test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why Australian Evening for Down Time???

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Couldnt they have picked somewhere useless like Botswana?

For gods sake, move the down time back another 4 hours. Having it smack in the middle of Aussie evening is Stupid.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ra66it wrote: »
    Couldnt they have picked somewhere useless like Botswana?

For gods sake, move the down time back another 4 hours. Having it smack in the middle of Aussie evening is Stupid.

Here we go again.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its punishment for all the sun, sea, sand and babes you get downunder.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baltec wrote:
    Its punishment for all the sun, sea, sand and babes you get downunder.

This made me laugh
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To find a solution that is fair for the entire world, it would be more helpful to get rid of time zones.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The timing of the downtime is annoyingly regular. I agree that they should bother another time zone for a change but I can't think of anywhere that I would call useless.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Most of this outage seems to be the ISP's doing. Cryptic's was only slated for the regular 2 hours.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Every one who plays at this time, no matter the zone is being inconvenienced. So just deal with it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you don't like it, emmigrate.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Every one who plays at this time, no matter the zone is being inconvenienced. So just deal with it.

agreed it's normally just before lunch time here... just one of those things.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    it seams just about every country has one of these threads going. people do realise we live on a rotating planet dont they?.
    a good time for one person becomes a bad time for another.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm just waiting for an Australian company to make a world wide MMO just to see all the people complain about server maintenance.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    kamui wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for an Australian company to make a world wide MMO just to see all the people complain about server maintenance.

Has to do more with the target audience than where the company is based, if you ask me. I'm pretty sure EVE Online is Europe-based but their maintenance window is similar to STO's in time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The timing could be better and as someone who has had to manage events across time-zones I know how hard it is and that it is possible to do. If this was an occasional issue then it would be no hassle to spend that time enjoying the beautiful weather and the lovely beaches we have here :p But y'know, sometimes you just want to take a bit of time away from all that and log in to play a computer game preferable one that isn't usually offline during our prime-time.

Anyway, a quick look at the dev tracker shows that it's been postponed for tonight: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=2208017#post2208017 My thanks to those who've moved this for tonight at least :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    gelfie wrote:
    The timing could be better and as someone who has had to manage events across time-zones I know how hard it is and that it is possible to do. If this was an occasional issue then it would be no hassle to spend that time enjoying the beautiful weather and the lovely beaches we have here :p But y'know, sometimes you just want to take a bit of time away from all that and log in to play a computer game preferable one that isn't usually offline during our prime-time.

Anyway, a quick look at the dev tracker shows that it's been postponed for tonight: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=2208017#post2208017 My thanks to those who've moved this for tonight at least :)

Regardless, it will just be a different night, same time frame.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cryptic made a choice.

1 server for the planet(something less expensive could have been done?)

That means the closer you are from the server,the better your experience will be.

For a Star trek i would have expected more(not a little mmo)

The bad news is it's done.they can't improve that.

But it is important each chance you get to put that on the table.

Sorry for your half a second latency,and those downtime.

Hope you enjoy your game anyway.

Ps:Is it true what he said about sea sex and sun?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No doubt. :/
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh no! Not this again!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Taraq. wrote: »
    Oh no! Not this again!

To late, see the second post. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you don't like it, emmigrate.

We're all tired of these post, but being a TRIBBLE about it doesn't add anything positive... And I feel bad for the Aussies...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    deus69 wrote: »
    sorry to say it but aussie evening is the best time, no1 to **** off but aussies. your country has a low population compared to say, russia,US, UK, made up of the offspring of thieves and murderers. just the facts.

oh hell...

*puts on flame retardant.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    deus69 wrote: »
    sorry to say it but aussie evening is the best time, no1 to **** off but aussies. your country has a low population compared to say, russia,US, UK, made up of the offspring of thieves and murderers. just the facts.

By your reasoning that means America is made up of genocidal illiterate misfits. You sure you want to go down that route.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    im not from america
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    its always lunch time somewhere.

Planned Service outages are usually taken during the times of lowest use. That is pretty much universal in any MMO, ISP, or other computer based organization. At least you are getting advanced notice so you can make other plans.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    kamui wrote: »

Granado Espada which is Singapore based and their downtimes are 8 hours or so on a Wednesday night in the US which basically means can't play one night. So I just find something else to play, no big deal. STO is down for a stinking 2 hours at a time when the least number of people are playing Thursday mornings and sometimes on another day to get a patch in or what not or at least that's the plan. FFXI is or was the same way where their downtime was primetime US. Whether that's still the case I don't know as I haven't played it in years.