test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Resistance Eta 1 day 18hours

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Ten Forward
is enyone geting this game. i already have it preorderd. friend of mine tryed the beta and said it was awsome. shuld be fun to play while we wait for patches and downtime.

[edit]

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Star Trek Online Discussion forums: Now with 50% more Stargate.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    was this the game that was supposed to be released by Cheyenne and then stalled,r esutling in developers rushing the game adn totally changing the gamestyle to try and make some cash back on it?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Badem wrote: »
    was this the game that was supposed to be released by Cheyenne and then stalled,r esutling in developers rushing the game adn totally changing the gamestyle to try and make some cash back on it?

Yes it is. Alas it is a common practice in this economy.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think thats the MMO you're refering to? Stargate Worlds I'm not sure.

I havn't heard of this, checked out some trailers, looks like your standard fps with a Stargate skin.

also Star Trek Online Discussion?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It was orginally to be Stargate Worlds (i.e. the mmorpg). They ran out of cash though, so they cut out everything but the combat and turned it into a shooter.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    this isnt an MMO and they arent charging $$$ monthly fee

sto isnt an mmo and they are charging a monthly fee
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    It was orginally to be Stargate Worlds (i.e. the mmorpg). They ran out of cash though, so they cut out everything but the combat and turned it into a shooter.

Ah so they are one and the same, how sad =(
    Wondered why I hadn't heard back from my beta application.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I might try this out, i was bummed out when the MMO got canned but maybe this will be good in its own right.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Henners191 wrote: »
    Ah so they are one and the same, how sad =(
    Wondered why I hadn't heard back from my beta application.

No they are two separate games, just click the link to Stargate Worlds on bottom right of page.
    But I believe Resistance has been released to try and raise some cash for SGW as they are somewhat skint at the mo lol
    :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Riddla wrote: »
    this isnt an MMO and they arent charging $$$ monthly fee

sto isnt an mmo and they are charging a monthly fee

Actually both are MMOs. SG:Resistance is a MMO shooter. STO is a MMORPG.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is about the only non Star Trek sci-fi game I might want to play.....that and EVE if it were not an MMO but
    a stand alone game. STO is my first and only MMO.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nope, I won't support a company that started making stargate worlds and then shoved it aside for some cheesy FPS.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ShinKagato wrote: »
    I might try this out, i was bummed out when the MMO got canned but maybe this will be good in its own right.

A single player game put together from code ripped out of an MMO, as a last-ditch attempt to get some kind of break-even return on their investment? How could it not be great. I'd personally buy two copies in case one gets scratched.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hmmm, only three sixteen man maps, seems a little anaemic.

As for it being SGW, i'd need proof before i believed that. The site says it isn't in the FAQ and the main page actually has a link to the SGW site. I don't know why they'd have a link to the SGW site if SGW was in their hands and being remade into SGR.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cormoran wrote: »
    hmmm, only three sixteen man maps, seems a little anaemic.

As for it being SGW, i'd need proof before i believed that. The site says it isn't in the FAQ and the main page actually has a link to the SGW site. I don't know why they'd have a link to the SGW site if SGW was in their hands and being remade into SGR.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/third-person_shooter_stargate_resistance_announced.html

It is alledged thay are continuing to work on Stargate Worlds as a seperate product, but Resisance is it. Well it to date, anyway.

People have the nerve to call other MMOs unfinished. This is just a money grab, so they can keep trading. Although its probably quite good, for what it is.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dryan wrote:

Are you serious? My God... that's sad.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's not the fault of the developers. It's the fault of Investors.

When Tabula Rasa tanked, sci-fi shooter MMO's became risky business. Stargate Worlds being the most prominent future MMOFPS.

It's kinda like when Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy movie tanked, sci-fi comedies became pariahs in the movie world. The planned Red Dwarf movie got canned shortly afterwards and we were left with the horribly TRIBBLE 3-part "Back to Earth" with the promise of more series in the future.

Same thing's happened to Stargate Worlds. Investors are afraid of MMOFPS's, the company's out of money, so they chuck out a third-rate game in the hopes of drumming up interest and finance.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is the cheap sub-par version of Stargate worlds?