As strange as it may sound, releasing a skeleton mmo and fleshing it out as you go makes business sense.

Bussinees sense ? Not keeping your population up is bad bussiness. I can see a great drop in pop. already. Did they really think running b'tran till your eyes pop out of your head would be fun for a consumer?

even after they add more 5 man mission what do you do after them and get bored of pvp? Games need a few elements you can add if you want Graphics,PvP, Pve, harvesting, crafting . I beleive this game only has 1/2 a element ground pvp
    edited March 2010
    RunningMad wrote:
    Bussinees sense ? Not keeping your population up is bad bussiness. I can see a great drop in pop. already

I've been playing still, and I still see people flying around, doing missions, chatting in zone (non spammers even, what do you know).

If your talking about forum pop, guess what, not everyone who plays gets on the forums :rolleyes:
    edited March 2010
    I've been playing still, and I still see people flying around, doing missions, chatting in zone (non spammers even, what do you know).

If your talking about forum pop, guess what, not everyone who plays gets on the forums :rolleyes:

you are right, quite a large number havbe no interest in forums at all.
    edited March 2010

?

Are you suggesting the population hasn't gone down?

I play still, I see people flying around, doing mission, and chatting in zone too.

But not nearly as many as just a few weeks ago.
    edited March 2010

Only if you can retain subscribers though. If you don't have enough to keep peoples interest, most of them won't stick around to find out if it gets better.
    edited March 2010
    Raath wrote: »
    ?

Are you suggesting the population hasn't gone down?

I play still, I see people flying around, doing mission, and chatting in zone too.

But not nearly as many as just a few weeks ago.

200 in hold space pvp to 35 to 40 , dont tell me there was not a large pop. drop
    edited March 2010
    RunningMad wrote:
    200 in hold space pvp to 35 to 40 , dont tell me there was not a large pop. drop

Cause people aren't doing PvP because of the queue problems and imbalances? Try looking at zone numbers :rolleyes:
    edited March 2010

Then why hasn't most other MMO companies done it?

The whole 'release a skeleton mmo' is just a spin on what Cryptic won't say:

"Sorry, we just didn't have enough time."
    edited March 2010

Have you not seen all the other MMOs that were dismal at launch, that got good? Even EVE and WoW were pretty bad at launch. What about DDO, they went P2P. Vanguard only recently I hear got worth playing too. WAR? AION?
    edited March 2010
    Your entire argument is flawed at its conception. Yes there has been a let down in population. Everyone who plays this game KNEW there would be a drop after about 3 to 4 weeks. But assuming its due to epic game fail is another issue all together.

Yes I will agree the game needs work. Especial crafting and end game content. But most people who call epic failure really are assuming far to much. Not one MMO has ever come out with enough end game content to keep people at the end game happy. WoW was not like that, Aoin, War Hammer Online, FF, you name it they all were boring if your rushed to the end.

Plus your demographics are skewed and wrong. In a recent interview with the STOked pod cast Craig said that of everyone playing the game something like 1 percent (10 percent at most) is at admiral much less 45. In the top thirty people who have put the most hours in the game I think it was 3 that are admiral some are not even past Commander or Lt. Commander.

Yes STO is generally far to easy lol hence a lot of the back lash on the difficulty of 'Infected' but believe it or not by saying the game is boring at the end you put your self in a big minority of the people who are actively playing the game AND there for a much bigger minority of people doing things like Queuing for PvP. Remember you PvP with your level at RA your above most people playing the game and definitely a lot of the klingons. Also PvP is noticeably imbalanced right now but you should see PvP number jump again when we get Fed verses Fed in the upcoming patch as well as yet another end game mission and more exploration and about 5 pages of patch notes.

I apologies if this came across to harsh but the truth is that the perspective of the game from the top down is skewed and you really did not do near enough research of the interviews and tribble server and things like that and there is no way around that. Though like I said there are a lot of things that need working on but it is happening. If anyone got to RA before the first Task force was out then they should expect to be bored for a few months its just how its going to be. Also that being said plenty of people are captain or RA and having plenty of fun still.
    edited March 2010

Cryptic has said exactly that in a few interviews Raath. On more than one occasion its been made clear the launch date and time table was determined by CBS not Cryptic.

Research my friend...
    edited March 2010
    Have you not seen all the other MMOs that were dismal at launch, that got good? Even EVE and WoW were pretty bad at launch. What about DDO, they went P2P. Vanguard only recently I hear got worth playing too. WAR? AION?

Sure they had dismal launches...

...but they still had twice the content of STO.

Except for DDO, which also launched without much content. And as you pointed out, it had to go F2P in order to survive.
    edited March 2010
    Valdeck wrote: »
    Your entire argument is flawed at its conception. Yes there has been a let down in population. Everyone who plays this game KNEW there would be a drop after about 3 to 4 weeks. But assuming its due to epic game fail is another issue all together.

Yes I will agree the game needs work. Especial crafting and end game content. But most people who call epic failure really are assuming far to much. Not one MMO has ever come out with enough end game content to keep people at the end game happy. WoW was not like that, Aoin, War Hammer Online, FF, you name it they all were boring if your rushed to the end.

Plus your demographics are skewed and wrong. In a recent interview with the STOked pod cast Craig said that of everyone playing the game something like 1 percent (10 percent at most) is at admiral much less 45. In the top thirty people who have put the most hours in the game I think it was 3 that are admiral some are not even past Commander or Lt. Commander.

Yes STO is generally far to easy lol hence a lot of the back lash on the difficulty of 'Infected' but believe it or not by saying the game is boring at the end you put your self in a big minority of the people who are actively playing the game AND there for a much bigger minority of people doing things like Queuing for PvP. Also PvP is noticeably imbalanced right now but you should see PvP number jump again when we get Fed verses Fed in the upcoming patch as well as yet another end game mission and more exploration and about 5 pages of patch notes.

I apologies if this came across to harsh but the truth is that the perspective of the game from the top down is skewed and you really did not do near enough research of the interviews and tribble server and things like that and there is no way around that. Though like I said there are a lot of things that need working on but it is happening. If anyone got to RA before the first Task force was out then they should expect to be bored for a few months its just how its going to be. Also that being said plenty of people are captain or RA and having plenty of fun still.

yep i have played quite a bit and yet to make captain, it's refrshing to not feel "rushed" in this game..while i am smelling the roses i see more and more content lined up :) oh and i dont hink your post came across harsh it was quite nicely put i thought
    edited March 2010
    Cryptic has said exactly that in a few interviews Raath. On more than one occasion its been made clear the launch date and time table was determined by CBS not Cryptic.

Research my friend...

Please provide links.

I keep up (to the best of my ability) with the various interviews, chats and such. And I've yet to see Cryptic admit they ran out of time.

Also, please provide proof that the time table was determined by CBS. I've seen many players say this, but not one has provided any backup of it.
    edited March 2010
    Sure they had dismal launches...

...but they still had twice the content of STO.

Except for DDO, which also launched without much content. And as you pointed out, it had to go F2P in order to survive.

They did not have twice the content it just took twice as long to level. The amount of dialogue and time spent and all that was just as large as the others. It was just easier to level in STO than most other MMO's so people did it fast :) then again if they had kept combat hard it would have taken a lot longer lol.
    edited March 2010
    Please provide links.

I keep up (to the best of my ability) with the various interviews, chats and such. And i've yet to see Cryptic admit they ran out of time.

Also, please provide proof that the time table was determined by CBS. I've seen many players say this, but not one has provided any backup of it.

No offense but you wont get it. I have read every interview since CB and heard almost every voice interview I honestly have no clue when or where I heard those statements but I do know they were said/written on a few occasions. If you look they are out there :) I just honestly dont have the time nor interest in digging it all up for you.

edit:

Chances are it was said in a voice interview not in a written up interview or Q and A so your gonna have to listen to them all :)
    edited March 2010
    I think this felling only comes from "Hard core" gamers I only just hit Capitan and I do pay quite a bit...so you who are at lvl cap and "Complaining" deal, most of the PoP is still in the mid lvl's (this has even been stated by Cryptic) so quit or wait...I don't care, just stop complaining you don't have to keep paying if your not happy with the game Geez!
    edited March 2010
    No offense but you wont get it. I have read every interview since CB and heard almost every voice interview I honestly have no clue when or where I heard those statements but I do know they were said/written on a few occasions. If you look they are out there :) I just honestly dont have the time nor interest in digging it all up for you.

edit:

Chances are it was said in a voice interview not in a written up interview or Q and A so your gonna have to listen to them all :)

I'm pretty sure never said it, and I'll tell you why.

They want their competitors to think they can release good games within a small time frame. Atari even bragged about it.

Admitting that they ran out of time would directly contradict what they are trying to achieve.
    edited March 2010
    Flame bait. If you're smart you won't get involved in this.

:cool:
    edited March 2010
    vzagoth wrote: »
    I think this felling only comes from "Hard core" gamers I only just hit Capitan and I do pay quite a bit...so you who are at lvl cap and "Complaining" deal, most of the PoP is still in the mid lvl's (this has even been stated by Cryptic) so quit or wait...I don't care, just stop complaining you don't have to keep paying if your not happy with the game Geez!

If you are addressing me, then I would like to point out that I'm still a Lieutenant Commander. ;)
    edited March 2010

They want their competitors to think they can release good games within a small time frame. Atari even bragged about it.

Admitting that they ran out of time would directly contradict what they are trying to achieve.

They didnt run out of time :) they were given a time table to work by which was not very negotiable. Thats the difference. It might seem like a difference of semantics but its not. Atari and Cryptic can tough a success all they want because it was done in the time given to them but it was not their time table to begin with :)

well off to play ST :)
    edited March 2010
    I just like how "pop drop" rhymes.

>.>
    edited March 2010
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Flame bait. If you're smart you won't get involved in this.

:cool:

Run for the hills!!!!!
    edited March 2010

Really? Did you not read the stuff coming out of the GDC?
    edited March 2010

I am sorry you haven't done your research on the subject and I doubt people are going to do it for you. However, this subject has been brought up many time and it has been gone over with a fine tooth comb by many. You can get on google and search or you can look it up however you want but get used to it, this is the new business models for MMOs
    edited March 2010
    I am sorry you haven't done your research on the subject and I doubt people are going to do it for you. However, this subject has been brought up many time and it has been gone over with a fine tooth comb by many. You can get on google and search or you can look it up however you want but get used to it, this is the new business models for MMOs

Take a look at my join date.

I've paid very close attention to this game, since long before Cryptic ever got hold of it. I've paid more attention, have done more research, and have followed dev chats more-so then any other game I've played.

And I've have yet to see any Cryptic admit they didn't have enough time, or that CBS set the time table.

And of all the times this has been brought up, and of all the times that I've asked for proof, noone can provide a single link. Not one.

I may be wrong. And if I am I'll be the first to admit it. But somone has to prove me wrong first. So I wait for somone to provide a link to back up these claims. Until then, anytime I see someone make these claims then I will ask for proof.
    edited March 2010
    Take a look at my join date.

I've paid very close attention to this game, since long before Cryptic ever got hold of it. I've paid more attention, have done more research, and have followed dev chats more-so then any other game I've played.

And I've have yet to see any Cryptic admit they didn't have enough time, or that CBS set the time table.

And of all the times this has been brought up, and of all the times that I've asked for proof, noone can provide a single link. Not one.

I may be wrong. And if I am I'll be the first to admit it. But somone has to prove me wrong first. So I wait for somone to provide a link to back up these claims. Until then, anytime I see someone make these claims then I will ask for proof.

Look at Game Informer magazine issue 185. There is also a power point presentation put out by I believe it is Netdevil for the GDC (If I remember correctly that has this information on the new model)