test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New user again. Where can i find detailed information on skills.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
before i start out my journey i would like to figure out what skills i would like to get and how they work together.

thank you in advance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    stowiki.org and sto-intel.org are your best bets.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You also might want to browse this thread... http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=118581
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    before i start out my journey i would like to figure out what skills i would like to get and how they work together.

thank you in advance.

Hahahahahahahahahah!!!!! You expected this from Cryptic?????

Silly man!!!!

He's a silly man.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Zepath wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahahahah!!!!! You expected this from Cryptic?????

Silly man!!!!

He's a silly man.

I love it. Someone asks for help, and you bash the developers. It shows a lot of character.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I love it. Someone asks for help, and you bash the developers. It shows a lot of character.

If the skill system wasn't so... Cryptic... Nobody would have to ask these questions.

btw. What the heck does +spatial anomoly do?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ValcyrVexx wrote: »
    If the skill system wasn't so... Cryptic... Nobody would have to ask these questions.

right click on the object then select info and it will tell you what abilities it helps.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have to say that what i am seeing does have some pretty poor documentation. Do the skill trees follow a straight progression by that i mean do they stack with each other and help each other as you level?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    erm, nobody knows. It's all just guesswork right now.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have to say that what i am seeing does have some pretty poor documentation. Do the skill trees follow a straight progression by that i mean do they stack with each other and help each other as you level?

documentation is horrible in this game agreed. some skills will stack other wont the synergistic nature of the skills is ambiguous at best. respecs and a PTS will help alot in sorting it all out, unless the devs want to just tell us...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    erm, nobody knows. It's all just guesswork right now.

How can nobody know? how am i supposed to plan my character if nobody knows?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    How can nobody know? how am i supposed to plan my character if nobody knows?

Don't shoot the messenger. The skill tree is not a tree, it's a random set of upgradeable attributes that if they have any bearing on each other or belong to a particular skill set then we don't know because we've never been told.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Don't shoot the messenger. The skill tree is not a tree, it's a random set of upgradeable attributes that if they have any bearing on each other or belong to a particular skill set then we don't know because we've never been told.

What? Thats just stupid. I get it gag on the new guys right?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Seriously, its that messed up. Its also interesting to note that when you spend skillpoints in photon torps that the next rank allows you to use different torps so the points you put into photon are worthless now if you choose to use the new torps.

Maybe Jedidethfreak can clear this up for all of us...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No, they aren't kidding. The links mentioned at the beginning of the topic are your best bets.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ValcyrVexx wrote: »

Ooo! Ooo! I know the answer to this one!

It benefits the gravity well thingy. How so? I have no clue.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If that is true and i will spend some time checking i will not be subscribing after my 5 days are up. How can a game not have that type of documentation especially since it is level based and the whole idea is to build your character.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Great questions. There is a lot of speculation out there, but no math or clarity at the moment. sto-intel is a good source, but still many questions remain as to what helps subsequent levels, what stacks with what and so on.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dhaise wrote: »
    No, they aren't kidding. The links mentioned at the beginning of the topic are your best bets.

I read them and while they help a lot is still to vague.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    smells a little like troll in here........

or was it a fanboy ?.... or hater? ...

0_o

....whatever....

• Options
    edited March 2010
    If that is true and i will spend some time checking i will not be subscribing after my 5 days are up. How can a game not have that type of documentation especially since it is level based and the whole idea is to build your character.

I'll say this -- the skill tree is certainly under some review in light of the planned respecs.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    smells a little like troll in here........

or was it a fanboy ?.... or hater? ...

0_o

....whatever....

So I get attacked on my first day asking a legitimate question? I cry foul on you sir I cry foul.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So I get attacked on my first day asking a legitimate question? I cry foul on you sir I cry foul.

Don't mind him, he's a one-tune knee-jerk reactionary.

Waiting for reaction... :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What? Thats just stupid. I get it gag on the new guys right?

No sir. If I had a definitive answer for you on how the skills actually work in relation to each other, as opposed to guesswork, I'd be happy to help you. But I seriously doubt anyone from the playerbase knows.