test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's Your Fault!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
That you're already max level. Stop playing so much. When you're playing, stop 'doing' stuff. Just sit around Sol space station and look at everyones uniforms. Spend more time out fitting your ship.

Stop getting experience, spend time admiring the immersive qualities of Risa and Vulcan. Enjoy the beach, and join in the massive dance party. Stop rushing!

If you are already an Admiral, or approaching Admiral status it is your own fault. No one should be able to burn an entire games content in under a week if they are playing in a reasonable and responsible manner!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    mikey5time wrote: »
    That you're already max level. Stop playing so much. When you're playing, stop 'doing' stuff. Just sit around Sol space station and look at everyones uniforms. Spend more time out fitting your ship.

Stop getting experience, spend time admiring the immersive qualities of Risa and Vulcan. Enjoy the beach, and join in the massive dance party. Stop rushing!

If you are already an Admiral, or approaching Admiral status it is your own fault. No one should be able to burn an entire games content in under a week if they are playing in a reasonable and responsible manner!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Someone definitely needs a hug :)
    edited February 2010
    It's not my fault,
    I wasn't even here that day,
    and besides the wind took it.
    I had a flat tire,
    there was an earthquake.

You can't pin this on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited February 2010
    All of that would be true if you couldn't reach max level with relatively little effort...
    edited February 2010
    What is the point of this topic? We've already had one today, and it got locked.

No one needs a lecture about their play time, and inflammitory topic titles tend to attract trolls.
    edited February 2010
    seriously if a game let's it be this way how can you say its the customer's fault? for what? playing... maybe if they wasnt full of fail half the community would have the drive to lvl to do something instead of leveling to sit around an wait for developers to become more competent
    edited February 2010
    I'm doing a satire.

I hit Captain on Sunday and puttered to a stop. I lack motivation to play now, because I know I'm almost done.
    edited February 2010
    I think everyone here needs a hug.

Thankfully i have more than enough to go round :)
    edited February 2010
    JamesR87 wrote: »
    All of that would be true if you couldn't reach max level with relatively little effort...

Play a kMMORPG, youll find youll need months of grinding to hit max level. No end game though.
    edited February 2010
    wtf am i the only LT Cdr 2, that started on the first day of head start?

I gotta quit TRIBBLE around!
    edited February 2010

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
    What you did there, I see it.
    edited February 2010
    Doset wrote:
    seriously if a game let's it be this way how can you say its the customer's fault? for what? playing... maybe if they wasnt full of fail half the community would have the drive to lvl to do something instead of leveling to sit around an wait for developers to become more competent

WOW, Grammer FAIL!
    edited February 2010
    It's not my fault,
    I had a flat tire,
    there was an earthquake.

It's all you, and only you. :p
    edited February 2010
    Vols wrote:
    What you did there, I see it.

What you saw there, I did it.
    edited February 2010
    Well I'm going to say this. Friend of mine has been playing for about 6-10 hours a day since Head start. He just hit Commander the other night. He's not admiral though, then again, he didnt Instance Hop, PVP Exploit, or anything else besides doing story missions and PvPing.

So yes, it is your fault.
    edited February 2010
    Blaming the customer ALWAYS works.
    edited February 2010
    VarXX wrote:
    Well I'm going to say this. Friend of mine has been playing for about 6-10 hours a day since Head start. He just hit Commander the other night. He's not admiral though, then again, he didnt Instance Hop, PVP Exploit, or anything else besides doing story missions and PvPing.

Or your friend is really, really bad...
    edited February 2010
    He isn't bad just isn't doing the more profitable quests in order to progress to harder areas. My father, who also plays, is the type to do every quests he can take before moving on. It takes a while.
    edited February 2010
    It's not my fault! I have a job and a life and can't waste 6+ hours a day on video games, and I sure as heck don't spend what little time I do have for games on just one.

Anyone who has the ability to waste 6+ hours a day on a single game (or multiple ones for that matter) is at fault! It's their fault for having bad acne, a neckbeard, no social skills, and a dead-end retail job.

Levelling in this game is easy, very easy, all it requires is for you to live in your folk's basement and to have no real-world interaction.

I don't care if i takes me months to get to admiral, because during those months I'll have actually gone outside more than twice. Call me bad at this game all you want, but the reality is I'm still better at life, which is the only game that really matters in the end. You go make your millions in energy credits, I'll stick to making large amounts of real money.
    edited February 2010
    I saw a Rear Admiral 4 last night.
    edited February 2010
    VarXX wrote:

Sounds like your friend AFKs a lot.
    edited February 2010
    VarXX wrote:

6-10 hours a day and he is only that far along? Not only does your friend not have a life, he is also bad at playing video games.

The fact that I do not play that much and still manage to be higher level than him has nothing to do with it being my fault.
    edited February 2010
    Tinal wrote:
    It's not my fault! I have a job and a life and can't waste 6+ hours a day on video games, and I sure as heck don't spend what little time I do have for games on just one.

Anyone who has the ability to waste 6+ hours a day on a single game (or multiple ones for that matter) is at fault! It's their fault for having bad acne, a neckbeard, no social skills, and a dead-end retail job.

Levelling in this game is easy, very easy, all it requires is for you to live in your folk's basement and to have no real-world interaction.

I don't care if i takes me months to get to admiral, because during those months I'll have actually gone outside more than twice. Call me bad at this game all you want, but the reality is I'm still better at life, which is the only game that really matters in the end. You go make your millions in energy credits, I'll stick to making large amounts of real money.

In most cases you would be right, but I have to say that I am none of those, but have more than 12 hours a day to spend on games. It sucks being disabled, unable to go anywhere unless you get 12 hours of sleep before hand so you can have a few hours away from the house. So, I spend most my time at home playing games, because I find it fun, and commericals annoy me.
    edited February 2010
    Shadous wrote:
    In most cases you would be right, but I have to say that I am none of those, but have more than 12 hours a day to spend on games. It sucks being disabled, unable to go anywhere unless you get 12 hours of sleep before hand so you can have a few hours away from the house. So, I spend most my time at home playing games, because I find it fun, and commericals annoy me.

I am in a similar situation, but I have forced myself to not play this game very much because I knew right from the beginning how fast it would be to get to Admiral.
    edited February 2010

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Ship is as outfitted as it can get. BO's are all max promoted and trained. The 'entire games content' is short and unfullfilling with no challenge to it.
    edited February 2010
    I am in a similar situation, but I have forced myself to not play this game very much because I knew right from the beginning how fast it would be to get to Admiral.

I haven't hit Admiral myself yet. I saw myself fast tracking it, and started another character. But then I saw him jumping quickly. So, now I limit myself, I play modern warfare 2 with my buddies, watch tv but skip the commericals. I just hit captain early this morning, and then stopped playing for 7 hours or so. I wouldn't mind hit admiral quickly if I wasn't limited to 3 character slots. Hell, I would be willing to buy more if they would let me.

On a side not, I am sad you can only play Fed and Klingon. I was hoping for Romulan, and Card. Guess have to wait and see if they put that out.
    edited February 2010
    It's not my fault,
    I had a flat tire,
    there was an earthquake.

yeah, we can, cuz yeah it's your fault. we know you took the duck, now WHERE IS IT? start talking or else you get slapped with this here trout:D
    edited February 2010
    I spend a lot of time on IRC while I'm logged in. I don't think I actually play for more than a couple hours a day.

Yeah... Vulcan and Risa are so immersive. If they had playable dabo or other games, I'd go hang out at Quark's more often.

The problem with the "social game" is that there's nothing to really do.
    edited February 2010
    Ok stupid question. I have been doing the quests, play an hour or so a night and string a few together on the weekends. I am LTC2. What is the best way to level faster. Besides playing 6 or more hours at a time. I wouldn't mind jumping to captain or commander then going back and doing the quests.

More curious than anything else.
    edited February 2010
    I see more threads complaining about people who have reached max level than I do people who have reached max level complaining about lack of content. Weird...
    edited February 2010
    Strip wrote:
    Ok stupid question. I have been doing the quests, play an hour or so a night and string a few together on the weekends. I am LTC2. What is the best way to level faster. Besides playing 6 or more hours at a time. I wouldn't mind jumping to captain or commander then going back and doing the quests.

More curious than anything else.

I'm not positive, but I think you may lose the ability to do some of the missions if you level too high.
This discussion has been closed.