test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Abuse of the Report Spam Feature.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I have been squelched due to someone getting their buddies to Report Spam on me.

I will not go into detail as that is a matter of log records that can be seen by you, Cryptic and am very confidant that I had no foul doing on my part, instead, it was a foul played upon me by some individuals who think they could get away with something like this.

I expect action to be taken against all parties involved. I as well wish to be un-squelched way before this 24 hour silence is due to wear off.

I as well would like you to look into the abuse of this system and put in some sort of safe-guards as well as harsh punishment for abusers of this.

Thank you for your time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Some dev answered this issue in another thread where some dude was whining about being silenced for spamming his guild. Basically, action will be taken against people abusing the report spam feature as a harassment tool.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Some dev answered this issue in another thread where some dude was whining about being silenced for spamming his guild. Basically, action will be taken against people abusing the report spam feature as a harassment tool.

Good, I am very glad. Thank you for this reassurance, however you must understand I will await the confirmation of this from a GM through tickets, or a Dev response here to be fully assured.

It is sad when someone who is always helpful to people and stands up for them in a civil way, never using swear words or adjectives of disrespect in my communications, could have this done to them by others who do not share the same ideals.

Ah well, this is the world we live in I suppose.

Thank you for your response none-the-less! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Good, I am very glad. Thank you for this reassurance, however you must understand I will await the confirmation of this from a GM through tickets, or a Dev response here to be fully assured.

It is sad when someone who is always helpful to people and stands up for them in a civil way, never using swear words or adjectives of disrespect in my communications, could have this done to them by others who do not share the same ideals.

Ah well, this is the world we live in I suppose.

Thank you for your response none-the-less! :)

well from your post I can see that not everyone thinks the sun shines out of your bum, sure you are a nice guy, but somewhere along the line you apparently got someone cheesed off
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Devs....PLEASE stop working on this game to come into this thread and massage this guy's ego since he is WAY too important to wait on an in-game GM response like the rest of us poor saps.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    swag-nyc wrote: »
    well from your post I can see that not everyone thinks the sun shines out of your bum, sure you are a nice guy, but somewhere along the line you apparently got someone cheesed off

I have my theory, as I stuck up for someone getting defamed by another for asking a question. I in no way said anything derogatory. Ah well, that is what I get I suppose for sticking up, in a civil manner, for someone who was being defamed in a way that should have instead caused that person to be squelched.

Again, this is just a possible theory, as I was also civilly debating the longevity of the game and became squelched just after I received a whisper from the person. Actually, I wouldn't even call it a debate, since I only spoke a couple lines on it, got a whisper, and was squelched.

I look forward to the investigation and resolution, indeed.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Knocky wrote: »
    Devs.....

This only justifies my need for posting here, if previous pages on other issues were to have ever been replied to on that same day and not several days later, I wouldn't have to post here. As well, their phone offices are closed today. I do not wish myself to have to be squelched because of an abuse and wait out the 24 hours to even speak again to my friends, even mail is squelched, nor do I wish it of others.

I post this here for the betterment of us all, I apologize is this offends you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its likely you are going to be squelched again
    Discussing Disciplinary Actions
    Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, discuss disciplinary actions taken by Cryptic Studios against any user (including the poster) may be subject to an infraction.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This only justifies my need for posting here, if previous pages on other issues were to have ever been replied to on that same day and not several days later, I wouldn't have to post here. As well, their offices are closed today.

you cannot post in game because you ranted on someone... now your here doing the same thing with demands...

this is a public forum not a trouble ticketing system....or a court to judge your actions.... reading your over zealous post makes me think you brought this on yourself...

good luck!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I have not spoken about any Moderation on these forums, nor have I named any names.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And... posting this here, your attackers now know that you can only not talk for another day. You may end up getting squelched for spam again, now.

Woo!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shosyn wrote: »
    you cannot post in game because you ranted on someone... now your here doing the same thing with demands...

this is a public forum not a trouble ticketing system....or a court to judge your actions.... reading your over zealous post makes me think you brought this on yourself...

good luck!

I did not rant on anyone at all, not even in the least that I am aware of. Again< i am sorry for not wanting to wait 6 days to see that I would have been unsquelched today. I am sorry I did not want to take that chance and figured this would be a better revenue to get my issue looked into. I seen no other forum that would be more relevant and since their phone offices are closed, that revenue is also.

I only posted this here due to lack of response in the past. Otherwise I would not have had the need.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I don't feel like looking this up because I'm headed out right after this, but I believe the dev also said that you are AUTOMATICALLY squelched after a certain number of reports until a GM reviews your case. So technically, he's not questioning disciplinary action. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Spamming anything is bad, including fleets/guilds, whatever, but Cryptic does need to impose harsh punishments for those who abuse the report button.

The report button is there to squelch the spammers. Anyone using it as a griefing tool should get banned for it, and a permaban for repeat abuse.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have not spoken about any Moderation on these forums, nor have I named any names.

you mentioned that you were moderated. This is called "indirectly mentioning moderation" names are immaterrial
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you mentioned that you were moderated. This is called "indirectly mentioning moderation" names are immaterrial

On the contrary, I was auto-squelched by an abused feature. I did not mention moderating at all until you brought it into this topic.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    On the contrary, I was auto-squelched by an abused feature. I did not mention moderating at all until you brought it into this topic.

Hey w/e, im not the mod, the mods are the mods. I was just pointing it out lol
    So you arent surprised if/when it hsppens then write another "abuse of the report in the forums" type thread
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey w/e, im not the mod, the mods are the mods. I was just pointing it out lol

No worries.
This discussion has been closed.