test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 5, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok, so I just installed it and tried to log in - all i get is that the server is down (top right of the launcher) and account error - contact billing support.

I've put in my activation code, which has been accepted. What gives? Anyone else unable to log in?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shut up seriously, theres always going to be someone in the world that it gets taken down at peak times or whatever

Ignorance is bliss but we prosecute. There would be less people from central Russia/India and or mid Pacific that play the game. Some of them don't even have internet.

5AM - 8AM PST is the window which covers both these timezones and doesn't interfere with prime times in either US, EU or Oceania including Asia. Prime time being the 8PM-11PM time in any zone.

Perhaps if you just shut up leaving us only to think you are stupid rather than proving it by commenting.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well it looks like exactly what happened with Champions Online... That same launcher that sporadically goes on and offline - endless bug fixes and patches - and a forum with no Dev support...

And I still can't get into the game because the server's down... Which isnt' supposed to be down for another 12 hours according to the news on the launcher...

Cryptic, I remember why I uninstalled Champions Online now... And i haven't even started playing this one yet.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gah! I remember now! After you pay £30 for the game and get your 30 free days playtime you STILL need to pay for a subscription! Silly me.. How could i forget... (Damn that sucks)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    GMQue wrote: »
    Yay, TRIBBLE over the Aussies again......

So with this maintenance during Oceanic prime time now a norm. When will you compensate those people for their lost play time.

Or do we have to bring this to the attention of Namco Bandai via the US-AU Free Trade agreement and various consumer protection regulations that you are ignoring.

I normally don't post to make fun of people but this, this is the most classic post i have ever seen on any forums ever. Seriously i have been laughing for like 20 minutes, and yes i belive you are serious, and that is what makes it so freaking funny!

Thanks for the laugh man!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

So with this maintenance during Oceanic prime time now a norm. When will you compensate those people for their lost play time.

Or do we have to bring this to the attention of Namco Bandai via the US-AU Free Trade agreement and various consumer protection regulations that you are ignoring.

OMG NOT BANDAI!!!:eek: CRYPTIC!! RUN!! FLEE!! BANDAI IS COMING!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Here we go again. This is getting as old as a dead kangaroo's azz.

Do you get compensated when you don't play during your bedtime? Cryptic is located on the West Coast of the United States I think. They do it when it is convenient for them.

If those two or three hours are really inconvenient for you then I suggest you change your schedule around. What's that you don't have to change your schedule? Why should Cryptic them?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    will it come out for the mac?

the reason I asked is because the mac is becoming game ready for mmos and many other thing so...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Update: We're extending tomorrow morning's downtime by one hour (From 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. PST or 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. GMT) so we can upgrade the warp cores. The OP has been updated to reflect this.

Thank you for your patience.

Stormshade
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Oh God help us, here we go again with everyone's "legal rights" being trampled upon...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I wonder if they found the time to implement skirts that have been in the game since closed beta for our characters yet.

Or did I just pay you for nothing?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't see the problem with Cyptic being asked to roll the server maintenance times around a bit. They are a Company based in the US that chose to sell a game world wide, with that comes a need for a world wide focus.

Sure take servers off for maintenance, but try doing it on a Thursday not a Friday, try a few different time slots not just the quietest time slots.

I hope that the more reasonable people, and I admit if I wanted reasoning humans I should not be in a forum, can see that we payed money to play a game and it is not unfair to expect to be able to have reasonable access to the required services to play.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Here we go again. This is getting as old as a dead kangaroo's azz.

Do you get compensated when you don't play during your bedtime? Cryptic is located on the West Coast of the United States I think. They do it when it is convenient for them.

If those two or three hours are really inconvenient for you then I suggest you change your schedule around. What's that you don't have to change your schedule? Why should Cryptic them?

So what they should do is put their scheduled maintenance during your prime time because you don't have a problem with it? I don't think so. Prime time being 8PM - 11PM.

So what is the difference if they change it from 3AM-5AM to 5AM-7AM. Does it make a difference to you? No, probably not. Does it make a difference to me and others from this time zone? Hell yes. Lets be fair though, rotate the maintenance between US/EU/Oceanic prime time because we can always reschedule our play around a what they are doing.

Please take the opportunity to be big of yourself by volunteering your prime time for their maintenance.

No, not going to happen. I thought so.

My money is as good as yours so I should be treated less because I come from a different part of the world? Good to see your as biased as every other frickin septic.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    my only problem is with those patches . is since the last one .this morning in fact i cannot get on server anymore . will the next one fix this .can't even get anyone to tell us what is going on.the only message i get is :Oops ! Your Criptics aplication has crashed.
    wow fun to know now what will they do about it . must i unistall and reinstall or is it better to wait ????
    someone at Criptics should at least answer this problem .because i know i am not alone with it,
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dude, calling as nasty names because the company is based on the West Coast of the U.S. does nothing but show the fact that your a bigger TRIBBLE$hole than initialy thought. If you want to make a point, make it with some civility. But realize that most of us Americans are pretty unsympathetic not because we don't want to be, we're just tired of the whinig that spews forth when you and yours are "inconvenienced" and feel you are owed some right of retribution. If it is so bad, I'm sure Blizzard still has some Oceanic servers and they will cater to your every whim. Sorry, but I don't recall which pre-order came woth an obligatory Aussie-TRIBBLE$-Kisser...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My money is as good as yours so I should be treated less because I come from a different part of the world? Good to see your as biased as every other frickin septic.

sadly our money is technically worth less then theres stupid exchange rate =_= :P

i have no issue with it being our prime time since we technically shouldnt even have the game yet *cough*aussie release date = 11th*cough*

crypitic, send some good fixes our way :P
    i wana win the borg warzone xD
    and pleaseeee fix team instances :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So what they should do is put their scheduled maintenance during your prime time because you don't have a problem with it? I don't think so. Prime time being 8PM - 11PM.

So what is the difference if they change it from 3AM-5AM to 5AM-7AM. Does it make a difference to you? No, probably not. Does it make a difference to me and others from this time zone? Hell yes. Lets be fair though, rotate the maintenance between US/EU/Oceanic prime time because we can always reschedule our play around a what they are doing.

Please take the opportunity to be big of yourself by volunteering your prime time for their maintenance.

Question, since your profile says your on Risa, does that mean you disappear for a while when there is downtime? If so then i do think you should get some compensation, if not, well, just live with it. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My only question is, how big is this patch going to be?

(Its only the 5th day of the month, and I'm burning through my house's bandwidth at a never before seen rate with all these updates. :eek:)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And just what in hell is a septic?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MarkStone wrote: »

im guessing they meant sceptic lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Things will calm down patch wise shortly, but it does feel like Christmas every time we get to patch, wondering what the changes look like and wondering whats been added or fixed :).

When will Tribble become active? And is it possible to get the patch notes ahead of the downtime? Tribble will be the test server and I hope people use this service when its live as it should lessen bugs and also give people a heads up on changes before they occur on 'live'.

As for the maintenance times, well not much can be done to really avoid upsetting someone even if it was moved an hour or two ahead as because complaints will happen.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Friday, 5th, February from 3am to 6am (11am to 2pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. Keep your eyes here for updates regarding this maintenance.

Update: We're extending tomorrow morning's downtime by one hour (From 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. PST or 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. GMT) so we can upgrade the warp cores. Thank you for your patience. ~Stormshade
    right now it is 8.45 PM PST which does not fall into the maintenance hours..how come the server is still down?...i just got this game and cannot even start it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    damn septics
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MarkStone wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockney_rhyming_slang

I'm sure you've heard the term Yank, that becomes Septic Tank. Seppo for short.

Stunning just how many Yank's there are whining that this forum has people who cant play because of downtime, saying they are not happy with the current downtime.

If you don't want to read their comments, don't.
    When you have downtime in your preferred play time, then we can talk.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jontall wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockney_rhyming_slang

I'm sure you've heard the term Yank, that becomes Septic Tank. Seppo for short.

Stunning just how many Yank's there are whining that this forum has people who cant play because of downtime, saying they are not happy with the current downtime.

If you don't want to read their comments, don't.
    When you have downtime in your preferred play time, then we can talk.

Thank you for the clarification. That was one that I never heard when I was in Sydney.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Lol, come on now sonny boy, don't get your panties in a bunch. I don't care when maintenance is, I don't have a prime time. I would rather have them do it when they are in peak performing order so they can catch any issues and not make any mistakes. If that was during a "prime time" so be it. If I did have a prime time I wouldn't care if maintenance was during my favorite time to play.

I have played games that had maintenance in the morning when it was my time to play, I think it was SWG and they had weekly maintenance. I worked third shift came home and played SWG, except on the days that they did weekly maintenance. I didn't care, I did other things, eventually I didn't even think about.

Did you contact the authorities yet? Oh and why are you calling me a septic? I don't smell like floating TRIBBLE, I asked my wife and kids.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    draco84oz wrote: »
    My only question is, how big is this patch going to be?

(Its only the 5th day of the month, and I'm burning through my house's bandwidth at a never before seen rate with all these updates. :eek:)

Damn, are you serious? I forgot that you guys don;t get unlimited internet. I would run a cable from a neighbor's house.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ultimota wrote: »
    sadly our money is technically worth less then theres stupid exchange rate =_= :P

i have no issue with it being our prime time since we technically shouldnt even have the game yet *cough*aussie release date = 11th*cough*

crypitic, send some good fixes our way :P
    i wana win the borg warzone xD
    and pleaseeee fix team instances :P

Our money is worthless in the States too.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    People... especially the whining people who I have to here get ****y about the "regular downtime".. seriously, have you been living under a rock?!?! There are plenty of MMO's that have at least one hour of downtime a day to reboot, and hotfix there servers for whatever... this ensures server stability.. as for the lenght of time.. an hour or two isn't that bad... there are 24 hours in a day.. really i swear.. its been this was since the planets creation... as for timezone issues.. just SHUT UP... there are 24 different time zones on the planet... the downtime is going to fall into one of more of there just thats how it works... so crawl outta you mommys basement and get a job.. not to mention a life...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It isn't hard to tell the kiddies from the people who have limited time to game and want to make the most of it, is it?

So much rage, yet so little of it from the people who can't play during their limited free time.
This discussion has been closed.