test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Respawned inside an object, GM boots me out of pvp

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I was playing the large pvp instance yesterday (sorry I can't remember the name at the moment, but you know which one if you've played it before). When I died, I respawned INSIDE the satellite on the south side of the map. Why is there a respawn point INSIDE a satellite? Anyways... I couldn't get out, so I asked a GM for help. He said he could move me. What he did was a) took me out of the instance and b) plopped me on the far opposite of the galaxy from where I zoned in to begin with! He put me near K7 when I was just outside NGC 1218.

I said I didn't want to leave the instance since the queue is so long and didn't want to be all the way over here now, but he said apparently that's the only option they have for moving people right now.

He also suggested I mention it in the forum, so here we are. I thought that was very annoying to first be stuck inside an object and then kicked out of the instance just to be put on the other side of the galaxy from where I started.

GRRRRRR! :mad: :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    GMs are strong.
    GMs made your character go.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    icetraigh wrote: »
    I was playing the large pvp instance yesterday (sorry I can't remember the name at the moment, but you know which one if you've played it before). When I died, I respawned INSIDE the satellite on the south side of the map. Why is there a respawn point INSIDE a satellite? Anyways... I couldn't get out, so I asked a GM for help. He said he could move me. What he did was a) took me out of the instance and b) plopped me on the far opposite of the galaxy from where I zoned in to begin with! He put me near K7 when I was just outside NGC 1218.

I said I didn't want to leave the instance since the queue is so long and didn't want to be all the way over here now, but he said apparently that's the only option they have for moving people right now.

He also suggested I mention it in the forum, so here we are. I thought that was very annoying to first be stuck inside an object and then kicked out of the instance just to be put on the other side of the galaxy from where I started.

GRRRRRR! :mad: :p

It is probably the point where the first person joined the PvP que.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    GM avatars should look like John DeLancie.

In space, too.

-np
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol

Cryptic at its best.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have spawned in objects. I have had shields (the orange honey-combed one) created on me that trapped me and wouldn't let me move. I've jumped behind objects that trapped me and wouldn't let me move or jump out.

The PvP arenas are not very well designed. My most annoying problem with the PvP areas is the crappy lighting .... where the enemy can see you and shoot at you, and all you see is a black void ... the one that really special is where you can't see the crates that are blocking you until you move to another position. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010

In space, too.

-np

this. And that would be AWESOME
  • Options
    edited February 2010

In space, too.

-np

I agree!

/signed :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just curious, but how long did it take the GM to respond to you?

I got stuck in a wall last night and sat there for 50 minutes while my teammate finished the mission, and a GM never showed up. So I beamed out once the mission was complete.

(PS - the /stuck command doesn't work, and suggest using the /killme command, which doesn't kill you at all but instead opens a support ticket. Can we just let it kill us anyway?)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    One point in their favor, the GM got to me within about 3 minutes, so that was cool at least.