Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ReynoldsCK wrote:
    Waiting patiently. :D

THERE is ONLY ONE SERVER.

they are trying to make this game like EVE, there will be no more additional servers for us to play on. they are adding more machines to make it not lag for us. just be patient.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yes there are waiting q's right now but really theyre not that bad. I waited about 20 minutes to get in and I was 635 back when I started. its better than the game crasing for several hours 3 times a day. They will getit fixed soon when the new server machines show up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They are not going to add more they know they won't need them in 30 days
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ReynoldsCK wrote:
    Waiting patiently. :D

I better not be charged until they have this stabilized. I shouldn't pay for a month service if I can't even get in to play it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NicolaRain wrote: »
    They are not going to add more they know they won't need them in 30 days

You might be onto something here.

I wonder if when the STO need maintenance, do the Champions Online servers need maintenance too? Or did they use seperate servers for their different games?
    EvilMcBain wrote: »
    I better not be charged until they have this stabilized. I shouldn't pay for a month service if I can't even get in to play it.

It's standard practice now apparently, according to the fanbois, that you actually only pay for 1 month but get 2 weeks, you know testing and stuff for the good of the game they say. But also they say you didn't pay for the first month it was free with the game so sit down and take it.

Thems some funny lads.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A que loggin in, I can live with, but if it disconnects me and I log right beck in getting a que of 800 is not cool.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

they are trying to make this game like EVE, there will be no more additional servers for us to play on. they are adding more machines to make it not lag for us. just be patient.

I love quotes like this :)

Do you think they only have one huge server and keep on upgrading/adapting like the Borg?

They have one CLUSTER/SHARD mate. It's made up of a huge amount of servers. Yes they need more servers I agree.

But your comment made me laugh :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010

It may be "one" game server where they are all interconnected. But there's most certainly more than one server. Just one server couldn't handle an MMO, there's just no way. haha Cryptic does the new nifty thing they did in CO which is have multiple servers but have them all intercommunicating, That way you don't have to pick a certain one to connect to like other MMO's usually do. So, more server machines.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    slarus wrote: »
    A que loggin in, I can live with, but if it disconnects me and I log right beck in getting a que of 800 is not cool.

That happend to me for several months in WoW, they finnally fixed it, almost 6 months later. I think we can give Cryptic a little time, ya?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you are referring to the new hardware they ordered, it's already there. They are having some issues with it and are working on it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you are referring to the new hardware they ordered, it's already there. They are having some issues with it and are working on it.

When all else fails, just bash the damn thing with a hammer.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    When all else fails, just bash the damn thing with a hammer.

LOL

that's probably what's been happening.

"Craig, get your TRIBBLE in here and bring that duct tape. Al Rivera just chokeslammed the new hardware"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just sat in que waiting with over 600 ppl to get into this game for almost an hour.

what this amouts to is cryptic / atari sold more accounts than they are capable of handling and there is still a lot of product out there in the stores / online its not going to get better.

they need to increase capacity period, and not by increasing the number of ppl that can play at one time on the server. that will cripple the gameplay of the rest of the players with lag ect... they need to spend the bucks and buy servers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't mind 15 mins of wait, but if it were around half and hour or so, I would probably just go play something else.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just for comparison, Eve has (or had for a while) the most powerful supercomputer in the gaming industry with all solid state drives. Keep in mind that it was still laggy during large battles.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

we shouldnt have to be patient with a new game, they know how many people bought it, they know how many are playing, they should be providing great customer care not "please wait" care to us. its not like they cant buy the product or install it, they just arnt doing it.
This discussion has been closed.