test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Borg should be a challange

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
The new borg block missions are like shooting puppies, There is no challange at all. 1 Vs 1 you barely make it out alive. You should have to use a little bit of team work to win. Even a cube is no match for a T5 ship.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree i would like to see less ships with more power and more drops rather then a bunch of weaklings.

On a side note this is 40 years post series and they should be able to deal with the borg better
    edited February 2010
    For Gods sake, not everyone with a Tie 5 ship can handle the Borgs and the Borgs on the ground are very though as well.

You seem to be one of the lucky once that has it easy with the Borgs, congratulation with that.
    edited February 2010
    well I have to say yes the borg are a wee bit easy, fleet and in solo missions.

Fleet battles sheesh three players = overkill on a cube. That's just not fun or epic! should take ten players to kill a cube not three or even one. In solo missions the sphere's are a fair challenge for a science ship, but heck the cubes are doable but not easy. Cubes imho should not be solable, they should be things you see and run away from or try to! Sphere's ok... those you can try to kill.

On the ground the borg are tough if you don't run around staying away from them, that's great.

Indeed fourty years on they should be easier to deal with, but if there isn't something to make people run away then... well...

I remember the feeling when I first saw a hill giant everquest and I was literally in awe/fear of the thing. That's the kind of effect the borg should have...

Captain's thoughts "borg, erm this is not going to be an easy day down at the office"
    It should not be "No problem, I'll take out it's shields and then blow it up with my photon torpedos"
    edited February 2010
    I would suggest removing Borg cubes from encounters and limit them strictly to boss / rare spawns that have the kind of power to engage multiple players.

Think something like a flagship just for the normal cube and then a tactical cube for the flagship with massively increased hull vs shields. The weapons of the Borg seem fairly decent and they have a nice variety, its just their health is significantly lacking for something of their size.

As for ground combat, I would suggest LOWERING their health bars but increasing their shields to much larger amounts. All drones should be coming with shields like the heavy tactical drone.

Unshielded drones went down just fine to weapons fire, it was the SHIELDs that made them powerful. Thus they should be the same. heavier drones can obviously come with stronger attacks and actual health but for the most part the shields and high resistances should be what makes them a threat.
    Not giving them massive health bars so that it takes longer to knock down their health than it does their shields.
    edited February 2010
    if they're too easy with your tier 5 - switch to your tier 3.
    edited February 2010
    if they're too easy with your tier 5 - switch to your tier 3.

In a T5 mission, I shouldn't have to dumb down my ship to T3 to make it interesting
    edited February 2010
    The new borg block missions are like shooting puppies, There is no challange at all. 1 Vs 1 you barely make it out alive. You should have to use a little bit of team work to win. Even a cube is no match for a T5 ship.

If we made the Borg properly (television/film tough) every single player would be dead and we'd be shutting down the servers in a week's time unless a Developer decided to program in some deus ex machina hail mary--the only reason they've EVER beaten the proper Borg (excluding from this various little independent/freed Borg, and Lore's dopey "Feelings!!!" Borg):
    1. Q extracts the Enterprise from the Delta Quadrant. Literal deus ex machina!!
    2. Picard gets extracted from the Collective and tricks them within minutes of Earth falling
    3. The Enterprise literally goes back in time after they lost the whole Federation and Data has to two-time Alice Kriga with Patrick Stewart.
    4. Two Janeways and a Barclay are required to pull off the mother of all convoluted schemes involving time travel (but it WAS pretty clever), and that only just aggravated and hamstrung the Borg in the end.
    edited February 2010
    the 'Borg Cube' should become the 'Scout Cube'. Where as an actual very large Borg Cube could be a boss in the area, much like Scimitars, Jupiters, Tethys, etc.
    edited February 2010
    Just because it's 40 years on doesn't mean the Borg should be any easier to fight against, they adapt and adjust as well, they're particularly good at it. They should be as dreaded as in Best of Both Worlds, a brutal force! :mad:
    edited February 2010
    The whole game's challenge level needs to be increased in difficulty by about 30%, then they can add the silly slider and use that 30% increase as the "Easy" setting at the bottom of the silly slider.
    edited February 2010
    Agreed!

It MUST take more than 5 players, minimal, to kill a cube

Cryptic, if you need trash borg mobs its very simple:

Use Spheres, Probes and Wedges.

DO NOT use borg cubes as a weak ship. They are not weak.

Please. I want to see holding beams, multi-targets, and difficult cubes. Cubes should be hard and difficult and take a lot of players to handle.

If they don't you WILL lose a lot of players. Now, before you doom/gloom anti's say 'no they will not'

I know for a fact many of my freinds who know all the bug's etc would leave over the borg being weak. Yes, voyager came back, but come on it SHOULD NOT be easy to fight the borg.

I have been finding the game ridiculously easy compared to closed and open beta's, and if the borg are just paper-shield weaklings i can 1v1....

It will be a sad day.
    edited February 2010
    Ironically, the one thing that isn't all that effective against Cubes are Transphasic Torpedoes.
This discussion has been closed.