test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Newb BO skill question

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Sorry for the newb question but you have to learn somewhere.

So as a Luitenant I trained my ensign BOs in certain skills, some up to level 9.

I then went to the BO trainer contact on starbase and selected a couple new skills for some of my BOs (for example, I replaced tachyon beam with tractor beam). Now these new skills need to be trained up with BO skill points.

Question: did I completely waste valuable skill points on lowbie BO skills? At the time it seemed like the thing to do, but are these skills wasted, or does anyone ever use those original BO skills again? They were ensign-level skills; won't they just be made useless by Luitenant-level BO skills, captain-level skills, and so on?

If this is the case, is it better to hold all your BO skill points till the end game, and then spend them there?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Unlike skill points, BO points are infinite. So you wont be "wasting" the points. Spend away to your hearts content!. Ensign skills wont be useless as you rank up, mostly because you may want other skills to be lvl 2 or 3.

Example: I trained my Lt. Cdr. Tactical BO with High Yield Torpedoes III. He had High Yield as an Ensign skill, so I changed that to Beam Overload. The points I spend on High Yield as an Ensign are lost, but I can continue to get more BO points. Even if I were to reach skill cap I can still earn BO points.
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Awesome, thank you!