test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

== 44th Fleet ==

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Latinumbar wrote:
    Hmmm. "Steel wool" describes it about right.

And, I was pretty sure I wouldn't be in trouble with the forum mods for saying pooh :D

you cant say POOH?! well pooh on the poo-poo heads who came up with that pooh of an idea! o yeah...
    POOH! :eek:
    edited March 2010
    Morning Fleet.
    edited March 2010
    Hello.

Quick question .You guys still recruiting , or is recruitment closed?
    edited March 2010
    We currently have a wait list, but feel free to apply.
    edited March 2010
    Morning Fleet
    edited March 2010
    Mornin' all
    edited March 2010
    Phew, what a long and painful Monday. Will be needing some STO therapy tonight.
    edited March 2010
    Morning Fleet.
    edited March 2010
    ...Yawn...

Mornin' all.
    edited March 2010
    Morning All.
    edited March 2010
    Mornin' fleet. What's new?
    edited March 2010
    Greetings to the 44th
    edited March 2010
    Greetings, Canadian Federation. How goes it?
    edited March 2010
    Moring Fleet.

Hello Canadian Federation. How is everything?
    edited March 2010
    Things are well, thank you. :D
    edited March 2010
    Mornin' all. TGIF!
    edited March 2010
    I seem to be having issues with my STO character .....

First off, is anyone else not recieving skill points?? The only points I'm recieving are BO skill points, even after completing a mission the points I am suppost to get are being rewarded as BO points.

But to go back to the begining ..... When I was promoted to Captian something glitched and the Captain promotion mission never completed even though all the required steps were checked off. I submitted a ticket on it and continued playing as normal. I got promoted to Rear Admiral and that promotion mission completed but the Captain one was still showing up.

I've been away for about 1 week cause I needed to study for a test, when I logged in last night to take a break the Captain promotion mission said complete but the Admiral one came back again even though I'm an R Admiral 5 already. So I went thru the steps to complete it again ( even got another 5th tier ship outta it ) and everything seems to be fine after that.

But now, for some reason I'm not getting any skill point, just BO points as described above. I've done a few explore mission, some PVP, and some Defend the TRIBBLE Sector missions. I haven't recieve any skill points for any of it other then BO points.

So now I don't know what to do. I want to play but don't want to pick up any new missions since I'm not getting the points for them. So right now I'm just kinda floating around wreaking havoc on lower level missions :D I think I was freaking out some new players (-43 lvls) cause I was following them around during the defend the xx sectors ... and when they engaged the enemy I would just sit there and let them battle it out. The only thing I would do was use my healing buffs on them to fix thier shields and hull. Had I actually engaged the enemy @ my lvl (I did a few times alone) I shred them like paper so I just let the lower lvl players have the fun so they can lvl up while healing them so they can stay in the battle longer.

But back on topic here, has anyone else heard of or have this issue with the skill points?? I don't know that if I continue to play and gain the amount of point it takes to go from Rear Admiral 1 to 5 if the situation will just correct itself or if I'm doomed never to lvl again with this character unless Cryptic fixes it .... if they can.

I submitted to ticket, of course, but I guess time will tell. For now I guess I'll just float around doing explore, defend, and PVP missions.

So if any lower lvl members need some help and see me logged in just send me a message and I'll come to the rescue ;) Not going to be doing anything important for a while until things get straightened out.
    edited March 2010
    As far as I know, once you hit Admiral 5 you do not receive anymore skill points, only BOFF points. I heard a couple of people have had the same problem with the Captain promotion mission.
    edited March 2010
    If that's the truth that's kinda bogus. I mean I get why they would based on some info here;

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=136703&highlight=max+level

So you don't lvl past future content of the game. But I guess that also means I did enough explore missions to put myself ahead of the game sorta speak. I haven't even entered into Borg space yet and I already hit the cap. I'm wondering if I should just hold off going there till the cap is lifted so I get the points from those missions.

But on the bright side if this it true at least I know my character isn't hosed up ..... except for the costume validation error I get when I try to put the Admiral rank insignia on my uniform ... which I have a seperate ticket open on. This started when the whole Captain promotion mission bugged out on me.
    edited March 2010
    Morning Fleet.

I'm almost at cap. Did the Borg missions last night. Got instanced in with a guy who left half way through one of them. Dirty pool! I tell ya! Dirty Pool! I have the same bug for the Admiral Insignia. They said once you get past AD2 that there are 2 options for the Insignia1 works and other is still bugged.
    edited March 2010
    Good day 44th fleet I hope all is well!

Friendly Bump from Federaton Fleet
    edited March 2010
    Morning Fleet.

Thank you for the bump. All is well. How are things with the Federation Fleet?
    edited March 2010
    greatzippy wrote: »
    But now, for some reason I'm not getting any skill point, just BO points as described above. I've done a few explore mission, some PVP, and some Defend the TRIBBLE Sector missions. I haven't recieve any skill points for any of it other then BO points.

But back on topic here, has anyone else heard of or have this issue with the skill points?? I don't know that if I continue to play and gain the amount of point it takes to go from Rear Admiral 1 to 5 if the situation will just correct itself or if I'm doomed never to lvl again with this character unless Cryptic fixes it .... if they can.

Yes, your skill points are capped when you hit RA5. You can still earn BO points, though. What you should do now is do the "daily" explore mission in the B'Tren cluster (borg space). You earn "marks of exploration". These are different from the Badges of exploration (1st- 5th order). The Marks allow you to buy the purple mark X items (very rare). You earn 5 marks each time, and you are allowed to do it once a day, hence the name "Daily". Bought a mark X personal shield last night with 800% regen plus return damage and knockback when hit.
    edited March 2010
    Latinumbar wrote:
    Bought a mark X personal shield last night with 800% regen plus return damage and knockback when hit.

Pardon me while I whip the drool from my Keyboard

looks like I'll have to warp on over to borg space when i get home. Where do you buy the new stuff?? I'm guessing it's in borg space somewere cause i haven't seen it anywhere else.
    edited March 2010
    greatzippy wrote: »
    Pardon me while I whip the drool from my Keyboard

looks like I'll have to warp on over to borg space when i get home. Where do you buy the new stuff?? I'm guessing it's in borg space somewere cause i haven't seen it anywhere else.

Yeah, it's in borg space. Go to the transwarp gate in Risa sector. It will give you the option either to warp to borg space, or "join battle group". If you join the battle group, it's sort of like going to starbase except you don't have to dock with anything. Moving close to some of the ships will allow you to access your bank, send mail, and buy things.
    edited March 2010
    grimman wrote: »
    Morning Fleet.

Thank you for the bump. All is well. How are things with the Federation Fleet?

Very well. Thank you Grimman, many of our members are reaching the cap now and are enjoying doing the Daily missions and the STFs. I personally am only at RA2 and have yet to purchase any purple Mark X items yet.

I would also like to say Latinumber, that sounds like an excellent purchase! 800% Regen! The borg won't be able to stop you! :cool:
    edited March 2010
    Casta_Rasa wrote: »
    Very well. Thank you Grimman, many of our members are reaching the cap now and are enjoying doing the Daily missions and the STFs. I personally am only at RA2 and have yet to purchase any purple Mark X items yet.

I would also like to say Latinumber, that sounds like an excellent purchase! 800% Regen! The borg won't be able to stop you! :cool:

Yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with the purchase. One more grade for you, and you'll have access to borg space too.:)
    edited March 2010
    Morning Fleet.

Is that 800%? Did I read that correctly? If so, nice. Very nice. I put some Antiproton beams on my ship. Going for the personal equip next.
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, and not expensive either. Only cost 5 marks. Go figure.
    edited March 2010
    Might have to pick one of those up tonight.:D