test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sign this thread if you are not a cryptic fanboi who is lying to themselves.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Since we have a thread for people who are cryptic fanboi's that think this game's success willl be determined by people signing a stupid thread on the forums for cryptic brown-nosers, I thought we'd make an opposite thread for people who feel this game needs immediate, and complete attention from the developers.

Let's be honest people here people because a lot of us played MMO's 5-10 YEARS ago that were of superb quality compared to this piece of garbage. What is incrediby funny to me is that thread got a dev response, let's see if they respond to this one.

Let's have everyone who will NOT be paying for a 1 month subscription like the fanboi's who think the 45 day patch will change this game into some sort of competition for well-made games sign this thread.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    A tentative /sign as I feel that other thread was just a circle jerk

My own opinion is this thread will be nuked by them others and Q will swoop but hey
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I love the game, I'm not a "fanboi" (sic). it does need more content and I hope cryptic are hard at work making it. But I don't feel the need to bash the game or developers either. I will see more content to justify a subscription or I will stop paying it till I can. Simple. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Merls wrote:
    I love the game, I'm not a "fanboi" (sic). it does need more content and I hope cryptic are hard at work making it. But I don't feel the need to bash the game or developers either. I will see more content to justify a subscription or I will stop paying it till I can. Simple. :)

Thread for you >>>>>>>

the OP isnt looking for your type in here
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Heh I'm mostly just looking for this thread to get more responses than the other to prove a point, that being that there are more people incredibly dissapointed in this game than there are happy about it, so if any fanboi's want to come add some posts to this thread by all means, join our club.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Niexist wrote: »
    Heh I'm mostly just looking for this thread to get more responses than the other to prove a point, that being that there are more people incredibly dissapointed in this game than there are happy about it, so if any fanboi's want to come add some posts to this thread by all means, join our club.

Most of the people who are happy with it are busy playing and not posting on the forums, so there really is no way to prove your point sadly. I am a bit disappointed with the game, but still having fun playing. It could have been a lot better, but if cryptic gets on the ball and keeps improving it, I will stay. Part of that though is due to the fact that I am playing with a lot of really cool people, and that helps any game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I thought we'd make an opposite thread for people who feel this game needs immediate, and complete attention from the developers.

Yeah I think they are drinking coffee all day now and no one cares about the game anymore, what kind of nonsense is that "this game needs attention from the developers"?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    so let me get this straight...

If you like the game but are critical of it and support efforts to make it better, your a fanboi/grrl? If you have anything postive to say about STO, are you a fanboi/grrl?

I like the game but I also reserve the right to ***** about the game AND when talking to people about the game I explain, in detail, the problems with the game and even cation against playing the game in on a case by case basis. Does this make me a fanboi/grrl or a hater? Is there not a place between where we can break appart this silly dichotomy?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Since we have a thread for people who are cryptic fanboi's that think this game's success willl be determined by people signing a stupid thread on the forums for cryptic brown-nosers, I thought we'd make an opposite thread for people who feel this game needs immediate, and complete attention from the developers.

Let's be honest people here people because a lot of us played MMO's 5-10 YEARS ago that were of superb quality compared to this piece of garbage. What is incrediby funny to me is that thread got a dev response, let's see if they respond to this one.

Let's have everyone who will NOT be paying for a 1 month subscription like the fanboi's who think the 45 day patch will change this game into some sort of competition for well-made games sign this thread.

Seriously, I know the game has some problems. It also serves a lot of good things to be had.

Im far from a fanboy. I post my worries, concerns, and dislikes about this game all the time.

And was this really needed? The only reason threads like the ones you hate go up is because of the overwhelming negativity and just tons of posts about how the game sucks.

So lets add another one to counter those trying to be enthusiastic about the game. There's nothing wrong with liking STO. There's nothing wrong with disliking it either.

But the thread you've posted here is basically not constructive. You've simply made a thread with the sole purpose of being negative just for the sake of it.

Thanks for nothing. :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Don't like the game?

Fair enough, please leave quietly, people are entitled to like whatever they so wish to like. If you do not share in this same opinion, again you are entiteled to do so.

The time has come, to make a simple choice. Do you like the game, is it worth you monthly sub? If no then please do what is best and just leave, if yes then cool lets see what happens. Wait on more content.

If in 3-6-12 months there really is no improvement then we can be assured there never will be.

But to pass judgement on a game after it only being live for less than 3 weeks, my god! Are you that narrow minded? are you totally unwilling to give it a chance? are you so addament that there is no way at all ever, that anything can be done to expand on this game?

Im truely dumbfounded at the arrogance of some people. I'm no fanboi as you put it, but i am a realist. I have seen the development of many games throughout the years, and the difference of these games from the first couple months to what they are now is astounding.

If you honestly don't think that STO can become anything more than it is now, then why are you wasting your time and effort?

Chalk it up to expierence, be grown up and just move on. KOR is out at the end of the year, or so they claim atm. Maybe that would be more to your liking!? Why do people insist on bashing a game that has barely left the womb?

Time, patience and dedication is what is needed, the support and loyalty of its followers are what will ultimately turn a game into a success.

If you don't want to believe that, ok that's fine, but please out of respect, leave the people that want to see this through alone.

Take care

Law
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And another thread by yet another raving lunatic who is just as off the deep end as the "fanboys".

No centrist viewpoints need apply on these boards...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The funny thing is that the majority of the posters in this thread so far are neutral to positive on the game.

Going to be good old-fashioned hilarity when someone tries to use this thread as 'proof' of something.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Other than your not the typing that is helping in anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I love how the OP somehow expects a dev to respond to this as well. He didnt even bring up anything worth a dev giving any input on.

This is exactly the kind of TRIBBLE Im sure they are absolutely sick to death of seeing. I doubt they'll even read it as there is nothing constructive here in the least. Why should they?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    The funny thing is that the majority of the posters in this thread so far are neutral to positive on the game.

Going to be good old-fashioned hilarity when someone tries to use this thread as 'proof' of something.

Proof is so subjective on the internet anyways :p

I love it when people try to 'prove a point' with anything besides good old fashioned logic, most funny of all being the attempts to cite a minority of opinions which often fail to turn up in the expected numbers anyways.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I dunno. I like it. There are things I think is wrong with it, but I still enjoy playing.

I'm just not on either side of the love/hate STO fence.

I enjoy playing and when/if that stops I just won't play anymore.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not much point to a thread like this. The fanbois will always drown out everyone else because frankly most people that give up on the game will do just that, give up, and leave. They'll not post anything. The rest of us will just get called trolls and such ad nauseam. It's always that way on every forum for a flailing game. I unfortunately bought into JE's comments about fixing the Klingons and paid for 3 months, so I'll exercise my right to speak out as long as I'm around. These little people barking at my heels for speaking my mind have no effect on me and never have.

Cryptic needs to do more to fix the game before it's way too late. It's already too late for this to ever be considered a "successful game' by the public, but they still have a couple of weeks to show they're trying to save it for those relatively few that do choose to stick around.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well i like the game and enjoy it ... i admit there are some problems but imho nothing that can't be solved ....
    Now am i lying to myself because if have fun and enjoy it, while i should be miserable in your opionion. Well if that's how it works i will keep lying to myself ... i think its fun
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hagon wrote: »
    Not much point to a thread like this. The fanbois will always drown out everyone else because frankly most people that give up on the game will do just that, give up, and leave. They'll not post anything. The rest of us will just get called trolls and such ad nauseam. It's always that way on every forum for a flailing game. I unfortunately bought into JE's comments about fixing the Klingons and paid for 3 months, so I'll exercise my right to speak out as long as I'm around. These little people barking at my heels for speaking my mind have no effect on me and never have.

Cryptic needs to do more to fix the game before it's way too late. It's already too late for this to ever be considered a "successful game' by the public, but they still have a couple of weeks to show they're trying to save it for those relatively few that do choose to stick around.

Do even read the forums much? People who quit post why they are quitting followed by cussing and yelling and freaking out. I see at least 3 of these every day.

There are FAR more negative posts than positive ones. The whole forum is usually filled with them.

Give up and leave and not post anything???? Since when!?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /Signed

I'm not lying to myself. I've read what Cryptic has said, and I understand the demands that will be placed on them from CBS. The game will consistently improve and become more and more appealing with Cryptic's efforts.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Doesn't really matter what people like or disslike?

You disslike the game move on don't spend all day here hurling insults and at any one saying anything remotely positive.

OMG people post on forum of a game they like, imagine that?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /signed

/10char
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I do like STO and I don't like STO. I would /sign your thread only under the terms that the game desperatly needs an infusion of content and additions of non instansed regions. Also ship interiors are TO BIG! I don't care if it was done for the sake of being a "game" I want interiors just like on the shows and movies!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /signed

/10char

I thought you were banned. :confused: I guess they let you back in.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So I don't get it. Because i'm enjoying myself completely, I'm a fanboy who's opinion isn't well thought out at all?

This is obviously a troll thread. Nothing constructive about it.
    This is also a troll post. I am just stirring up emotions here. Sometimes it's what you gotta do though.