test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RE: Atari Sale

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
Hi everyone,

We understand that some of you are upset about the current sale on Atari.com. There are a number of threads on the forums about this, which is making it very difficult to find information about anything else on these forums. Due to this, we are closing all other threads regarding this matter. We do value your feedback on this, matter however, and would appreciate it if you would post your feedback regarding this matter here, in this thread. All other threads regarding this will be closed.

Thanks,
Phoxe

Addendum:
I've heard many voicing concerns that we will not be honoring this sale for anyone who took advantage of it this weekend. This is not the case at all, and anyone who decided to take advantage of the offer will receive what they purchased, as advertised.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You still need a new Avatar....

Have Indigo hook you up...his space dragon = the best
    edited March 2010
    I don't really have a problem with it, but I'm a lifetime subscriber :)
    edited March 2010
    So I got class, but why won't Cryptic just pull STO off the shelves and give everyone free time like WoW did in its first month? Sounds reasonable to me, and people yelled about it then, but it got better and people forgot.

For the record, NOT life time, NOT angry.
    edited March 2010
    People are upset. Make things right.
    edited March 2010
    i missed all the huff and puff, was gone this weekend...whats the problem now?
    edited March 2010

There is a sticky up top...that will pretty much fill you in.
    edited March 2010
    I dont have a problem with it.
    edited March 2010
    There is a sticky post about the exact same issue...am I correct to guess that that will be locked as well? If so, kudos for chutzpah
    edited March 2010

Massive QQing. On an epic scale the likes of which the internet has never seen before.
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    Hi everyone,

We understand that some of you are upset about the current sale on Atari.com. There are a number of threads on the forums about this, which is making it very difficult to find information about anything else on these forums. Due to this, we are closing all other threads regarding this matter. We do value your feedback on this, matter however, and would appreciate it if you would post your feedback regarding this matter here, in this thread. All other threads regarding this will be closed.

Thanks,
    Phoxe

Phoxe, we already have a stickied thread on this. It would, in my opinion, be best if you let the other one stay. It is a very large thread, and if you want feedback on the matter, that would be the best place to get it.
    edited March 2010
    So can I have 60 free days?
    edited March 2010
    mavgeek wrote: »
    Massive QQing. On an epic scale the likes of which the internet has never seen before.

I am so glad you call it QQing when people have legitimate issue and gripes.
    edited March 2010
    Glad you got rid of the old thread - too much flaming, trolling and general offensive comments in there. Hope we get an official answer soon.
    edited March 2010
    I'm Just Hoping they Heard us load and Clear. We can take only so much and think this threw alot of people over the Cliff.
    edited March 2010
    mavgeek wrote: »

Oh come on, nothing can beat good old NGE...

Also, nice move by the mods, now they can pretend that the 307 pages of stuff never happened. Aaah, such fond memories of the skillcap thread I have.
    edited March 2010
    LOL.

OK so they decided to let the old single thread die and now we get to have a brand new thread.

And guess what? I called in to get a LTS refund and the guy tells me the 'higher ups' and decided to stop the LTS refunds today, despite the fact that they were going out Friday with no issue.

Wow Cryptic. Wow Atari. I mean I understand you're trying to keep as much money as possible but wow. You really are one of the most unethical companies I have ever run across.
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe, we already have a stickied thread on this. It would, in my opinion, be best if you let the other one stay. It is a very large thread, and if you want feedback on the matter, that would be the best place to get it.

nope he just shut it up, i guess it was getting to big, and the outside world was starting to see it.
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Thanks,
    Phoxe

Some of us? You mean like 75% of the people who post here is upset about it.

WoW had rough times early on too and gave people free time and even double XP. Which encouraged people to stay with the game. I think you need to do the same fast.
    edited March 2010
    LOL.

OK so they decided to let the old single thread die and now we get to have a brand new thread.

And guess what? I called in to get a LTS refund and the guy tells me the 'higher ups' and decided to stop the LTS refunds today, despite the fact that they were going out Friday with no issue.

Wow Cryptic. Wow Atari. I mean I understand you're trying to keep as much money as possible but wow. You really are one of the most unethical companies I have ever run across.

Looks like I got in just in time then!
    edited March 2010
    This is like having to start all over again. A lot of us have been at this all weekend hoping for a resolution or explanation but now we get shunted to another thread.
    edited March 2010
    Let me be among the first to post my grievance in the new, improved thread:

I feel cheated. It's as though I found out Sulu was a hologram all along.
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    This is like having to start all over again. A lot of us have been at this all weekend hoping for a resolution or explanation but now we get shunted to another thread.

At least there still is a thread...
    edited March 2010
    People are upset. Make things right.

agree, would make things alot smoother
    edited March 2010
    nope he just shut it up, i guess it was getting to big, and the outside world was starting to see it.

I take that as a sign that they have no intention of commenting directly anytime soon.

I think closing that thread was a bad move.
    edited March 2010
    I definitely feel cheated. They've done everything but ban everyone and close down all the threads. And now they'll have me in perpetuity reminding them of that fact.
    edited March 2010
    Your PR/Marketing department is making it very difficult to sympathize with a game already falling back onto IP goodwill. Fix this.
    edited March 2010
    At least there still is a thread...

I won't disagree with that however it still feels like a maneuver hoping we will go away.
    edited March 2010
    Give me 60 more free days and I'll stay. A $10 refund on the purchase price of the boxed game would be nice too. But I'd be satisfied with the 60 free days. My 30 days is up Wednesday and I don't plan to subscribe based on this latest slap in the face to current subscribers. Unless I get 60 more free days. This is by far the worst marketing gaff I've every seen in an MMO.
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Thanks,
    Phoxe

Hi Phoxe,

I point you to this thread all the info you need is in there

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=128573
    edited March 2010
    I take that as a sign that they have no intention of commenting directly anytime soon.

I think closing that thread was a bad move.

one of a few bad moves this weekend wouldn't you say. personally I'm done. I going to go play some halo, or something like that, and just watch Rome burn.
This discussion has been closed.