test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kicked then Queued...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I've been playing all morning without going AFK, as soon as I try to beam down to the Gateway Planet, I get DC'ed. Then guess what. I'm sitting in a queue of 1000 people.

Should probably have a grace period of a minute or so so that disconnects do not completely bone you.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I got booted and am now in a the same queue as you are.

High fives.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Due to your unashamedly correct spelling of queued your post will be ignored.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hehe

/10char
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same here. I tried to beam down to Bajor for a mission and got disconnected. Started at 750 and now I'm down to 380 of 989....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you were previously in game and get DC it should let you back in - that's just common sense (which for some reason MMO devs seem to lack).

Having to queue because the *server* kicked you is ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have to agree. This has happened to me 3 times today, and every time the queue is longer than it was before. Its more than a little frustrating.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I gave up. I don't expect Cryptic to provide a game to play on weekends anymore.

I'm gonna go outside!:)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    kicked, queue, game server connection failed, queue, game server connection failed, queue, rinse and repeat. this is amusing^^
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you were previously in game and get DC it should let you back in - that's just common sense (which for some reason MMO devs seem to lack).

Having to queue because the *server* kicked you is ridiculous.

*Substitute " MMO devs seem to lack" for "Cryptard Devs always lack"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I'm sitting in the que waiting to play, couldn't last night cause I worked and server was down, worked today, come home and login and waiting. Guess I'll find something else to do.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Usually, I'm note the type for griefing. But I have to admit, getting disconnected and then thrown into some 30 minute queue is incredibly frustrating.
    This needs to change soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So i just got in after about an hour of waiting, and tried to get into a system to continue my mission. It disconnected me and kicked me, now I'm in line again, position 1000+. I didn't even make it through one loading screen.

GG
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Theres some hope that this Kick+Queue is a temporary server reduction so new servers can be added.

But the Kids in europe are off to bed soon...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    it seems that people are being kicked when loading missions. Each of the two times I was booted today was during a load time and from the looks of this thread, the same can be said of others.

Cryptic should be paying people to stay away until they can fix their demand issue. Or, rather, their supply issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is like buying a car and being told you're not allowed to drive it ... this is ridiculous ... Well atleast the first 30 days are semi free in the sense of you just dropped 60 bucks so here wait to play the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I was also just kicked when i tryed to enter a system, and reset to sit in the queue

sorry when i think of the 'Q' i didn't think of a Queue hahah

no wonder he gets borred and bothers Picard I would go nuts sitting in limbo like this
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I just went to beam down as part of a mission, got kicked. The first time I was in the line it was 'only' about 780 people. now it's over 1000. I just hope they get things sorted out soon, as I really like this game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    r3dd1 wrote: »
    I've been playing all morning without going AFK, as soon as I try to beam down to the Gateway Planet, I get DC'ed. Then guess what. I'm sitting in a queue of 1000 people.

Should probably have a grace period of a minute or so so that disconnects do not completely bone you.

couldn't agree more. I don't mind the queue. I think it was sorely needed. I however do not like waiting in a queue only to be booted back into one.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Seems to be that the "Server Not Responding" message on the loading screen is constituting the insta-kick we're all getting. To beat the dead horse, there HAS to be a grace period for reconnection outside of a queue implemented.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    this is a load of TRIBBLE, i didnt pay for a chance to play a game, i paid to play a game, need to do somethin about this before you lose alot of players, and its been proven in past games , once you lose players, they usually dont come back

noone wants to pay money to sit in a que to play a game, then get in the game, and the game d/c's you and you have to wait again... get real
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm pretty queued off about this
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pikoy wrote:
    couldn't agree more. I don't mind the queue. I think it was sorely needed. I however do not like waiting in a queue only to be booted back into one.
    /agree
    Darveses wrote: »
    kicked, queue, game server connection failed, queue, game server connection failed, queue, rinse and repeat. this is amusing^^

If you keep canceling the queue and hammer away at the server, eventually you get right in. Unfortunately, this leads straight to "Server not Responding".
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Things like this give me mixed feelings about the game.

Seems like a decent game with a lot of interesting elements, but having the patience to deal with server instability and then having to wait in line to play the game is detracting to say the least.

Getting DC'ed and then thrown back into a que of over 1000 playes really stinks.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    got the same....only been in game 2 minutes after queue get a dc then put back into a queue...not a wise move cryptic...so glad i did not buy a subscription cause if it aint sorted by my 30 days from retail box im off to buy mass effect 2 and stick this game in the bin, and its a game that i love even though it has lots of flaws but this one is the final straw.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    356 of 792 here
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    356 of 792 here

You're in an awful big borg group there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ditto. Tried to enter a cluster planet and bam..out I go.

Funny thing tho that Q messagge is a buncha BS. Spam the login you get past it after a few attempts. The number has HUGE changes from like 500 to over 1k in a few seconds and there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with peoples other toons just the one that the TRIBBLE servers cant connect with.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OK Im a self pronounced dev

We are working on the issue you stated above. We appreciate your business and we are working around the clock to provide you with the very best gaming experience. We hope to have our new servers online as soon as possible.

Thanks,

ServerCrash Team
This discussion has been closed.