test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Past Imperfect bugged for you?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I can't get passed time savior. I've tried with two teams and each time we've gone through it and reached the end and it STILL won't complete....I've submitted a GM help request in game. GOD ONLY KNOWS how long that will take. What I want to know is...is anyone else seeing this too? Or is it my usual wonderful luck?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well, i was able to complete the quest, but for some reason i didnt get my blue engine reward, no GM reply yet and it happened 3 days ago 8(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cyd wrote:
    well, i was able to complete the quest, but for some reason i didnt get my blue engine reward, no GM reply yet and it happened 3 days ago 8(

Just completed this mission, and while standing with the Guardian, spoke with the Admiral, and got the mission again. In fact - I think that I have played the mission two times now. Once SOLO, and once with a buddy. It's VERY annoying, and I think that it will cause the Admiral not to give new orders. Not really sure what is going to happen. Perhaps they will patch it soon. Hint Hint-
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I finally completed this mission recently. I'm a science ship so it was very tough to do it by myself. I tried doing it three times with three different teams and each time it just looped itself like I never even tried. I finally figured a way to complete it solo and that seems to have worked for me. I think it was ridiculous and if I hadn't got it to work I guess I'd still be sitting here not playing the game because I couldn't advance the story. It was something like 17 hours waiting on a GM when I canceled the ticket!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not sure if this is going to help or not.

I have noticed in several missions now that the system will tell you the mission is complete by rolling the reward /xp / bridge officer points etc across your screen. Several times I have left the system yet my mission wont update. I have gotten into the habit of flying / walking around for a few until I get the communication from whoever that the mission is complete with the offer to leave the planet / warp out of system.

The mission with the gaurdian was the same for me. I waited a few at the very end until I got the transmission to leave, and it updated correctly with the rewards.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I ended up doing the 2nd half of the mission twice. I got back to sector space and turned in the mission, got my reward, only to still have "Past Imperfect" in my to do list, with different rewards. I then completed it agian and got new rewards.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Xcathdra wrote: »
    Not sure if this is going to help or not.

I have noticed in several missions now that the system will tell you the mission is complete by rolling the reward /xp / bridge officer points etc across your screen. Several times I have left the system yet my mission wont update. I have gotten into the habit of flying / walking around for a few until I get the communication from whoever that the mission is complete with the offer to leave the planet / warp out of system.

The mission with the gaurdian was the same for me. I waited a few at the very end until I got the transmission to leave, and it updated correctly with the rewards.

I am going to try this out. I think you may be onto something here. I may just have to wait until I get the prompt. I am getting the scrolling information on xp, skill points, etc. Maybe there is a memory lag for the mission to update as completed. The weird thing is that when I go to "leave the system" I get a message that says, "Mission Completed". Maybe that is not accurate.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I fly a Science Ship - got through to Time Savior, defended the USS ENterprise, but the mission does not complete. The IKB from the future is just buzzing around out back and forth in space.

I aborted the mission and went back to "continue" it but the result is that the mission does not reload, the request from the Enterprise happens but the IKB is still buzzing around and there are no other enemies!

=(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I ended up doing the 2nd half of the mission twice. I got back to sector space and turned in the mission, got my reward, only to still have "Past Imperfect" in my to do list, with different rewards. I then completed it agian and got new rewards.

I still have the darned thing too, after completing it and taking the reward. Personally I think having to take on +3 enemies is a bit much, too. The ground stuff isn't too bad, but taking out a capital ship and the Worvig is not as much fun as the designers think it is.

Never mind the audio problems and the BSOD when they overload my sound card.