test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If the server can't handle the load then implment a queue!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
Seriously. At least then some people will be able to play. As it is too many people connect and then the server crashes. It's better that some people be able to play than none due to the server not being able to handle it
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Nagorak wrote: »
    Seriously. At least then some people will be able to play. As it is too many people connect and then the server crashes. It's better that some people be able to play than none due to the server not being able to handle it

You mean the one everyone complained about?
    edited February 2010
    im totally bookmarking this for when the next round of Que QQs start up
    edited February 2010
    You knew how many people pre-ordered the game....you should have built enough server space to handle them. Especially anticipating that many if not all of them would be trying to play the game as much as possible early on.
    edited February 2010
    Here's a better idea, invest in a server FARM so you don't have to worry about a Que.
    edited February 2010
    OMG please dont start the queue discussion again! :eek:
    edited February 2010
    i lold at this

i almost want to yell

"were you there during head start?"
    edited February 2010
    waiting for 1700 ppl to log so you can log in isnt fun either lol
    edited February 2010
    LOL The Queue was a big hit in the headstart...
    edited February 2010

Beginning of the OB there was not queue, everyone wanted one. Then they added one and everyone hated it and wanted it gone. Now the cycle has completed itself.
    edited February 2010
    I really couldn't care less if people cry about a queue. The fact is, either some can play, or none can. I'd rather sit in a queue for hours knowing that when I get on I can at least play, not start a mission and have the server randomly start lagging and then crash. If there is a long queue I can just figure on playing or doing something else. As it is I just waste my time completely not knowing what is going to happen.

If they don't have the capacity there are two ways to handle it, and one is infinitely better than the other. The server has crashed twice now, once after barely being up. It obviously can't handle the prime time loads in both US and EU and that is the end of the story. Bringing it back up and pretending the result is going to be different is just sticking your proverbial head in the sand.
    edited February 2010
    buddah7118 wrote:
    waiting for 1700 ppl to log so you can log in isnt fun either lol

So how's the game playing for you right now? Oh that's right, it isn't, you're staring at a forum. It's just another form of queue.

Obviously the best of both worlds (part 1) would be not to have this problem, but given that it exists it doesn't make sense for the server to crash after being up half an hour because it can't handle the number of people playing.
    edited February 2010
    I really couldn't care less if people cry about a queue. The fact is, either some can play, or none can. I'd rather sit in a queue for hours knowing that when I get on I can at least play, not start a mission and have the server randomly start lagging and then crash. If there is a long queue I can just figure on playing or doing something else. As it is I just waste my time completely not knowing what is going to happen.

If they don't have the capacity there are two ways to handle it, and one is infinitely better than the other. The server has crashed twice now, once after barely being up. It obviously can't handle the prime time loads in both US and EU and that is the end of the story. Bringing it back up and pretending the result is going to be different is just sticking your proverbial head in the sand.

It really didn't matter with the queue, you'd get in for 10-40 minutes then get booted out to 2100 of 2100 in the queue :p
    edited February 2010

the problem is

with cryptic just because you are on it

doesnt mean you get to play

sometimes it says eff you go to the back of the line and boots you

ORR

SERVER crashes
    edited February 2010
    So how's the game playing for you right now? Oh that's right, it isn't, you're staring at a forum. It's just another form of queue.

but spamming on the forums IS fun sitting in line isnt especialyl getting kicked to the back of the line'''

im guessing you werent in line during head start eh?
    edited February 2010
    This is a ROFLMAO
    edited February 2010
    bigduckie wrote:
    the problem is

with cryptic just because you are on it

doesnt mean you get to play

sometimes it says eff you go to the back of the line and boots you

ORR

SERVER crashes

Well that's another issue.

I'm just frustrated like everyone else that the sever is down again. :mad:
    edited February 2010
    buddah7118 wrote:
    im totally bookmarking this for when the next round of Que QQs start up

Thanks buddy, you keep on f'ing that chicken.
    edited February 2010
    The queue system is TRIBBLE...utter....TRIBBLE......

Look...they *know* how many subscriptions they have....

..They *KNEW* How many beta keys they doled out...

....THEY KNEW they had this problem...

...They said they especially ordered new equipment to handle the "overwhelming load" ...in BETA....

...They said that again this passed week...

There are metrics out there ...and have been for years, that spell-out how much of a load their hardware can take... every half-wit IT outfit has this information...

They are *still* trying to make gold outta excrement....

This is about a product...and them skimping on it to keep as much money as they can...

This is about their margin...

There is no justification for pee-wee league platforms with fifteen years of history on how *NOT* to have these fundamental issues...

The queue system is your way of saying that rationing play time is acceptable on a brand new game by a company that knows *exactly* what they sold, and didn't actually *have* it...
    edited February 2010
    Personally I'd rather not have a queue, reading the forums is much more entertaining than watching your queue number change every 20 minutes (like going from 541 at 10:00 pm to 540 at 10:20 pm)
    edited February 2010

NO ONE WANT A STUPID TRIBBLE QUEUE. We want New Cluster sever's. This 1 Cluster Server is Bull Sh?T and one that think's 1 server for 1 Mill ppl is a Smart Idea Don't need anywhere near a MMO with a IP like ST I've Been *****in about there lack of Faith in the ablity to make a MMO that they bought 3 server's and Decide on a Cluster set up so no one know's how cheap they are. Cluster Server's might be alright for one of this Stupid As? MMO's they made before with maybe 80 Thousand strong but isn't going to work STO.U Can't tell me that 15.00 a month for even 6 month for 1 + Mill Plus all there sell's and Gold Farmer sell they can't afford some Dam Server's.:mad:
This discussion has been closed.