test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

quantuhatm or photon

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
what does everyone prefer or maby mixed loadouts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Alrim wrote: »

Q-Torps or my fav for knocking down the enemy crew.

By the way, just as an aside, you type like you have oven mitts on, even though your question is perfectly legitimate. I know a lot of people that are asking this same question.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Quantom All the Way.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Quantum torps, no contest.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    what about recycle times?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I use a mixture of quantum and transphasic. Trans to knock out there shields, and quantums for the super devastating 3 torpedo, sensor scan inhanced volley (that's over 6000 damage per torpedo)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Depends on what you want to do. I roll with 3 fore and 3 aft torpedoes, so I have to use something with long cooldowns, and I've leaned towards quantums for that. Photon are great if you just roll 2 fore and 2 aft, but any more, and they are just waisted.

Torpedoes - 2-3 second global cooldown (I dunno exactly)
    Photons - 6 second cooldown
    Quantums/Plasma/dunno what else - 8 second cooldown

So with 3 quantum bays, I can spout out a constant supply of torpedoes whenever the global is up. If I used 3 photon, I'd have 2 bays at the ready at any given time, which is bad m'kay.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    JT26thES wrote:
    Depends on what you want to do. I roll with 3 fore and 3 aft torpedoes, so I have to use something with long cooldowns, and I've leaned towards quantums for that. Photon are great if you just roll 2 fore and 2 aft, but any more, and they are just waisted.

Torpedoes - 2-3 second global cooldown (I dunno exactly)
    Photons - 6 second cooldown
    Quantums/Plasma/dunno what else - 8 second cooldown

So with 3 quantum bays, I can spout out a constant supply of torpedoes whenever the global is up. If I used 3 photon, I'd have 2 bays at the ready at any given time, which is bad m'kay.

Global cooldown is 4 seconds. (I think) maybe it's 3
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Quantum torps, no contest.

I like how it took 4 posts before someone even spelled it correctly
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »
    I like how it took 4 posts before someone even spelled it correctly

And that matters, because....??
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Global cooldown is 4 seconds. (I think) maybe it's 3

It might be 4, because I do have time between to click another ability most of the time. I'm always too busy to look. hehe
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i use plasma the DOT effect is good and i like watching the enemy ships burn with green fire..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I need a respec to figure out for sure what I want to use. I was going to go with plasma, but I already messed that up back at commander. hehehe
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Alrim wrote: »

Always Quantum. Better burst damage, which is what torpedoes are all about, IMO.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have a question: Are photons the only torpedoes with 6s cd? Everything else being 8?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I like quantums. They sound and look cooler. Just for that :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Between those two I like Quantum. But I use Plasma.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    JT26thES wrote:
    I have a question: Are photons the only torpedoes with 6s cd? Everything else being 8?

I think so, and Transphasic are 10 sec I believe. Tricobalt have like 40 or 50 sec cooldown.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think so, and Transphasic are 10 sec I believe. Tricobalt have like 40 or 50 sec cooldown.

Tricobalts have a 1 minute cool down last I looked at them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lethargic wrote:
    Tricobalts have a 1 minute cool down last I looked at them.

Thanks for that. I've heard reports of 40, 50, and 60 second cooldown. I think the 40 was from beta.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I might switch to transphasic after they allow me to re-set my skill tree. I bought into both photon and quantums and photon doesn't work for my setup. hehe Quantums are almost too quick of a cd. sometimes I miss a torpedo and have 2 bays available which makes me cry with sad.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I prefer plasma, but the high yield skill shoots one big torpedo that moves slowly and can be shot down...this ability needs to move faster and hit for a little bit more...its too weak and I really like plasma torpedoes...but I feel as if im putting myself at a disadvantage in PvP
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Morgomir wrote: »
    I prefer plasma, but the high yield skill shoots one big torpedo that moves slowly and can be shot down...this ability needs to move faster and hit for a little bit more...its too weak and I really like plasma torpedoes...but I feel as if im putting myself at a disadvantage in PvP

Oh, thanks for reminding me: what does transphasic and tricobalt high yield do? Multi-torpedoes or one giant one?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    JT26thES wrote:
    Oh, thanks for reminding me: what does transphasic and tricobalt high yield do? Multi-torpedoes or one giant one?

Transphasic does multi. You can't use high yield on tricobalt, but it really doesn't need it. It's a one torpedo kill if it hits the hull. (from what I hear anyway). Not sure how much damage it does to the shields.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    JT26thES wrote:

no idea, ive never used either of those...dont even know what they look like. But I do believe I read somewhere that tricobalts can be shot down and that makes them a poor option compared to quantums.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I use a mixture of quantum and transphasic. Trans to knock out there shields, and quantums for the super devastating 3 torpedo, sensor scan inhanced volley (that's over 6000 damage per torpedo)

You use Transphasic, the torpedos designed to BYPASS shields to take out shields?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ArlanKels wrote: »
    You use Transphasic, the torpedos designed to BYPASS shields to take out shields?

I think they only have a chance to bypass shields. They do 700 damage to the shields. Unless I'm completely mistaken here. When I fire them it looks like they do 700 damage to the shields.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    plasma!

but between the two, I use photon. The damage difference between photon and quantum is very minor. Most people who quote you damage are looking at their dmg with 9 in quantums. Put 9 in photons and the dmg difference is not that much, Ill take a photon every 3 seconds :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Transphasic does multi. You can't use high yield on tricobalt, but it really doesn't need it. It's a one torpedo kill if it hits the hull. (from what I hear anyway). Not sure how much damage it does to the shields.

it does around 15K damage to the hull... does not insta Kill unless the hull is already low in HP... it moves far too slow and is always a prime target so always gets shot down to be worth taking up a torp slot.... you would have to be in their face to get a good shot off...

The mine does alot of damage to cloaked ships (BoP atleast) and takes them out of cloak so when they are out of stealth they are very badly damaged...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pacifica- wrote:
    it does around 15K damage to the hull... does not insta Kill unless the hull is already low in HP... it moves far too slow and is always a prime target so always gets shot down to be worth taking up a torp slot.... you would have to be in their face to get a good shot off...

The mine does alot of damage to cloaked ships (BoP atleast) and takes them out of cloak so when they are out of stealth they are very badly damaged...

Is that so? I think I'll stick to my 3 torpedo quantum volley, it does close to 21k damage to the hull.