test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BOFF's and the TOS Uniform

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in The Academy
Can your BOFF's wear the TOS Uniform?

Is this a bug? or intended, because I can't put them in the TOS uniform or the WoK one.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm having the same issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    have you rased an ingame ticket for thiss issue?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tr00p3r wrote:
    have you rased an ingame ticket for thiss issue?

I had the same problem with the so-called "Admiral's Uniform" this morning and I have flagged it and filed a bug report.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thanks for the forwarding dixon

i think we were talking in game! Drelat

anyways - cant put my TOS on the BO, and this is annoying..fix it please!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I find this interesting. I have the TNG, DS9/Voy, and Wrath Admiral uniforms, and I can equip them just fine.

Submit a bug report.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Telaura wrote: »
    I find this interesting. I have the TNG, DS9/Voy, and Wrath Admiral uniforms, and I can equip them just fine.

Submit a bug report.

I can equip these on my captain, but none of the special uniforms work with my BO's (including the TOS uniforms).

Strangely enough, the Chromodynamic armor (steam bonus) will display on my BO's, but not on my captain.

I've submitted bugs for both of these issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Im having the same problem with my TNG and DS9 uniforms, any news?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's a bug. Stormshade said they'll have a fix in soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well atleast its a bug and not a permanent limitation
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I can display the chromodynamic armour on my liberated borg captain but it doesn't show on my unknown alien captain.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    syberghost wrote: »
    It's a bug. Stormshade said they'll have a fix in soon.

good to know

anyone know if there will be a way to retroactively fit them on our BOs / captains?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I would suspect that it is a display bug, probably get the skirts issue fixed as well when they release it.
    Shouldn't be anything extraordinary than the uni's will stick now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    eoddc5 wrote: »
    good to know

anyone know if there will be a way to retroactively fit them on our BOs / captains?

You mean because to change them after the one time you have to pay credits? Don't know..doubtful but who knows.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DocSavag wrote: »
    You mean because to change them after the one time you have to pay credits? Don't know..doubtful but who knows.

yeah, i mean i want them all to look the same, it fits my aesthetic vision of my crew more

but will i pay 3000 credits? nah
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i also just tried change to the TOS uniforms, but, same as you guys have all said...only i can wear it. do not like.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hello.

2 ??s -

1. How do I get my new Borg Officer to be one of my Boffs? She came up when I click on her as a regular in game use character like my Captain.

2. and, How do I walk in the game instead of run all the time?

Someone please help me with these - I am someone frustrated. TYVM.

BFN, StarTrek777.......
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hello.

2 ??s -

1. How do I get my new Borg Officer to be one of my Boffs? She came up when I click on her as a regular in game use character like my Captain.

2. and, How do I walk in the game instead of run all the time?

Someone please help me with these - I am someone frustrated. TYVM.

BFN, StarTrek777.......

this post has nothing to do with the issue we are discussing, search the forums, and then make a new thread please
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    any updates? posted a ticket 3 days ago, and no answer
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    anyone have any news about this issue?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    been a while , anything new to report?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This issue (TOS uniforms on BOffs) has been resolved. You should be able to go complete old skool now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yardbird wrote: »
    This issue (TOS uniforms on BOffs) has been resolved. You should be able to go complete old skool now.

For vague definitions of "resolved". Sticklers would point out that the female uniforms aren't quite Old School TOS (tops have wrong neckline, skirts are too long, no tights/hose, boots are wrong).

Gym "I'm not that bothered by it, but I agree that they aren't really correct." Quirk
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yardbird wrote: »
    Is that as of today? I tried to do this yesterday and it didn't work. I'd select the TOS uniform and it woudl go right back to the one they had on.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My BOs, male or female, don't have an option to display rank while wearing TOS uniforms.

If you can't get you BO to wear the uniform, try a different BO. You might also try change instances of the area you are in or beaming back to your ship then back to whatever station. I find the costume interface to be quite buggy.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Is that as of today? I tried to do this yesterday and it didn't work. I'd select the TOS uniform and it woudl go right back to the one they had on.

It's as of a few days ago and I've had no problem at all getting all of my BOs in TOS outfits, including skirts so I don't know what the problem could be that you're having.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It works sort of, as mentioned it isn't quite the asme but if they are the same colour it can be hard to distinguish from the proper uniform.

I do have a bug where the boots and skirt share the same colour and just will not be different!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gym_Quirk wrote:
    For vague definitions of "resolved". Sticklers would point out that the female uniforms aren't quite Old School TOS (tops have wrong neckline, skirts are too long, no tights/hose, boots are wrong).

Gym "I'm not that bothered by it, but I agree that they aren't really correct." Quirk

Ok ok...It's been resolved-ish.

:D

And there's the graphical bug where you can see their underwear during transport. :D

The skirt isn't synchronized during transport...Beaming up, it beams up first...then the rest of the model follows....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gym_Quirk wrote:

That's a different issue, Gym. But yes, we'd all like the proper girl uniforms.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And there's the graphical bug where you can see their underwear during transport. :D

The skirt isn't synchronized during transport...Beaming up, it beams up first...then the rest of the model follows....

Hah yeah, I'd forgotten about that little quirk. Skirts also pose a problem when a female character sits in her Captain's chair in a very unlady-like manner exposing herself to her BOs and the viewscreen. They definitely need to implement the good ol' leg cross.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pandajuice wrote: »
    Hah yeah, I'd forgotten about that little quirk. Skirts also pose a problem when a female character sits in her Captain's chair in a very unlady-like manner exposing herself to her BOs and the viewscreen. They definitely need to implement the good ol' leg cross.

Yea I had the same thought with one of my characters. She was definitely not selfconscious at all!

The rank thing is a larger issue btw and doesn't affect all races. Some of my BO's have the rank drop down and others don't.