test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nemmisis.... Your opinon needed

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Well, it is way too early ingame to think it could get added any time soon, But.....

In Champions online they have a system in place ( same engine as STO) so you can have your own arch rival, called a nemmisis.

As I sit here thinking on it, every captain has had one these guys, picard had the Q, Sisko had that cardasian ..gul de cot I think, Janeway had the borg queen, Kirk had the Khan or Henrey Mudd Lol

Point is, this would be perfect for Star Trek, once you reach cammander , you get to make your rival, an enemy you can make as tough as you want, and will grow with you till you defeat him:cool:

Now I got pages of things I want added, but with all the gripes bout end game, and how easy it is to get to admiral, I think this is a good way to go...What do you think?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'd like to see the Nemesis system in STO yes. Also, maybe they can tweak it to make a First Officer with his / her own storyline (you would play the first officer during those missions of course).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Definitely worht exploreing
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My very own Commander Tomalok...... An interesting proposal. I would love to see that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I would like a nemmisis.

Though you do kinda get some during the story line, such as B'Vat.

Not really the same thing, but man did it feel good to vap him. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You might want to spell it right tho... Nemesis.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Delazure wrote: »
    I'd like to see the Nemesis system in STO yes. Also, maybe they can tweak it to make a First Officer with his / her own storyline (you would play the first officer during those missions of course).

I would like to see a first officer system in place as well. Maybe they can give us a universal bridge slot just for the first officer as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hivewasp wrote: »
    You might want to spell it right tho... Nemesis.

Party pooper, it's Nemmisissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So, you want a white whale to chase, or chase you ?

A ship that will follow you around and de-cloak, and attack you for no reason, and as soon as you knock it down far enough he cloaks and warps away..

In some exploration missions where you just have to scan garbage random chance he shows up with an attack force to harass you, you kill all his men, and beam up to being attacked by his ship...

I can see this as being something cool, but you would have to be able to select where and when you could be attacked from a list of mission types.

I can see it being a Semi-Liberated Borg, Klingon, Gorn, Cardasian, even a rogue federation officer.

I like it, but would make it something that is not mandatory like it is in CO, where the police keep mailing you bugging you for help.

I'd rather they fix some HUGE bugs first, namely Open teaming breaking, Ques, missions false completes, and the lsit is longer than I can remember.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Harcort Fenton Mudd. It's "Harry" Mudd. lol And something like this might work in ST:O.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bahlsa wrote:
    I like it, but would make it something that is not mandatory like it is in CO, where the police keep mailing you bugging you for help.
    It isn't mandatory in CO, you will miss out on a lot of xp and might hit content gaps without doing it, but you don't have to ever make a nemesis. You can put the police on ignore and you'll never see their messages.

I would love to have a nemesis in STO. Given that Khan is one of the most memorable people from any of the movies, I think a nemesis would be quite popular.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bump for more thoghts
This discussion has been closed.