test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cuz i cant finish infected....

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
well i had many attemps in doin the infected and no success yet lol , i believe it was not team work problem, but of course the first time i did it it was really team work problem...

but as i keep on doin the infected i noticed i get used to knocking the borg down, and team cooperation with anyone has improved since my 1st time doin it...

so, i kinda realized the longer i waste my time in the mission i enjoy it despite of the bugs and i got trapped many times in the shield generator, i was putting all my frustrations in killing the borg is like killing an cryptic staff member that developed the mission thats not doin anything to change it geeze the infected is like punishment..lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yeah get used it to. they've said already many times that they don't even see that there is a problem that 90% of their players can't even complete the mission and are having no fun at all. i'm afraid if this doesn't change and no other end-game content is added i'll have nothing to pay my sub for when my free time runs out.

Only reason i'm still here is because I love Star Trek and i'm hoping things will change because I really do like this game but when there's nothing for me to do aside from farm B'Tran cluster missions all day then..
    edited March 2010
    Some people like the hardest of the hardcore, and some (like me) like more laid back stuff. Every mission can't be everything, and the STFs are explicitly supposed to be on the harder core side (closer to a "raid"). My recommendation would be to jump on Tribble and look at the other new stuffs on there. Don't forget to submit feedback too!
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:
    Some people like the hardest of the hardcore, and some (like me) like more laid back stuff. Every mission can't be everything, and the STFs are explicitly supposed to be on the harder core side (closer to a "raid"). My recommendation would be to jump on Tribble and look at the other new stuffs on there. Don't forget to submit feedback too!

is there some kind of end-game content that is being added which is on Tribble that I am not aware of? are PvP players getting a way to obtain Valour tokens in some way?

Cause if STF's don't get a bit more relaxed, ever, then there's really nothing else for me and others like me that don't enjoy Infected to do once we reach max level and gear our ships in Mk X stuff, which takes a few days at best.

Thanks for the response on this though.
    edited March 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »
    is there some kind of end-game content that is being added which is on Tribble that I am not aware of? are PvP players getting a way to obtain Valour tokens in some way?

Cause if STF's don't get a bit more relaxed, ever, then there's really nothing else for me and others like me that don't enjoy Infected to do once we reach max level and gear our ships in Mk X stuff, which takes a few days at best.

Thanks for the response on this though.

Scotty has opened 2 threads about what players want changed in PvP. Both the balance, and the queue issues. Gozer has commented that The Cure had only 1 ground portion, and no boss in that portion, so if the ground part was your problem, The Cure might be better.
    edited March 2010
    Scotty has opened 2 threads about what players want changed in PvP. Both the balance, and the queue issues. Gozer has commented that The Cure had only 1 ground portion, and no boss in that portion, so if the ground part was your problem, The Cure might be better.

really? yeah. my only problem with infected is the final room on the ground portion. The Cure might just keep me playing yet!

What really sucked about Infected was how originally the tactical cube in the first space part gave 2 Valour tokens, so even if I didn't like the ground boss I could just join it and play and kill the tactical cube and then get my 2 tokens. it would take a lot longer to save up for stuff but i'd still get them. but then they moved them all to the mission completion, and to this day I still have yet to kill the final boss.
    edited March 2010
    really? yeah. my only problem with infected is the final room on the ground portion. The Cure might just keep me playing yet!

What really sucked about Infected was how originally the tactical cube in the first space part gave 2 Valour tokens, so even if I didn't like the ground boss I could just join it and play and kill the tactical cube and then get my 2 tokens. it would take a lot longer to save up for stuff but i'd still get them. but then they moved them all to the mission completion, and to this day I still have yet to kill the final boss.

Gozer talked about how he fixed the space battle, so it will give badges next patch (I keep talking about his posts, but I would suggest finding them on Dev Tracker and double checking I am correct)
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:

very true. it might be nice in future as you make more of them to do different ones at different lengths and difficulty, just to add some variety to the endgame

more fleet actions would be cool, as they are fairly long but not too difficult giving people who find them difficult a choice
    edited March 2010
    on the plus side anything that actually drops in there is attainable through badges.

i've completed but it was basically me and the same group of people going through it and figuring out what we needed to complete it. We basically rolled with 3 engineers, 1 tac, one science. All the engineers had the same kit so we could make heavy use of cover shields and force field dome, and the science guy dropping shields when they adapted. The tac officer chucking grenades at the nodes helped too., as well as fire on my mark on the target we're killing.

There was some TRIBBLE that seemed weird to me with regards to respawn timers, like where exactly did they come from, especially since before going down to the station we cut of their ability to bring in new ships/ground troops by blowing up that gate.

I know people have done it with solid tac groups and whatever, but my main suggestion would be to stock up on large hypos, and large shield charges for everyone before going in. Focus fire, your expose weapons if their single target affect will give you less multiple npc aggroe, and the borg arent smart enough to go around cover shields.

The good thing with engineers with force field dome is it will push at least 2/3 of the borgs by the nodes in the last room into the plasma saving you the haste of fighting them. Cover shield will also keep whatever the queen is in check from moving at the end so you can line of sight her while waiting on weapon cooldowns.

I've also never tested it where everyone in the group is using different weapon types from each other, with regards to their exploit attacks. May be worth looking into.

My personal opinion is it would still be fun, and still be challenging if the respawn were toned downed a bit, and the boss was maybe a little harder. Other then her hitting like a truck there wasn't really any strat involved with beating her, although im sure theres some wiggle room involving various debuffs like fuse armor to slow her down and so on. Plus we did it when you didnt have to upload data.

Long story short, i haven't really had the desire to go back since i've beaten it. Other then to maybe farm the space portion, for ship equipment. It just becomes a huge headache should people have the respawn before the first boss with the spawn rates and it becomes a time suck.
    edited March 2010
    Yeah no problems in that mission lol, ive yet to complete it once again we had a good group but little glitches just kept keeping us from it, little lag and someone ends up in plasma, but we managed to revive people even when there in there and get them out, too bad so much time is spent doing that the gens recharge.

oh but wait after a while those didnt even work either, some became unaligned and outside the shield while some of our group gets trapped in the shield .....
    I mean could this be any more infuriating!.

I mean atleast let us respawn in the room!.
    Im getting so tired of spending hours doing this and never even getting the gen down.
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:

Dont wanna sound like an TRIBBLE, but thats noncence when the only thing for players to do is that one mission or pvp at end game, you cant verey well say "too hard do something else" it needs to be accessable to all players, we all pay our fee to play this game, we all deserve to have content to play.

Hard is fun, glitchy and poor design choices are not.

More borg too shoot = harder.
    Putting timers. magic doors, and insta death mistakes + bugs and leave it all subject to lag = Infuriating.
    edited March 2010
    Just wondering if Cryptic play in a 0/50 ping environment, then try make us jump insta-death casyms with 300+ ping and think it's still possible to do?
    edited March 2010
    Learn the mission, read what info there is on it, play it with people who know whats up and u will learn it isnt that bad its just a huge learning curve compared to everything else in the game. I will say the last room is a pain but i went from hating no timer to hating a timer to think the timer just fine.. I will say the queen a is ^&^ but if a group has good heals and stuns its easy.

This mission is great for the game i cant emphasize that enough, it is a massive learning curve and mission like this should have been spread out through the game to get players adjusted to it but now thats its implemented and people get use to it only better missions can come.
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:

sir, how can we players fully enjoy the game? is it possible for you guys that you have made an mistake, that you have failed to foresee... please reevaluate the infected... the game is already hardcore the mission u guys put up is way over... how can we head to the next story and further enjoy the game if only too few people can finish it... keep in mind if this problem will not be solved in the coming patches that require infected to be coompleted before moving oon, and people playing STO got tired, ****ed or whatever in doin that mission, or got bored theres a possibility of losing customers like me and others more thats full of unsaid emotions, comments about this...
    edited March 2010
    I've attempted this three times and completed it twice. While it's difficult, It's not impossible.
    edited March 2010
    Flato wrote: »
    Learn the mission, read what info there is on it, play it with people who know whats up and u will learn it isnt that bad its just a huge learning curve compared to everything else in the game. I will say the last room is a pain but i went from hating no timer to hating a timer to think the timer just fine.. I will say the queen a is ^&^ but if a group has good heals and stuns its easy.

This mission is great for the game i cant emphasize that enough, it is a massive learning curve and mission like this should have been spread out through the game to get players adjusted to it but now thats its implemented and people get use to it only better missions can come.

yur just lucky, i had done the mssion many times the bugs arent fixed, i always get caught in the shield generator when its bugged... please dont be bais, we all know players in that sector are not satsified, this game is for the majority of people not for the selected lucky ones please be fair...
    edited March 2010
    joseph001 wrote:
    yur just lucky, i had done the mssion many times the bugs arent fixed, i always get caught in the shield generator when its bugged... please dont be bais, we all know players in that sector are not satsified, this game is for the majority of people not for the selected lucky ones please be fair...

while this guys english skills leave much to be desired, he is absolutely correct and I sincerely hope cryptic doesn't just keep arrogantly dismissing these concerns as Zinc did in the latest state of the game.

To find that you even have to finish infected to do the next mission is even worse, because I have yet to complete it and I am so fed up with it that I can't even be bothered to log-in and attempt it any more..
    edited March 2010
    joseph001 wrote:

It's not luck, yes there are bugs...but if someone gets stuck in the gen...you have 5 people have another come over and lower the force field. Then start it over again no need to wipe...just make that your first corner. You can over come those bugs. I've done it with completely new people. If you want give me a tell in game. My fleet runs it at 7pm EST every night.
    edited March 2010
    joseph001 wrote:
    Sir, how can us players fully enjoy the game? Is it possible for you guys that you have made a mistake? That you have failed to foresee these things? Please reevaluate "The Infected". The game is already hardcore and the mission you guys put up is way over the top. How can we head to the next story and further enjoy the game if only a few people can finish it? Keep in mind that if this problem is not going to be solved in the coming patches that require infected to be completed before moving on and people playing STO get tired, ****ed, or whatever, in doing that mission, or got bored, there is a possibility of losing customers like me and others. Or that are full of unsaid emotions. Comments about this?

There, I fixed that for you. Please excuse any misinterpretations. A lot of if was very hard to translate.
    edited March 2010
    It's a player coordination and skill check more than anything else. The best group I had for the final room had 3 tacs and another engineer.

We all started at a corner of the room. Once the virus was uploaded, 2 of us went to the next corner and cleared it, and then hopped to the 3rd corner and started clearing that while the other 3 stayed and uploaded.

We all met up at the final corner, destroyed the main generator, and fought Ms. Lightning Spammer at that corner. It's doable in a pug but only if everyone fights in more of a pvp style, where each man continually supports the other.
    edited March 2010
    I guess I'm on the middle ground here in that I don't think it's too hard at all, but just never managed to get a group that could complete it due to various issues while running it. I'm at the point where I'm tired of trying to find a group for it. I feel like I spend more time trying to revive people out of the plasma than doing anything else in there.

While I don't think it's too difficult, I do think it needs adjusting a bit. The entire ground portion requires way too much of a zerg tactic and if we are getting a death penalty, well...people are going to get even madder about these than they are now.

As far as The Cure....I ran it solo on Tribble and I don't get the statement about people liking it better because it seems like it's almost identical with a pathetically easy space portion (I solo'd it) and the same exact zergasborg groups of borg on the ground roaming around. Also, if they've made it where people have to complete Infected to do Cure, well then almost nobody will be able to play it for it to matter.
    edited March 2010
    Vrayel wrote:
    There, I fixed that for you. Please excuse any misinterpretations. A lot of if was very hard to translate.

lol tnx aha, i just woke up and was still stressed when i did that...
    edited March 2010
    I agree when it comes to the ending on infected. its just a waist of time. of the like 10 times i
    been down there jumping like a idiot from mario games , only 1 time did i and my team go thru with it and kill the queen. did i get loot , no. because it was on need ore greed so 2 players down there who chose need got it all.

I guess its kinda sad when the only way you can kill the queen is by glitching behind the shield generator in the wall to be able to finnish the mission. atleast thats what they had to do the two players on my team who completed the mission fore us when the rest of us was dead. bravo
    edited March 2010

To find that you even have to finish infected to do the next mission is even worse, because I have yet to complete it and I am so fed up with it that I can't even be bothered to log-in and attempt it any more..

if this is tru that will be the most epic fail ever in a game. and trust me, alot of people will leave STO if they cant
    play the next raid because they havent donr the previou raid. if that the case i'm gone to if i only get to do my dailys, witch really stinks with all the bugs, aid the planet etc in b tran cluster.

Me like so many others want to play raids and well ! Wonder what the raids will be like in the new star wars mmo...
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:

So while you are catering to a small minority of the more hardcore raiders, what can the rest and vast majority of your playerbase do in your game once they reach RA5? Are we supposed to just do the generally very poor "exploration" missions and the occasional pvp scenario? And when those no longer entertain us, what do we do then?
    :rolleyes:
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:

Question for you coderanger.

Does the harder core side folks constitute a majority of the STO population? I'm sure Cryptic can datamine and do the metrics to find this out.

I'm going to hedge a guess and say they don't however. And if they don't, then that means Cryptic is developing content exclusively for a minority of their playerbase. Good? Bad? Not for me to decide although I do have my own opinions on it.

Jumping on Tribble is irrelevant. The content in question isn't what's on Tribble. The content in question is what's live ingame now. Without sounding like a complete TRIBBLE, please try to stay focused on the issue at hand and not provide distractions please.

Not sure if you folks in Cryptic ever caught on to this..but raids are not always hardcore. Going to pop a couple of words out there and see how many chuckles I get from people who call it snoozeville.

Molten Core.

Anyone else suddenly feel lethargic and like a nap might be in order? Yeah, me too.

Some raids can be fiendishly hard, sure, but others can have that raid atmosphere and not be ridiculous to finish. You have by intent, set the bar so high on the initial raid along with indicating that it is "easy" in comparison to future raids that it explicitly gives the impression that further raids will be nigh impossible unless you are a member of a fleet, have Vent, and etc.

I'm a advocate of voicechat, don't get me wrong. Best thing since peanut butter, and it has for all intents and purposes, found itself married to MMOs for good apparently.

However it along with having to have a fleet and a certain set of circumstances in order to even have a hope of accomplishing the first, initial beginner raid is just poor logic on your staff's part. Tell them so, please. There needs to be a curve of expectation here, not a ninety degree right angle. Beginner raids, intermediate raids, expert raids..you get the idea. Hell Zul'Gurub was a beginner raid, and it was challenging without being ridiculously so, and quite a lot of fun. So was killing Nagafen or Vox, for that matter too.

Point being to all of this...Cryptic is making it very clear by your and other employees input here on forums that the raid they created is for a minority of their playerbase and accomplishing it colloquially requires a miracle in terms of the right balance of voicechat, social conventions, et al.

I think alot of the frustration with this raid is that it's the first one and it requires so much to just get it to succeed that people feel if this is where it starts, it's just not worth it. Obviously not everyone feels that way, but purely from my own perspective, that's what it's starting to appear like given player feedback on forums. And when people feel like it's not worth it, obviously they will question why content isn't being made for a majority, and why if they are paying for the minority to experience new content, why they should continue to subscribe.

Of course, that's all based on the premise that the casual and raid-casual types constitute a majority in your MMO. If however, the majority of your playerbase are hardcore raiders, then by all means, please ignore this.
    edited March 2010
    wrote:
    Question for you coderanger.

Does the harder core side folks constitute a majority of the STO population? I'm sure Cryptic can datamine and do the metrics to find this out.

I'm going to hedge a guess and say they don't however. And if they don't, then that means Cryptic is developing content exclusively for a minority of their playerbase. Good? Bad? Not for me to decide although I do have my own opinions on it.

Jumping on Tribble is irrelevant. The content in question isn't what's on Tribble. The content in question is what's live ingame now. Without sounding like a complete TRIBBLE, please try to stay focused on the issue at hand and not provide distractions please.

Not sure if you folks in Cryptic ever caught on to this..but raids are not always hardcore. Going to pop a couple of words out there and see how many chuckles I get from people who call it snoozeville.

Molten Core.

Anyone else suddenly feel lethargic and like a nap might be in order? Yeah, me too.

Some raids can be fiendishly hard, sure, but others can have that raid atmosphere and not be ridiculous to finish. You have by intent, set the bar so high on the initial raid along with indicating that it is "easy" in comparison to future raids that it explicitly gives the impression that further raids will be nigh impossible unless you are a member of a fleet, have Vent, and etc.

I'm a advocate of voicechat, don't get me wrong. Best thing since peanut butter, and it has for all intents and purposes, found itself married to MMOs for good apparently.

However it along with having to have a fleet and a certain set of circumstances in order to even have a hope of accomplishing the first, initial beginner raid is just poor logic on your staff's part. Tell them so, please. There needs to be a curve of expectation here, not a ninety degree right angle. Beginner raids, intermediate raids, expert raids..you get the idea. Hell Zul'Gurub was a beginner raid, and it was challenging without being ridiculously so, and quite a lot of fun. So was killing Nagafen or Vox, for that matter too.

Point being to all of this...Cryptic is making it very clear by your and other employees input here on forums that the raid they created is for a minority of their playerbase and accomplishing it colloquially requires a miracle in terms of the right balance of voicechat, social conventions, et al.

I think alot of the frustration with this raid is that it's the first one and it requires so much to just get it to succeed that people feel if this is where it starts, it's just not worth it. Obviously not everyone feels that way, but purely from my own perspective, that's what it's starting to appear like given player feedback on forums. And when people feel like it's not worth it, obviously they will question why content isn't being made for a majority, and why if they are paying for the minority to experience new content, why they should continue to subscribe.

Of course, that's all based on the premise that the casual and raid-casual types constitute a majority in your MMO. If however, the majority of your playerbase are hardcore raiders, then by all means, please ignore this.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
    edited March 2010
    bah! anyone can modify a wiki so what coderanger just posted has to be wrong.
    edited March 2010
    People can say what they want about "catering to the hardcore," but I'm not buying it. 45+ levels of nothing but the most casual of content, and now we have one - 1, singular, uno - mission that requires tactics, skills, and teamwork, and even then is still somewhat difficult.

45 levels compared to one mission. I'm not seeing any "catering to the hardcore."
    edited March 2010
    Infected is quite manageable even for those players that are not considered Hardcore. Forgetting the bugs such as: getting stuck in the shield generator, not being able to activate a console, and getting stuck in crouch.

You just need a few pieces of the equation to complete it. ( as i have done countless times, so many i have lost count) Not to mention i have taken several groups through that have no experience at all, and completed it.

First. Have someone that knows what he/she is doing. This is regards to the correct pulls, where to stand, when to use what abilities and that all important queen fight. Without that, chances are it will be a painful learning process.

Second. And contingent on the first step. Make sure everyone listens explicitly to that person in charge. I mean...to the T. This is where most groups go wrong, everyone wants to do his/her own thing, thinking he/she knows what is right.....chances are he/she doesn't. Simple fact there. I can't tell you how many groups i have tried infected with stating " we know this and have done this several times" only to find out that their way of dealing with the instance is more like carpet bombing rather than the necessary precision and strategy required.

Third. Patience!! This is regard to the last two. If you and your team have the patience to follow the first two rules. Your team will not only finish "Infected" in record time, but you will have a lot of fun!! I cant count how many times i have taken a group through and see in the chat box " wow....infected CAN be fun" or "this is great!, we were obviously doing it all wrong".

Lastly. If you were the benefactor of all three rules/requirements above. Pay attention and learn so that you can lead the group next time. Too many people just go into "autopilot" they may follow all those rules, but never actually learn why they are doing what they are. Be the follower first, then prepare to lead.

Follow those rules and i am certain you will beat it. Hopefully that helps, i know i didn't reveal any of the secrets for the actual mission. But this should get you on the right track. And remember, Ask questions when they come up! If you are wondering why you are standing 40 meters from the group you are about to fight, ASK!

Good luck!
    edited March 2010
    I tried it didnt seem to bad yeah we died but that was due to the borg numbers and the healing and shield power cooldowns are to long maybe they should look in to this or at least give an aoe shield refresh this would help.

I didnt have any problem juming about at all nor did we have a problem with activating the shields.

I did get caught outside the main shield in the last section when everyone else went in not sure why it went back up and no one on the team seemed to want to come open the shield :eek:

I think once people actually get used to doing this mission its not gonna be an issue i just wish the drops were better are guns are so cheap and i like expensive loot :D
This discussion has been closed.