Its very confusing for those of us who bought the game via download
    We got our keys via email

I activated mine the day I got it.

My page shows the following

Download Game Client
    Activated Features

* Star Trek Online - Preorder

Subscriptions

That's it, when I re-enter my key it tells me ...
    "This product key is already active, it cannot be used again."

There's no option to sign up for a subscription anywhere on the site.

This is getting very frustrating to the point I might just get a call back on my credit card.

Same here!
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Arcanoil wrote:
    I bought a lifetime especialy not to have to deal with this kind of situation.

it not like i didn't paid for it. i bought a lifetime subcription.

can i have a extention on my grace period ?

i have open a ticket hope they will sort out something.
    Funny boy...How do you feel about a game you paid for that doesnt work? No feedback from Cryptic haha Douches.
    edited February 2010
    I am not allowed to log in i double checked my key was activated and i paid for one year on 1/27/10 so why am i not allowed to log in?
    edited February 2010
    I too am getting the error. When I go and activate my retail key, Collectors Edition from Gamestop, all appears to function. I did log a ticket complaining about not being able to redeem my items several days ago but did not get a response. When I received my retail box, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled from the box and entered the new key. I was able to play until today.
    edited February 2010
    I posted a comment regarding this issue on another thread. It appears this is the best place for my inquiry though.

I have been attempting to login in since roughly 10:30 am CST. I do have an active key. I was sure to double check that based on earlier comments.

Could by problem be do to having purchased the Online Delux Edition-digital download? Does the key activate both Star Trek Online, Delux Edition, both???

GGRRR, wish there was a phone number to contact regarding support issue.

Robert Litwiller
    edited February 2010
    Bawhb wrote:
    This is pretty epic fail.
    I haven't received my retail box yet, but I purchased (and got billed for) a lifetime subscription with the headstart key.

Same here, I am also missing the preorder items.
    How much you wanna bet that when the game arrives and we enter our glorious flipping retail keys they ask for a subscription again?
    edited February 2010
    Is this problem all from digital downloads?
    edited February 2010
    Dark_ReGa wrote: »
    Same here!

Ok the key you got when you first ordered the game is the pre-order key. that is why you see in your account only pre-order. No matter if you bought it in a box or downloaded digitally. There is a second key that you should have gotten the day of launch or shortly after. If not you need to contact who you downloaded it from or log into your account for them and a retail key should be there. If your account does not have the Star trek online-Retail or digital download-Retail then you will not be able to log in.
    Has to look like this below:

Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features
    Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription
    Star Trek Online - Retail
    Subscriptions
    ACTIVE
    edited February 2010
    i am havin same problem and key is active
    edited February 2010
    I've been sitting on hold for Cryptic Billing for 30min now....Crytic hold music Supermegafailwtfbbqlrn2getsomeholdmusicthatisntallstatic!!!!!!!!

I'm getting the subject error as well...but I have a question maybe someone here can answer, God knows Cryptic wont ever get around to my call.....Is this initial subscription setup the only chance I will have at getting the lifetime subscription, or will it be offered over the next month or so?

Thx

Later
    Merc
    edited February 2010
    I have verified that I have a subscription, installed via a copy I purchased at GameStop, and am getting the Login error. As a bonus, I am also unable to created a ticket.

Patiently awaiting resolution.
    edited February 2010
    Pre-ordered pick-up retail copy activated and have been playing since 2-2. Today getting same as ya'all.
    Also have not been able to purchase my annual subscription at special price and no pre-order bonuses.
    Really makes me double think game.:mad:
    edited February 2010
    Aurillius wrote:
    Ok the key you got when you first ordered the game is the pre-order key. that is why you see in your account only pre-order. No matter if you bought it in a box or downloaded digitally. There is a second key that you should have gotten the day of launch or shortly after. If not you need to contact who you downloaded it from or log into your account for them and a retail key should be there. If your account does not have the Star trek online-Retail or digital download-Retail then you will not be able to log in.
    Has to look like this below:

Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features
    Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription
    Star Trek Online - Retail
    Subscriptions
    ACTIVE
    GRANTED but when you enter the key it asks you for MORE payment subscriptions and automatically takes money from your account. looks like the grace period is BOGUS. I canceled to stop payments.

Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features

* Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform
    * Star Trek Online - Digital Retail

Subscriptions

* Recurring 1-Month CANCELLED
    Play Time Until: Feb 9 2010
    Re-Activate this subscription

Cryptic Points
    Current Balance: 500
    Buy More
    edited February 2010
    Active Key, can't log on.
    edited February 2010
    Jagh-Hegh wrote:
    I posted a comment regarding this issue on another thread. It appears this is the best place for my inquiry though.

I have been attempting to login in since roughly 10:30 am CST. I do have an active key. I was sure to double check that based on earlier comments.

Could by problem be do to having purchased the Online Delux Edition-digital download? Does the key activate both Star Trek Online, Delux Edition, both???

GGRRR, wish there was a phone number to contact regarding support issue.

Robert Litwiller

Ok not knowing how your account appears, maybe if you go into account and copy paste into a post would help us see what your account looks like. A retail key will allow you to create a subscription and activate the game. You can enter that key through www.startrekonline.com/activate if you have a retail key.
    edited February 2010
    tick tock, tick tock.../confidence meter at maximum decline!!!!!!
    edited February 2010
    BazD wrote:
    GRANTED but when you enter the key it asks you for MORE payment subscriptions and automatically takes money from your account. looks like the grace period is BOGUS. I canceled to stop payments.

Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features

* Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform
    * Star Trek Online - Digital Retail

Subscriptions

* Recurring 1-Month CANCELLED
    Play Time Until: Feb 9 2010
    Re-Activate this subscription

Cryptic Points
    Current Balance: 500
    Buy More

Well that part I don't know about. They said you could cancel it and still get the 30 days but apparently not. Sorry for your trouble but not sure if that has something to do with the digital retail. Might be worth subscribing if you want to play and put a ticket in and they will probably either give you another 30 day credit or refund your money if you choose not to continue playing
    edited February 2010
    Aurillius wrote:
    Well that part I don't know about. They said you could cancel it and still get the 30 days but apparently not. Sorry for your trouble but not sure if that has something to do with the digital retail. Might be worth subscribing if you want to play and put a ticket in and they will probably either give you another 30 day credit or refund your money if you choose not to continue playing

Eh well ive already put in a claim to "try" and get my money back from Gamesplanet. I dont wish to play a game that has all these problems. You expect it in Beta but not in release. ooh maybe all them chinese free accounts spamming my damn inbox and ingame messages selling credits helped do this.
    edited February 2010
    I have verified that I have a subscription, installed via a copy I purchased at GameStop, and am getting the Login error. As a bonus, I am also unable to created a ticket.

Patiently awaiting resolution.

Ok subscription does not mean a retail copy activated. They should have a activation key inside the box if you got a physical copy of the game. activate at www.startrekonline.com/activate. Make sure and log in first before using the activation key
    edited February 2010
    I am receiving the "Not allowed to log in to server at this time" message. I have an active retail key that I entered in open-beta. I also have not received any of the promised in-game pre-order bonuses. I purchased my retail key and the Deluxe Digital Download package from Gametap.
    edited February 2010
    I pre-ordered and have been playing, but my retail key is in a box on a USPS truck somewhere. They estimate it will get here on Friday.

Nice lifetime subscription, huh? I'm already locked out.

I have plenty of open support tickets - none of them have any responses. When they posted about the grace period on the 6th (which I didn't know about or I would have chosen a faster shipping option) I contacted them immediately using the in-game system. When they linked to the billing support form on the 8th, I submitted that form also. I have no responses. Now I'm on hold with the billing support on the phone, but I have little hopes that anyone will pick up before they close in 27 minutes.

I don't feel like I did anything wrong. In fact, I ponied up some nice dough for a lifetime. This is just plain wrong to treat loyal paying customers like this. I pre-ordered, bought a lifetime sub, and did everything that was asked of me.

"If you contacted your retailer and still cannot get your CD key, please contact billing support." - DONE.

Now I can't play.
    edited February 2010
    I had this problem the other day, then all of a sudden it worked again. Now I am getting it again today.
    This email is to confirm that you have activated the followings:

* Star Trek Pre Order Keys for Digital River

Thank you for choosing Star Trek Online! Sincerely, The Cryptic Account Team This automated informational email has been sent to you as part of your Star Trek Online subscription. Please do NOT reply to this email, as we are unable to respond to your reply from this address.

:(
    edited February 2010
    I have been trying to get on all ****ing day, nothing, and yes, i have entered my retail key, that is all i have had TO enter, i played some yesterday, today, nothing
    edited February 2010
    Vir4030 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered and have been playing, but my retail key is in a box on a USPS truck somewhere. They estimate it will get here on Friday.

Nice lifetime subscription, huh? I'm already locked out.

I have plenty of open support tickets - none of them have any responses. When they posted about the grace period on the 6th (which I didn't know about or I would have chosen a faster shipping option) I contacted them immediately using the in-game system. When they linked to the billing support form on the 8th, I submitted that form also. I have no responses. Now I'm on hold with the billing support on the phone, but I have little hopes that anyone will pick up before they close in 27 minutes.

I don't feel like I did anything wrong. In fact, I ponied up some nice dough for a lifetime. This is just plain wrong to treat loyal paying customers like this. I pre-ordered, bought a lifetime sub, and did everything that was asked of me.

"If you contacted your retailer and still cannot get your CD key, please contact billing support." - DONE.

Now I can't play.

and to rub it in even more it probably wont work when the box comes. I entered my key and it asked for more payments. I paid again( for curiosity) then canceled and I still cannot play. So dont get your hopes up on the box. Cryptic have royally done it this time.
    edited February 2010
    Now that the grace period for the STO head start is over you have to have a full retail key activated on your account to play.

If you are receiving the error "You are not allowed to login to the server at this time" then the chances are you do not have the retail key activated. Even if you are sure that you did go back and double check.

If you have not, go to www.startrekonline.com/activate to activate the retail key (make sure you log in!)

I have seen several people post who have a retail key activated and are still not able to log in.
    We are not sure what is keeping you out at this time but we are researching the issue.

If you are still unable to log in after activating your retail key please post in this thread so I can have you all in one place and not scattered about. It'll make helping you all much faster.

Also if you have not submitted a billing ticket please submit one. There is more information captured in the billing ticket then you can give me in a forum post.

EDIT: Yes you have to have a valid credit card to activate your retail key.
    We do not charge the credit cards, but we need them in case you do want reoccuring billing.
    (I am probably going to get in trouble for saying this)
    If you are worried about charges simply activate the account then immediately cancel. This will give you the 30 free days that come with your retail copy, then you will not have to worry about being charged unless you want to.

edit 2: thank you for the .com catch, I fixed it.

Well I tried your link and it says
    Star Trek Online - Collector's Edition
    With 30 free days

the last time i went in it said
    Star Trek Online - Collector's Edition
    With 30 free days

Still can't log in and have't been able to do so but once since Jan 24th.
    When it worked during the Beta I tried to buy the lifetime preorder beta rate and i had issues with billing. I sent them a "message" through their "support" page and I still have not received a reponce to this or any of my questions. :confused:
    I am really upset that my billing issue was not fixed or resolved (or even looked at) before the special Beta rate was stopped and the lifetime rate went up. With the fact that they haven't even bothered to get back to me, I was a bit leary to even try again to make any purchase.

I picked up the Star Trek Online - Collector's Edition, put the code in. It registered removing the "preorder" note. I still can't log in and play.
    I can understand that there will be "bugs" but the Cryptic Billing issues are UNACCEPTABLE!

:mad::mad:
    WTF!!!:mad:
    edited February 2010
    I got an error when I first entered my retail key last week.

It said something to the effect that the authentication system for the retail keys was down temporarily. I tried twice more and it eventually took my key. I wonder if that had something to do with this happening. I've been able to log in ever since.

Lifetime Subscription, Amazon preorder and release keys.

Could where you got the keys from have something to do with it?

Shael
    edited February 2010
    I tried accessing billing + activation key some ~10 hrs later after a nice sleep ;p. Still getting errors. I guess Billing is still down?

Or are we doing it wrong here? The more I read this thread through, the more I feel that I am missing something ^^.
    edited February 2010
    I ordered the Syfy STO package which included the 30 day free play. I tried "re-activating" with my key but it already said activated. I hope that days lost not being able to play will be taken into account when rebilling. When I activated the key it didn't give me a subscription option so I assumed it would automatically do a rebill after the 30 days. PLEASE help. You guys came out with an AMAZING game and I would love to keep playing.
    edited February 2010
    You have to be kidding me!!!

I have to now enter a second activation key?!?! The one I originally purchased online states it is still active.

I tried using a second Serial Number on an email I received. I get a message that the key doesn't much a purchase.

Guess I'll try going back and looking. WTH should I do if that isn't successful??
    edited February 2010
    Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features

* Star Trek Online Del Taco Promotion B

Subscriptions

It won't let me access any billing in the setting menu. I should have a free month anyways. I only have little time to play and now I can't at all because of this