test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Queue ?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I've never seen a queue in this game. I've always been able to log right in with no wait. I logged in just now with no que after seeing a post about several hundred people waiting to get in. :confused:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's called a Queue.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And?

• Options
    edited February 2010
    And?

I don't understand why it appears some get a que and others do not
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Que? As in "que pasa"? You speaky espanol? que?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Que? I don't know what you're rumbling about in spanish, but I am really getting tired of this cue thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    when i got randomly booted the first time, when i reconnected i didnt have to wait in queue...but could never reconnect...after 3 tries it finally queued me

not sure if they have logic in place to allow connections that get dropped to fast track on reconnect within x seconds or not..but it seemed like that in my case
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've never seen a queue in this game. I've always been able to log right in with no wait. I logged in just now with no que after seeing a post about several hundred people waiting to get in. :confused:

The Queue is there, because (no surprise) Cryptic miscalculated how many would really be joining at head start/launch, and the servers can not handle it, until they can fix the problem, the Queue will be here to keep the server from crashing more then it already does.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just logged in for the first time today 1 minute ago. No queue. It's odd that some get it and some don't.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I understand there is a queue for some reason (well, usually when NA wakes up^^).
    I also understand that this may be necessary sometimes.
    What i don´t understand and what really****es off is the fact, that my game client crashes without my fault, i log right back in.....and i´m in queue position 1068.
    I know from other games that when you have a crash or disconnect and relog within a certain time, you bypass the queue and come right back into the game, so don´t tell me it´s not possible to do so.

Sorry for whining, i have to make that at least half an hour of useless waiting go by.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    when i got randomly booted the first time, when i reconnected i didnt have to wait in queue...but could never reconnect...after 3 tries it finally queued me

not sure if they have logic in place to allow connections that get dropped to fast track on reconnect within x seconds or not..but it seemed like that in my case

There is no such system working. Based on the OP's comment, I can only assume the queue is based on physical location or something. Being not a queue to play the server, but a queue to connect to the server from whatever particular login server you access. I could be totally wrong here, but it would explain why some get huge queues, and some get none. I do know for fact that once during headstart Cryptic said all the NA login serverS were going to come down quickly. That should imply there is not only more than one NA login server, but also login servers places other then North America.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Here's something even more exciting to ponder. Got sick of seeing me in a que around 800 outta 1000ish. So I decided to risk it and cancel my login attempt. Connected again right away and ended up in a que of 250 outta 250... thought.. well okay, lets shake those dice again. 3rd attempt.. 97 outta 97. No chance at all that many people logged in those time frames. So either I was hitting a different login server each attempt... or the que numbers are just complete fiction.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To be honest, I didn't pay to queue... This is pathetic. I REALLY hope that they sort this, very soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Got kicked from playing only to reconnect and be queued up. That is just not right. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They should atleast have a queue client, so you don't have to start the game.

My graphics card is at 80% while at queue.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I understand what a que is, but with a PAY to play game, there should be absolutely NO que to play. Sorry, but anyone who is paying monthly for a game shouldn't be told they can't play. Sorry but some people can only play during some times of the day, and if they cannot access what they are paying for then they should be reimbursed for their inability to use the product they are paying for.

For instance, if your cable goes out for an extended period of time you can call your cable company and be reimbursed for it (i've never had a problem doing that)

The fact of the matter is that Cryptic is at fault for not being properly prepared for release (and any other MMO owner such as blizzard or Squareenix should be held responsible for similar problems.). STO has probably one of the highest monthly payments out of all MMO's I have played, and that monthly subscription is payment for servers and maintenance. I am PAYING to be able to get online whenever I have the time to. Cryptic needs to get this situation handled FAST or at least extend the first month subscription of all players effected by que's.

I understand glitches and can overlook those since it is a new game. Also cryptic has a very good game, this is probably one of the best MMO's I have played. Unfortunately if I can't play it, I won't be paying.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    valeron19 wrote: »
    Cryptic needs to get this situation handled FAST or at least extend the first month subscription of all players effected by que's.

Cryptic has stated they are going to look at doing something about it this weekend, so here's hoping.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Me again, just a little update.
    Client crash, queue position 1068. That´s been at 11:47 pm CET. Now it´s 40 minutes later and i´m on position 408......wow -.-
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have to say I bought this with the aim of switching from WoW to STO. I have never had a queue in WoW, nor have I had one in STO until now, queue position 1063 of 1063 :'( If I dont get to play in the next 30 minutes then I cant see me playing tonight :@ At least I'm in the 30days free play period
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OK Im a self pronounced dev

We are working on the issue you stated above. We appreciate your business and we are working around the clock to provide you with the very best gaming experience. We hope to have our new servers online as soon as possible.

Thanks,

ServerCrash Team
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cryptic plllzzzz sought it out ....these queing times are ridiculous....would u like me to get a loan from my bank and buy you some decent servers ? 06/02/2010 11:00 pm and still not logged in at 11:43 still in que ;((
This discussion has been closed.