test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daily PVP Quest Bugged Again?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since the most recent content fixes I have been unable to get a new PVP daily from any mission givers nor the KDF for Marks of Honor. I am a BG5 and have done them before. It has been roughly 38 hours since my last completion. Is this a known issue and when can we expect it to be addressed?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Forwarding this to a content designer for investigation
    edited February 2010
    Thank you and please update us with any findings when you can.
    edited February 2010
    I have been having this same problem on the fed side and posted about it a few times as well. It seems to come back at random times, after the first time i finished the daily pvp mission it took 5 days before I was able to get it again. The next time it came back in 2 days and I am currently waiting for it to repop now again its been about 35 hours.
    edited February 2010
    Hey Kusig,

Looking at your character data I think what's happening is the daily mission for the day is Raze Enemy Headquarters (Daily). That's a scenario based mission and you haven't done scenario intro mission yet. If you can talk to Lt Commander Kultan he should tell you about scenarios. Once you do that you should be good to go.

We're looking at relaxing that requirement to make it a little easier to get into, but the above work around should work in the mean time.

As a note you look like you have the other two daily missions already, so if those stay undone you won't be able to pick them up again when they are the new daily. (It cycles between these three)

-Continuum
    edited February 2010
    Just so I know what are the other 2 dailies called that I apparently have already? I just want to make sure that they don't cause issues in the future. I will update this thread once I finish the Scenario Intro.

EDIT: Finished the Scenario Intro and was able to get the new daily. The Intro is very *cryptic* in that I didn't realize that it was Capture and Hold that I was supposed to do so I had dropped it a while ago.

Since those are done does that mean that I will be able to acquire the other dailies as they become the new daily assuming I finish this one today? Or is there something else that I need to do before I am back to normal.
    edited February 2010
    Nope you should be good to go. (I agree that requirement is a little weird, we'll find a way to relax it in a future build).

Just to clarify the way it works, there are three PvP daily missions:

Raze Enemy Headquarters (Daily)
    Dominate the Heroes of the Enemy
    Claiming Enemy Reserves (Daily)

Each day the contact will offer one of these missions at random. You can only take each individual mission if it has been a day since the last time you took it. If you already have the random mission for that day the contact won't have anything new to offer you.

-Continuum
    edited February 2010
    i am a Rear admiral 5 and i can't get the daily PVP missiongs for the war zones OR hostile engagements, it's been 2 days since i did the hostile engagements PVP daily and i did the war zone early yesterday, well over 24 hours ago, but NOBODY in my comms will give me the mission and i only have 4 missions that i have taken.

ANY GM or dev have an answer for this.
    edited February 2010
    Well I fixed my daily PvP problem by going and doing the Borg hunt once and a Salvage Operation queued map once.
    edited February 2010
    How exactly is the PvE daily quest acquired on the klingon side?
    edited February 2010
    I'm fairly certain we don't have a PVE daily however if we do I would also value that information.
    edited February 2010
    Well the daily PvE for Feds is an exploration mission in the B'Tran cluster off the Borg sector, so I double Klingons have one yet.

Unless ya wanna count the iPvP Borg Hunt as a PvE, even though it's technically a PvP with PvE objectives and still doesn't give any rewards at the end of the round, nor a scoreboard.
    edited February 2010
    the Borg PVP daily is broken I can't seem to get it today..
    edited February 2010
    well i can get the borg daily but again today, i cannot get the federation dailies for war zones or hostile engagements, last time i did the hostile engagements daily was wednesday, last time i did the war zones daily was thursday, i have not been able to get either since then.
    edited February 2010
    Tunapiano wrote: »
    well i can get the borg daily but again today, i cannot get the federation dailies for war zones or hostile engagements, last time i did the hostile engagements daily was wednesday, last time i did the war zones daily was thursday, i have not been able to get either since then.

these dailies are so buggy..
    for the past week i've been doing 2 PVP dailies a day, today I can only get 1 =(
    edited February 2010
    I also can not get the borg daily since the patch.
    edited February 2010
    It's outrageous enough that this purple gear is cost prohibitive, but to cut our "income" in half by not allowing Federation players acces to merits of Honor is insanity. Who the h*ll is writing these rules?
    edited February 2010
    I agree, the Daily PvP for Tier 5 is annoying, because the population on the Federation PvP Population is at least 10x that of the Klingon players and the queues are filled in the hundreds. And you literally have to wait hours.

Far from being fair of the Casual player community that doesn't have the luxary to wait that length of time.
    edited March 2010
    On Sunday, after waiting 3 days, I was allowed back into the daily Borg mission. I thought perhaps they fixed the bug. Yesterday however, no go. Not allowed back in; again, it's supposed to be daily. Today, Tuesday I can get back in... wonder if anyone who developed this game knows daily means every day?
    edited March 2010
    So Makza still won't let me in for my daily mission. Last time was Tuesday. Also, why do I have to look everything up myself? Back in the old days something changed or was new you'd be notified- now they expect you to look it up yourself. Really starting to think it was a huge mistake to get involved in this mmorpg. Been on hold now trying to contact Cryptic for over an hour. Wish I hadn't spent 300$ on a lifetime subscription. Feel like a jackass & an contemplating legal action.
    edited March 2010
    Hey guys,
    I've been looking at your specific character data to figure out what is locking people out from these dailies. It looks like it's the same issue that people were having on the Klingon side earlier.

For PvP one of three dailies is offered each day.
    In order to take that mission you have to:
    *Be level 43 or higher
    *Have done that style of PvP before (arena, ipvp or scenario)
    *Not accepted that particular mission within the last 20 hours (we built in a grace period to the daily timer)

What's happening is people have hit a bad string of random offers that they didn't qualify for, making it seem erratic.

I've already removed the previous mission requirement for our next big patch, but seeing how many people it's tripping up I'll get it fast tracked to head out asap.

In the mean time the work around is for you to take and complete the intro mission to the other types of PvP

Borthan I think if you complete Keeping the Klingons at Bay specifically it'll get you up and running today.

Intrepidox you already have two of the three PvP dailies active. Today's is Pacify Klingon Heroes (Daily) so since you already have it there is no new mission for you to get. You can absolutely complete more than one daily in a day but only one PvP daily mission is offered per day. The limit is on how often you can accept them (once per day) not on how often you can turn them in.

I hope that clears up some of the confusion. In addition to the changes to the restrictions themselves we are working on getting better UI for the dailies in place to make things more clear in general.

-Continuum
    edited March 2010
    I just wanted to say I am having similiar problems

The last time I was able to do a daily from Makza was about three or four days ago, now he won't give me the daily mission at all.

Secondly, the PVP mission seems to be bugged for me. "Pacify Klingon Heroes" won't budge beyond 0/3 and I did two Space PVP missions so far, one we lost the other we won. So I am not sure whats going on. I had no problem clearing this daily before today.

Thanks!
    edited March 2010
    there is an arena pvp and there is capture and hold. Calhood will assign one or the other and you have to either complete 3 cature and hold or 3 arena. I think this is your problem

Wolvinator wrote: »
    I just wanted to say I am having similiar problems

The last time I was able to do a daily from Makza was about three or four days ago, now he won't give me the daily mission at all.

Secondly, the PVP mission seems to be bugged for me. "Pacify Klingon Heroes" won't budge beyond 0/3 and I did two Space PVP missions so far, one we lost the other we won. So I am not sure whats going on. I had no problem clearing this daily before today.

Thanks!
    edited March 2010
    there is an arena pvp and there is capture and hold. Calhood will assign one or the other and you have to either complete 3 cature and hold or 3 arena. I think this is your problem

Yeah it seems like it rotates between Capture and Hold PVP's and Arenas. Now you just gotta play the guessing game.
    edited March 2010
    Hey everyone,
    Just popping in to give you another update. The previous mission restriction has been removed and that change should be on Holodeck now. So even if you've never done one of the PvP types you should be able to get the daily when it's up.

I'm taking a look now at more feedback and we're considering consolidating the offers into a single contact instead of having it spread out across multiples.

(Wolvinator there is another bug fix that's live now that I think should take care of your progress issue you were having. If you still run into it file a bug and send me a PM so I can take look!)

-Continuum
    edited March 2010
    I still continue to have problems w/ Makza & the daily mission. It is far, far, far from daily. As for fixing it by waiting on a pvp que from McKenzie Calhoun - you sit in one of those 120 -0 ques waiting on a klingon. It's hopeless... I've given up & basicaly gone to the other side; my Klingon is now a Capt. 5. Sitting around waiting on RA5 level pvp ques is a giant waste of time.