test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not that you'll care

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Ten Forward
I'm waiting for UPS to deliver my new IMAC so I can play this game. They deliver to my building normally in like 20 minutes been waiting all day and it's driving me batty. Course after they deliver it It needs to be setup I have to let the girlfriend play with it. Then I have to install windows under bootcamp then install the game batch windows and the game. I think I will go beat my head into a wall a few times. On second thought this game reminds me of way way back in like 91 or so playing on a Prodigy Bulliten board for star trek. To think I've been waiting since then for something like this. Suppose another two hours won't kill me then comes the designing a ship and a char and arrrrgh I lied it will kill me I hate waiting.

Josh
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it always bites waiting for the UPS truck hehehe. Do something you normally get consumed by, something you tell yourself will only take a few minutes and ends up taking hours. Time will go by faster that way :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you should bang your head some more for not buying a real PC... :)
    as for the game:
    you start out with a name and the name of your ship. the first mission serves as teh tutorial for all others that follow, and when you're through with it, your ensign will have graduated and be a lieutenant. starfleet will give you a miranda-class ship.

you can customize it at starbase 001 (aka earth).

here is a ship chart made by suricata:

http://suricatasblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/stoshiptierchart2.png

once you reach lieutenant level 6, you can make a klingon character. at level 11, you become a lieutenant commander and choose a tier 2 ship. you then increase in rank every 10 levels. have fun.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    totally happy to have gotten my mac. I've been in the IT field for years can't stand windows. Sad I actually have to run bootcamp to run the game actually. That's the price though :) Sadly I'm looking foward to the Miranda class I've always liked it. Not sure why. Hell I even have the Khan uniform so I can wear it hehehe ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you should bang your head some more for not buying a real PC... :)

yeah, and bang your head for buying a Mercedes instead of a BMW.... go get a real car!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    fyreraven wrote: »
    totally happy to have gotten my mac. I've been in the IT field for years can't stand windows. Sad I actually have to run bootcamp to run the game actually. That's the price though :) Sadly I'm looking foward to the Miranda class I've always liked it. Not sure why. Hell I even have the Khan uniform so I can wear it hehehe ;)

Windows ate my OSX/bootcamp. now all i can boot into is windows.