test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make Missions With Story In Them Please

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
if you quest in STO this is what you do: scan something, kill something either in space or on the ground. I want to explore new life, new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before. I want to be introduced to new cultures, I want a story, I to feel my main mission in space is not to look for things to either kill or scan.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if you quest in STO this is what you do: scan something, kill something either in space or on the ground. I want to explore new life, new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before. I want to be introduced to new cultures, I want a story, I to feel my main mission in space is not to look for things to either kill or scan.

also I think knights of the old republic will have lots of story which is what I want. The only thing that upsets me is that i really want sto to be the game for me because I love star trek but if Knights has the things I want I might leave for that game . . . time will only tell.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    While I think that stories with substance and fleshed out stories are always nice. (Especially since there ARE too many scan and kill missions that are, well...boring).

But I don't think you can threaten Cryptic into listening to you :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've learned not to raise my expectations too high for new games. Personally, I like the missions so far. After finally beating that B'Var guy I had to sit back and sigh with a smile. That was fun. However, two aspects I don't like are having my paths on ground missions restricted and only having one course to take through a mission in which I win with no effort. I am forced to fight certain guys first and from head-on because I am not allowed to go anywhere else in the "zone". I can't flank them, I can't ambush them, I can do anything but what I am forced to do and that not only sucks but is dummied-down gameplay. Secondly, there is only one way to do a mission and one way only. There is no chance to fail simply by saying the wrong thing. Its a general trend in games the last few years, make it so everybody wins. That means little to no risk or challenge. I am playing Star Trek because I like Star Trek and I would like to see it become an excellent game. But at the moment, its simply child's play. I almost immediately respawn from defeat with no penalty, and evidently there is no chance I can fail a mission. Shrug.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    When you get higher up your see there are tons of epicsodic missions tons