test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

+38 Ships in the newbie Defend missions.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Seems like a broken dynamic to me. Maybe a new bug? Perhaps just a fun way to grief newbies?

Either way, its pretty difficult to complete any newbie Defend mission in sirius sector in a newbie ship, with enemies that hit for over 1000 dmg.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it scales the ship mobs to the highest level player in the instance when you spawn.... alot of people who hit admiral fly into these encounters at random and change instance to **** newbie players off...

hey it works
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    STARSBarry wrote: »
    it scales the ship mobs to the highest level player in the instance when you spawn.... alot of people who hit admiral fly into these encounters at random and change instance to **** newbie players off...

hey it works

or they could be heading from Sol to some far away place on autopilot and happened to get intercepted by an enemy NPC.
    That'd do it too.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is why I don't want a death penalty of any real significance. This has happened to me several times now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Or - more to the point - they are travelling across the system to get somewhere else and get sucked into one of them without warning - and immediately leave as soon as the screen loads.

Its not their fault.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

hey it works

Yes, I realize that. I'm pointing out that its not a very good dynamic, especially in the newbie zones.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    When I get my T6 ship...I fully plan on heading back and whooping some puny klingon butt, just for kicks.

What's wrong with that? I won't stay long....sorry if it is totally wrecking your life :\
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I was considering entering some of these and acting as a support ship, letting lower levels fight the enemy while I try to use skills on my allies.

If it bones over lower level players, however, I think I'll reconsider.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Eleriel wrote:
    or they could be heading from Sol to some far away place on autopilot and happened to get intercepted by an enemy NPC.
    That'd do it too.

Aye ... happens to me a lot. I really wish there was a way to avoid this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I concur that the mechanization seems broken here. I just got out of a defend alpha centari mission...lvl 17 in theory and I was level 17, Some admiral was in there and I proceeded to get owned by the enemy ships over and over and over. After dying a whole bunch to ships a lot stronger than mine is, I just said to heck with it and went afk til the admiral killed enough that I could at least get quest credit. The mechanic needs fixed since it looks like its being used by bored rushers to annoy lower level players...ie. a grief mechanism.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Eleriel wrote:
    That'd do it too.

Once you out-level the roaming encounter by 7 or 8 levels, it will not longer fly to you and spawn on you, so this is not the case.

I noticed this as well since reading about it here prior and is also probably related to the up-scaling when teaming with a lower level player and entering their Mission.

As well, I still enter these low level secure missions at Cap 5 because I not only enjoy slaughtering a ton of ships every now and then but also to play with friends as well as to get some skill points, for some them still award me decent skill. Which eventually, they won't award good skill and I'll just go there less.

I'll be going to the really low level ones even less now that I know I may be causing another's misfortune. I doubt I'll stop going to the ones still giving me 100+ sp though, until they no longer do. I'll just be sure to not stay in the instance until the next spawn happens.

That or I'll periodically warn people in Zone that it spawned at my level, that they may want to switch instances or just sit by the side-lines while I and others near my level fight off the baddies.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    1) I dont think many of the higher level players actually realise they are affecting other peoples games.

2) It doesnt alway scale - it only scales if they are there from the start of the mission, if they arent, then its scaled to who ever was there when the missions started.

3) If you seen an admiral, or the enemys are way too hard - change instance! they cant be everywhere.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thats why there is a "Change Instance" button.

Go to a new one and let them have a little fun.

Pretty simple.

Its really crappy on Cryptics part they didn't consider that players would want to go back to older areas and payback npcs that may have killed them or given them trouble when they were leveling up. It happens in every MMO.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

hey it works

I zoned into the sol one earlier in the week at 45, and the mobs were not upgraded. They each took like 2 barrages and all died. And the packs didnt even take my shields below 95%.

Unless somethings changed in the past 3 days, a level 45 joining a DSE doesnt "upgrade" the mobs at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have heard a lot of people say that they think the game is too hard in space combat and others say they are bored. LOL hmmm. sounds like it's balanced to me.
This discussion has been closed.