test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hate the seniors members can anyone else agree?

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's called arrogance and a sense of entitlement. I want this game to suceed too. But atm it's not. Havent been able to login in the 5 hours and I see nothing from the devs regarding it.
    edited February 2010
    theCorvus wrote:
    Senior management are getting huge bonuses and can simply jump ship to better prospects if they need too.

Why people expect corporations to operate in anyway except to maximise returns to senior management and shareholders is beyond me.

It is like putting the fat kind in charge of the cake and being upset when he eats it all.

I call this "John Smedley Syndrome".
    edited February 2010
    MobySlick wrote:
    It's called cognitive dissonance. When one's own behaviour (smartass comments) is inconsistent with what one knows to be true (game is actually quite buggy and has silly mechanics, repetitive content etc). But the reality is too painful to accept for them, therefore they brush the whole thing aside with angry reactions. It's a classic human psychological pattern, nothing new here.

You are my new friend, for serious. Psychology > everything else (no kidding either, it IS the human universe, every single last aspect of our race's existence all rolled into one field of study, even medically). Nice, not to mention you're right. Most of those people are possibly lifetime subscribers and/or otherwise have a deep personal investment in this game and want to see it succeed (that part is understandable) so they respond w/not only their cognitive dissonance but also a little opportunity to flaunt some of what they perceive as MMO Forums wit, been seeing it for 10+ years now myself ~sigh~ but I may be guilty of that last part too, lmao).

/salute
    edited February 2010
    Post more and you can be a senior member, just like us.

One of us... one of us... gooble gobble...
    edited February 2010
    wildcat84 wrote: »

This was also definitely worth quoting and to the OP you were intended above to be honored by my response as well to a degree. Many of us know what you're saying (even other Senior Members, that's a promise).
    edited February 2010
    theCorvus wrote:
    Senior management are getting huge bonuses and can simply jump ship to better prospects if they need too.

Why people expect corporations to operate in anyway except to maximise returns to senior management and shareholders is beyond me.

It is like putting the fat kind in charge of the cake and being upset when he eats it all.

The fat kid is in charge of the cake when regarding STO. Atari gobbles up the majority.... Cryptic gets a pat on the head... then the scorn from the community....... and the customers get "what's expected" from a typical console experience.... but at a MMORPG monthly price. Welcome to system "Moneygrab 642" Fee free to beam down and spend more on DLC suckers.
    edited February 2010
    Katalepsis wrote:
    You are my new friend, for serious.

Except he was wrong and I already posted the correction.
    Katalepsis wrote:
    Nice, not to mention you're right. Most of those people are possibly lifetime subscribers and/or otherwise have a deep personal investment in this game

In the psych field we (I have gone back to uni to do psych) actually do science and like to perform experiments and analyse data before making statements like this. I can easily find you a dozen posts on the front page from Lifers bitterly complaining about the state of the game.

Most of the people making smart TRIBBLE comments are just smart asses like me.
    edited February 2010
    theCorvus wrote:

In the psych field we (I have gone back to uni to do psych) actually do science and like to perform experiments and analyse data before making statements like this. I can easily find you a dozen posts on the front page from Lifers bitterly complaining about the state of the game.

Sweet... then focus your experiments on why human beings fall for such TRIBBLE like STO.
    edited February 2010
    wildcat84 wrote: »

officially stolen, adding to sig

have to agree with that. if there is anyone on this earth i ahte more than smed its bill gates, and even then thats very close in the number ranking :P
    edited February 2010
    theCorvus wrote:

Good thing for you then my favorite band is the Black Crowes (I think I even meant to mention that the other night when I finally came to Forums and saw your avatar) and to a general degree I wasn't necessarily supporting his specific assessment as much as I was generically saying "yay, finally, more Psych people around here" ~shrugs~
    edited February 2010
    Lx31 wrote:
    Sweet... then focus your experiments on why human beings fall for such TRIBBLE like STO.

Humans aren't as rational as they like to think they are and make "rational" retrospective explanations for their emotional or random decisions*

TL;DR: Advertising works.

* This is why some people can never change an opinion despite a mountain of evidence against it.
    edited February 2010
    Senior Member status can indicate a member who has been around and contributed a lot of useful advice and input to other players.

Unfortunately it is just as easy to achieve senior member status by contributing a massive heap of B.S. posts.
    edited February 2010
    The one that makes me laugh is "I have posted more on these forums therefore my point is more valid than yours". I guess some people have to be thick to make 100 IQ the average.
    edited February 2010
    Gardein wrote: »
    Senior Member status can indicate a member who has been around and contributed a lot of useful advice and input to other players.

Unfortunately it is just as easy to achieve senior member status by contributing a massive heap of B.S. posts.

or you posted on the beta forums/pre-launch forums and therefore have senior member status already...despite hardly posting post launch.
    edited February 2010
    theCorvus wrote:
    You pay me a professional rate and I will act as a professional forum assistant.
    If you have to be paid to be act professional, you aren't a professional.

to the OP: it is the default human nature to not be able to see outside of your own rear end.
    edited February 2010

Oh, you're in for one hell of a surprise once you enter the business world, then...
    edited February 2010

Wha? By definition, a professional is someone who gets paid to do what they do. Character, attitude, and what not has jack all to do with it. Those things are determined by the particulars of the profession.
    edited February 2010

This is why software devs work themselves into an early grave with 100+ hours weeks with unpaid over time. While real professions like medicine and law charge by the hour.
    edited February 2010
    Oh, you're in for one hell of a surprise once you enter the business world, then...

Not just the business work that suffers from stupid ideas. I am currently a night guard and one of the rules are I cannot confront anyone dispite the fact I am unarmed combat trained..

I am also a full first aid medic WITH trauma training yet I cannot help someone because I am not a member of the site staff... Yea like one of the prodution staff are going to know what to do if an amputation happens...

The stupid are everywhere.
    edited February 2010
    And while I'm at it-
    to the OP: it is the default human nature to not be able to see outside of your own rear end.

This is not exclusive to Senior Members...unless you're making the claim that non senior members are some how...less human?
    edited February 2010
    Reddmann wrote: »
    Why is it when people make posts about serious problems, these senior members get on and instead of being professional they give nothing but smarta$$ comments / reply's (if any), and no real advice at all. Me personally I can do without all the above. I would like to see them actually help someone without all the trash talk. The reason I say this is why add fuel to the flames that burn. So, many people having problems and there is no time for smarta$$e$. ;)

Any human being that puts an ounce of credibility into a meaningless forum title has my eternal sympathy...

All "Senior" means is that you entered your name and email address before some others...
    edited February 2010
    Baltec wrote:
    Not just the business work that suffers from stupid ideas. I am currently a night guard and one of the rules are I cannot confront anyone dispite the fact I am unarmed combat trained..

I am also a full first aid medic WITH trauma training yet I cannot help someone because I am not a member of the site staff... Yea like one of the prodution staff are going to know what to do if an amputation happens...

The stupid are everywhere.

Oh, I'm aware. Being Military Police in the US Army has shown me new and unique kinds of stupid that I didn't know existed. But in a high-stress situation the stupid gets put aside and the "professionalism" comes out of even the most dense of the dunces.
    edited February 2010
    i see alot of duplicate nerd raging threads.

i see alot of make STO x or y game threads.

i see alot of I"M CANCELING MY SUB threads.

i see a lot of threads comparing to x or y 5-10 year old game as it is now.

in any case, post enough and you can make senior member in a single day. it's not based on time, it's based on post count.
    edited February 2010
    buddah7118 wrote:
    Yeah, but im not talking JUIST this section of the forum either. Ive been in "those" other forum sections. Theyre no better.

Ill try here then. anyone know to get points in the C store? I wanna get the two races but its just telling me "you dont have enough points" not how to GET the points :p

Actually, I kinda feel sorry for Cryptic. Atari set the deadlines... and if this gamecraps out; its Cryptic's rep and stocks that are gonna take the hit not Atari's

I haven't bought any points so far, but click on "My Account" from the main STO page. In the lower right conrer it has your cryptic point total and a link that says "Buy More"
    edited February 2010
    i see alot of duplicate nerd raging threads.

i see alot of make STO x or y game threads.

i see alot of I"M CANCELING MY SUB threads.

i see a lot of threads comparing to x or y 5-10 year old game as it is now.

in any case, post enough and you can make senior member in a single day. it's not based on time, it's based on post count.

If the game was good less people would be posting and more people would be playing.
This discussion has been closed.