test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The ship is being attacked!!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
There is one small change i would like in the game, and that is when i attack someone (before they attack me) that the voice dover do not say Ship under attack, but rather We have engaged the enemy or something.

It just makes no sense to me that the ships computer would say we were under attack before a shot has been fired at us.

Just another suggestion.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    /Signed

Should say 'Red Alert!'. That is actually what is happening, you went to red alert when you open fire or when your fired upon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LawLessOne wrote: »
    Should say 'Red Alert!'. That is actually what is happening, you went to red alert when you open fire or when your fired upon.

This is also true
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same here. It's the kind of goofy thing I'd expect from a new game, but it IS goofy, so..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just, "RED ALERT!" Would also work for times when you're going through nebulas that do so little damage to shields that it says "Ship is under attack" When it's not.

Anyone else experienced this?

Pluse, they should make the voice sound different for the Klingon side of the game :D Just sounds very federation currently :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Saying "Red Alert" is probably the most appropriate...it's weird flying into a nebula and having the computer tell me the ship is under attack.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Agreed. This still catches me by surprise from time to time; especially when I'm not obviously in a nebula or something of that sort.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Is this not included for newbies (to ST and STO) though who might get confused with "Red Alert"? "Your under attack" tells you directly what's happening. I'd prefer Red Alert though.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chapuys wrote: »
    Is this not included for newbies (to ST and STO) though who might get confused with "Red Alert"? "Your under attack" tells you directly what's happening. I'd prefer Red Alert though.

Well if you were under attack that might be so, but i remember the first time i was in a nebular, and i looked around for the ships attacking me.... (i know, i never said i was the sharpest knife in the drawer)

But it would be nice to have her say, Red Alert....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Actually, the cpt should indicate the tactical officer on the bridge to go on red alert. This means for cryptic to add voice overs but I guess this is too late as the budget already been spent.

Other than that I love the game but game as I metnioned in another post. Star trek is not all about phew-phewww, kadaboom. For that matter, I would enjoy more puzzling challenges especially on ground, this would force cryptic toadd some more acres and emotional elements to characters and so your BFOs and yourself would feel something.
    Although in the meantime to this ideal come true I do enjoy killing enemies and enemy players :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I ended up turning all of the voice down, so I can't hear it.

When it first came out in beta, I thought it was a nice immersive addition.

Now it's annoying.

I know when I'm fighting. I know when the target's shields are down (I pay attention to my targets). I know when my own shields are failing (I pay attention to my ship and crew).

I don't need the computer telling me my seatbelt's unbuckled either. I know it is!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's completely lame that if you use Brace for Impact on a Klingon vessel it makes the alert sound from a Starfleet vessel.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LawLessOne wrote: »

Absolutely.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lx31 wrote:
    It's completely lame that if you use Brace for Impact on a Klingon vessel it makes the alert sound from a Starfleet vessel.

Does it use Klingon voiceovers, or are you stuck hearing Majel on a battle cruiser? (I've rolled up my Klingon, but haven't yet shipped out with him.)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chapuys wrote: »

Uh, I think most people could figure it out.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What a great idea. Also it would be nice if the Klingon ships didnt have a Fed computer announcement on board.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Necrana wrote:
    What a great idea. Also it would be nice if the Klingon ships didnt have a Fed computer announcement on board.

Still hoping to get the Klingon voice work from Starfleet battles. "They are a burning wreck!" - sounded in a tough guy Klingon voice.
This discussion has been closed.