test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Crystaline Entity Is A Moron Magnet!

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Don't you just love obvious alt account users trying to troll people into internet fights. Lame! You know who you are.
    edited February 2010
    Kin_Balam wrote:
    That seems to be its main power, attracting morons.

Been in there several times.

Work my butt off to get it down and then fools start in shooting the frags and healing it. We keep telling them not to hit the large frags that spawn the small healing frags. But they just keep blasting away!

Total waste of time with idiots like that playing. I'd kill for a group in there that has a freaking clue what they are doing. Sick of being penalized for fools that don't have a clue.

Would kill to kick them out of the instance or something.

Venting.....Venting....Venting...

URG!!!!

:mad:

Welcome to the wonderful world on the MMO
    edited February 2010
    Welcome to the wonderful world on the MMO

Not really. I have played others without this problem. What's more, ths is the only mission that it seems to be a problem in this game. Usually if you are in with fools. they die but do not cost you progress. In this one, the fools set you right back to square one.

It is specific to this mission IMO. Have not had any issues with the others.
    edited February 2010
    Kin_Balam wrote:
    More pointless snarking? Pitch in or stop wasting everyone's time. Seriously.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for proving my point. You have won an award...
    edited February 2010
    Liden wrote:
    Thanks for proving my point. You have won an award...

Congrats, you are my first snarky **** going on ignore.

Loser.

edited February 2010
    Kin_Balam wrote:
    Congrats, you are my first snarky **** going on ignore.

Loser.

Awwwww buh bye, have a nice life. :D
    edited February 2010
    Kin_Balam wrote:
    Not really. I have played others without this problem. What's more, ths is the only mission that it seems to be a problem in this game. Usually if you are in with fools. they die but do not cost you progress. In this one, the fools set you right back to square one.

It is specific to this mission IMO. Have not had any issues with the others.

....right....
    they need to fix the MISSION...
    ...because the people PLAYING it are morons.
    Anyone else see the humor here?
    edited February 2010
    The OP must be 8 years old from the way she/he is acting. How can anyone take it seriously?
    edited February 2010
    a1b2c3cal wrote: »
    The OP must be 8 years old from the way she/he is acting. How can anyone take it seriously?

Yet another pointless snarker.

*YAWN*
    edited February 2010
    Well, if you watch that webisode, it makes everyone here wrong. :D
    edited February 2010
    Kin_Balam wrote:
    More pointless snarking? Pitch in or stop wasting everyone's time. Seriously.

Pitch in on what? Your trolling? Because thats exactly what your post is. Dont even pretend that this thread is even remotely constructive when you call people morons in your title.
    edited February 2010
    Yeah... honestly... I don't know why people think it's so hard. I guess I had a good group. First time I fought it we won.

Perhaps I piggybacked on that win but after the first shard hit me I knew to stay away from them. After that I just flew around shooting the big enemy.

Seemed like everyone else was doing that and no one was talking. I must have hitched a ride with a fleet or soemthing.
    edited February 2010
    Yeah... honestly... I don't know why people think it's so hard. I guess I had a good group. First time I fought it we won.

Honestly, it really isn't that hard
    edited February 2010

Perhaps I piggybacked on that win but after the first shard hit me I knew to stay away from them. After that I just flew around shooting the big enemy.

Seemed like everyone else was doing that and no one was talking. I must have hitched a ride with a fleet or soemthing.

The only time I did it there were 3 ships laying mines constantly. Shows why I left that 30 minutes later incomplete.
    edited February 2010
    VanCaptain wrote: »
    I was under the impression, that everyone needs to be around9km away, have power into engines, maxxed (reduce shields to compensate), go clockwise around The Crystaline Entity, All fire on CE, in one big group and if thats done correctly, it would be a doddle.

Or something of the like, the problem I seem to be seeing is, well not everyone has the same definition of clockwise and its something spectacular, to be evading the fragments only to have some TRIBBLE litterally fly into you, with a half dozen or so trailing.

Yes I been a casualty of this.. everyone going one way i just dodge the large frags when boom here comes a big group of shards ande boom dead up goes the health..
    edited February 2010
    The strategy for beating the thing is so simple yet even me practically yelling it out in Zone over and over didnt seem to help.

Divert all power to engines. Makes you fly fast. Outrunning the shards is a good thing.

Fly in a circle around the Entity avoiding shards and outrunning the rest.

Hit the entity itself with everything you've got until it explodes.

Do NOT shoot at the shards.

Do NOT sit still and shoot at the thing.

So simple, yet so hard to understand for some I guess. :o

I don't believe you, I'll do things my way.

;):p
    edited February 2010
    ....right....
    they need to fix the MISSION...
    ...because the people PLAYING it are morons.
    Anyone else see the humor here?

Yeah seems kind of silly in a way but at the same time me and husband stayd in one for over 2 hours and got it down to 28% when boom goes a large *sighs*..Only wanted to do it to get the quest.. We have resolved to do it at a later time .. lol:confused:
    edited February 2010
    Laying down the facts here and now. Anyone who disagrees doesn't know what they're talking about and can shove off.

There are three types of fragments:
    Crystal Fragments: These are spawned all the time. They chase you and do ~5k damage. Kill them, kite them, whatever.

Large Crystal Fragments: These are spawned when the Entity reaches 30% HP. They deal ~12k damage and spawn three Smaller Crystal Fragments when they impact something. This can be either a ship or mines, so do not use mines and do not get hit. It is completely, 100%, absolutely OK to shoot and destroy these otherwise. People who claim that killing Large frags will heal the Entity are stupid and aren't actually paying attention when it happens. You will see three Small frags being formed after the Large dies, but they will despawn immediately. Their brief existence is a graphical or coding error. They are not real and do not effect anything. Kill Large fragments all you like. It's fine.

Small Crystal Fragments: These are spawned when a Large fragment impacts a player ship or mines. They will attempt to return to the Entity and heal it for ~1% of its total HP. Stop whatever you are doing and shoot these when you see them. As stated above, they are only spawned for real when a Large frag impacts something. Killing a Large frag will only create FAKE Small frags which instantly disappear.

I will repeat this a third time in large letters so everyone understands:
    IT IS OKAY TO KILL LARGE FRAGMENTS. THEY DO NOT SPAWN REAL SMALL FRAGMENTS. WHAT YOU SEE IMMEDIATELY AFTER THEIR DEATH IS A GLITCH. THE SMALL FRAGMENTS WILL GO AWAY. AGAIN, IT IS OKAY TO KILL LARGE FRAGMENTS.
    edited February 2010
    I didn't read the entire thread, but to chime in on what I did read. I found that if I flew too close, I seemed to lose even more power to my Phasers. If I was backed off, around the 8 to 9km flying clockwise then I had more power to phasers available.

Soooo... Not sure if it sucks power from ships or not, but maybe.