test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Referral Program for STO?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
When are we getting it? Most my friends are holding off until something like this is set up, or promised to work retro-active like, whenever it gets set up, to even try the game.

We don't want to use my CE trial invites if there is a chance that later on they would have given us better stuff.

CO Referral program.l
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Nevermind my post.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nevermind my post.

Never mind his post.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You wouldn't really subject anyone else to this would you? I mean bad enough we got had but who are these "friends" you intend to turn this game onto?

[edit]

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You wouldn't really subject anyone else to this would you? I mean bad enough we got had but who are these "friends" you intend to turn this game onto?

[edit]

The game is quite good. Most people seem to agree with me. Don't get me wrong, there are faults, there are problems, but it's a good foundation for improvement.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It is pretty good. Not fantastic, not 'finished' but playable and enjoyable all the same. Not everyone will like it but is the QQing really necessary?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hope they come out with one soon.. though it took 3+ months for Champions Online to get one!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    3 months? Ugh, don't they want more players?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the Collectors Edition came with three friend codes to pass out.

they want the players that will buy the game reguardless of if they test it or not first, since games generaly release early and spend their first half year or so getting things polished. - wait and see-ers are often times looking for an excuse not to buy, so they wait til the game is solid and new membership is leveling off.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    azsmodeus wrote: »
    When are we getting it? Most my friends are holding off until something like this is set up, or promised to work retro-active like, whenever it gets set up, to even try the game.

We don't want to use my CE trial invites if there is a chance that later on they would have given us better stuff.

CO Referral program.l

I wouldn't expect it any time soon. Programs like this are things you set up once sales start slipping. Right now, we still have login queues, no need to incentivize more people to come it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Since it has been a few days, and we now have trials where -everyone- gets to invite one friend.

Can we get this sort of thing put in?

At least give us a "referred by" line in the account sign up, or trial key input page.

How does one get the attention of a mod/dev?