Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    framinal wrote: »
    do exploration missions and get badges

spend the badges on very nice green loot as you lvl up

you can save ALL your energy till youre RA and constantly upgrade your gear

so all you ppl crying that stuff is overpriced (which it is) on the exchange
    can do without it all together

The weapons you get for badges are limited but your right that you can fit out your ship quite well in other regards with them.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey stfu that's supposed to be a secret. Just kidding. Actually it would be nice if there was a little more documentation on the different ways/currencies to get items.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    speaking of different currencies, how do you find out how many badges you have? the only way i've found if going to K7/Sol to try and buy something then finding out i need this many "X" more badges till i can get something
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AReed wrote:
    speaking of different currencies, how do you find out how many badges you have? the only way i've found if going to K7/Sol to try and buy something then finding out i need this many "X" more badges till i can get something

open your character page,

click on your dudes portrait,

click on status,

click on progress.

That lists all your badges, merits, and all the other types of currancy or rewards you get.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    open your character page,

click on your dudes portrait,

click on status,

click on progress.

That lists all your badges, merits, and all the other types of currancy or rewards you get.

fantastic i shall try this tonight, i thought it was weird that they wouldn't add something like this.. but then they have missed quite a lot of stuff..
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the info. I too was going to the NPC's to find out how much I had.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It is kind of a funny path because as you start through the first ranks, you get the impression that you need carbon credits..oops... I mean.... 'energy credits'... But as you get up there the ec's become pretty much useless as you find better stuff doing PvP or Explorations or even Memory Alpha..

So when you start to have quite a slew of credits, enough to make some use of them, you also realize that you don't need them, and they are kinda pointless so far as progression or having the best stuff... I can't remember the thing I wanted that I needed EC's to get... Maybe a toy ship or two ... that's about it, and even that is just for kicks...

The exchange is really kind of a pointless endeavor aside from a few items, most of which can be replaced with other things to the same effect....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    About the only thing i use EC's for is the buy items for my lower level characters because im too lazy to farm them for another ship.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    save the credits for when you are a RA? what do you use them for at RA?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Buying blues you didn't get from wherever else. Buying all rare Saurian BOs. Buying all the T5 ships. etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Buying extra ships is the main use. Unless you fritter them away on the exchange.

Also, quicker to outfit BOs with ground stuff in one shot at a new rank using EC.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i just spent 90% of my EC on even mk gear from the exchange and didn't even fill up all my slots.

i guess i could grind pvp or exploration for badge gear, but i don't like exploration missions and i just finished grinding 2 levels of pvp(which i bought a shield upgrade with).

also you can't get quantum torpedo launchers of any grade from vendors.

edit: the gear i bought from teh exchange were not even all even mark. i had to go with mk7 quantum torpedoes because mk8s were way too expensive and would've cost me all my EC for just one of them.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    save the credits for when you are a RA? what do you use them for at RA?

for all of the end game content
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    "save the credits for when you are a RA? what do you use them for at RA?"

TRIBBLES!
  • Options
    edited March 2010

i guess i could grind pvp or exploration for badge gear, but i don't like exploration missions and i just finished grinding 2 levels of pvp(which i bought a shield upgrade with).

Your gonna hate the endgame daily that gives purple gear for fed at the moment then cos its exploration:D.