test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

want to catch up on dominion war

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Ten Forward
Never watched much of DS9; but a room mate here has all the eps.

If I wanted to catch the best of the war, what season/eps would that be?

Much thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I like season 4 and on because that is when Worf shows up.

The Dominion War proper doesn't start until season 6.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Can always check wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_War

The previous poster was right though.. around season six is when the war goes hot.
    DS9 had some of the best ST episodes ever made imo.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Skip all of them except the Ferengi episodes and the one where they play baseball against the Vulcans.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ahhh watch all of them! It's such a great series. I love it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There is actually a series of 9 minute videos, 70 in all, that sum it up. Yes, it seems like a lot, but it's about the time it would take to marathon 15 episodes,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4EkG-Miv00

Episode 1. Just keep watching them in order from TheGreatLink

He does pull stuff from other sources then DS9, like Star Wars music and some other series footage, but I think the general feeling is the same.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To all:

After your posts, I watched various episodes. One friend specified to start at the end of season 5, which "started it all, but no backstory" he said. Was quite right, but a very good story.

Another PM'd me with to watch "sacrifice of angels - which has the best space battle of all ST series" - I concur it was good. Would have liked more actual battle sequences, and the whole thing about sisco being in that "non corporial world" where he gets "whoever" it is to help him (I've only seen the first episode of DS9, which ad those "people" in it inside the wormhole) But the episode itself was good, as it was a "end of season 5 - middle-beginning of season 6" tie which didn't make it seem like I missed a whole lot.

Another responder told me to watch "in the pale moonlight" in which Sisko gets the romulans to join the war, however in a very very non star trek "morality always first" way. I actually thought this episode was completly supurb, and really shines against the whole "do the right thing" type of thought, especially in wartime. Actually as I watched it I thought of all the posts people were making of all the "slughter" in the game at the moment.

I had started watching shortly before I wrote my first post based on my roomates, but everyone has offered great suggestions. (though I haven't checked out the baseball one? But sometimes for Romulas I have a hard time discerning his sarcasm for honesty, but as good as it sounds I'll have to give it a look)

To the poster directly above though, Tason, that sounds exactly what I was looking for and am watching i now.

I viewed the wiki's and such, but nothing really sums it up like actual video content, and to have it categorized in a way that actually documents the "impact" points so I call it, will summarize the war quite nicely, or at least I hope.

Again much thanks to all!