test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invalid Username or Password

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
Dear Cryptic,

I received a beta code for this game and was happy to try this out. When i finished with installing and everything i was happy to finally see the launch screen. My happiness was quickly turned to sadness when a constant message of "Invalid Username and Password" kept popping up. I now went and bought the STO Collectors Edition that I had on reserve and once again found the same problem after providing the updated Retail Key and Billing Information. I also tried to reset the password and that did not fix the problem. I am really starting to despair but would really like to play this game. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

The Lost and Saddened Soul
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I can't log in either I get invalid username or password. and when I went to recover password it send me to frontpage.
    edited February 2010
    its 8am the techs should be there I do want to play as soon as possible
    edited February 2010
    Why do you put a phone number if you dont answer it Im on 2 separate phones 1 over an hour the other for 15 minutes plz do something I would very much like to play this game it is the only game that I paid to play
    edited February 2010
    If you are 100% sure you are entering the correct username and password, check your computer for keyloggers.

There have been multiple reports of gold spammers taking over accounts, due to lax computer security.

I'm not saying this is the case with you, but it would be a very good idea to scan with multiple softwares, and contact billing. Not tech support.
    edited February 2010
    I am sure that there are no keyloggers on this computer because I just received this computer as a gift for my birthday and this is the first thing I Installed after my standard Anti-Virus software. And yes I am positive that I am entering this correctly, even when I try the password reset, I try the new password and still nothing. Any other hint or tips would be great but right now I'm just starting to lose faith in CRYPTIC.

Also, I am not sure what to think about CRYPTIC not answering their phones within a reasonable amount of time. Though many people may be calling a lot, that still is not an excuse for answering some of these forum posts with actual responses with answers.

The Lost and Saddened Soul
    edited February 2010
    Also, I know that I am entering it correctly because I am allowed to enter here and post on the forums. I change to the launcher and no more than 8 seconds later, my username or password becomes invalid. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

The Lost ands Saddened Soul
    edited February 2010
    Yes I am sure I am entering the same login user and pass
    edited February 2010
    I found the problem. For some reason my username was changed and had the last 2 numbers switched. Everywhere else that i sign i and set this up i did not do that but for some reason it responds to the WRONG username. Please explain this to me as i did not use it to sign up but it works.
    edited February 2010
    I found the problem. For some reason my username was changed and had the last 2 numbers switched. Everywhere else that i sign i and set this up i did not do that but for some reason it responds to the WRONG username. Please explain this to me as i did not use it to sign up but it works.

Most likely a typo you didn't realise.
    edited February 2010
    Check your PMs.
    edited February 2010
    Now that you help him out what about me
    edited February 2010
    I have the same problem as well, I can sign onto these forums but the client is saying invalid username or password.
    edited February 2010
    I had the same problem but it seems to be working now. Well...logging in seems to work. Not the game wont patch for me.
    edited February 2010
    Argonauts wrote: »
    Why do you put a phone number if you dont answer it Im on 2 separate phones 1 over an hour the other for 15 minutes plz do something I would very much like to play this game it is the only game that I paid to play

They do not answer emails either and I'm still waiting on a open ticket. :mad:

I can't seem to login today either. Game seems to play okay now if they can fix the support side.
    edited February 2010
    I finally got it done I called them and instead of tech support I tried billing they answer right away and helped fix my problem. So call billing instead

thank you billing dept :)
    edited February 2010
    I'm having this same problem, on Friday I just reset my password, and it worked. But today I'm having the same problem again and I cant even reset the password.

Whats going on?
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I just installed it tonight. It's telling me Invalid Username or Password. I was able to use both to log in to this site fine, but it won't connect me to the game. Changed the password, and still nothing.

:confused:
    edited February 2010
    Wait, I think it's working.

:eek:

My username was already in the first line. I retyped my username, then the password, and it began patching. Maybe that's the key.

:p
  • motorjoe#3569 motorjoe Member Posts: 1 New User
    Invalid username or password. is what i get and i use the same info as i do to log into here
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Is 8 1/2 years now the record for someone doing a necro ?
    @baddmoonrizin
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.