• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Shameful bump @ Cryptic
    edited February 2010
    ............... *crickets*
    edited February 2010
    This is dam annoying why they dont just frigging post somthing as to why its like that so annoying learn to update people :mad:
    edited February 2010
    The game just went live. Everyone and their borgified dog are trying to register their payment method. After the issues we had with the game servers over the weekend, are you really surprised that Cryptic's billing servers are melting down?

I'm not saying this is a good thing, but it's really not surprising, considering this is a highly-anticipated MMO launch. I doubt there's a single MMO that didn't have this issue at launch.
    edited February 2010
    Anyone have any update on this topic? I get the EXACT same message, saying my method is declined, yet they are more than willing to do their $1 check repeatedly. I have NO alternative method of payment, and I went to look at my ticket, and it's now unavailable.

I've not encountered issues like this with a launch before. :\ I can deal with the bs in game, but.. I just want to get in first!
    edited February 2010
    Gentlebeings, we have our answer.

If you select the PayPal option for payment, it takes you to the page to login to your PayPal account. Once you log in, it asks you for a credit card.

Here's the trick; you simply hit, on that page a bit lower down, the link to 'cancel and return to cryptic studios'. It allows the account to register, with your CD-key.
    edited February 2010
    Well... If only I had known that over 12 hours ago when I bought the game. Thanks for the tip!
    edited February 2010
    Well, I don't have a PayPal account so that's of zero help to me. And I'm still getting the same freakin' message.
    edited February 2010
    Arthmael wrote: »
    ...yet they are more than willing to do their $1 check repeatedly...

WTF!? Are you saying they're charging us for every attempt?!
    edited February 2010
    WTF!? Are you saying they're charging us for every attempt?!

From what I understand, it's a test to see if the CC is active, useful, what have you.. too tired to think straight. Just finished playing for 6 hours, was fun. :)

I hope they resolve this issue for everyone else unable to play.
    edited February 2010
    It's wierd, though... I am able to play... yet neither my subscription nor my CD key has been validated. Haven't seen any of my pre-order bonuses, though.
    edited February 2010
    It's wierd, though... I am able to play... yet neither my subscription nor my CD key has been validated. Haven't seen any of my pre-order bonuses, though.

Headstart (pre-order) code is still valid for a grace period to give people time for slow delays in shipping to enter the retail code before making the accounts inactive.
    Per -order items are given when the retail code is properly activated and most items are gotten from the c-store as free purchase in the special section.
    edited February 2010
    Alright, but since I already *have* the retail code - I bought the game from Steam - but Cryptic's subscription service won't accept my payment method - Visa - then what do I do?

Wait for them to answer my ticket? Wait until they fix the subsricption service? Cancel any future plans for playing the game once the grace period is over?
    edited February 2010

If you select the PayPal option for payment, it takes you to the page to login to your PayPal account. Once you log in, it asks you for a credit card.

Here's the trick; you simply hit, on that page a bit lower down, the link to 'cancel and return to cryptic studios'. It allows the account to register, with your CD-key.

This worked for me too, now to work on getting my $7 back...
    edited February 2010
    i wonder if cryptuic is so low on cash that they are having to scam ppl for 1 days worth of interest on there purchase fee before activating there legitematly bought game?
    since it seems like they are making it look like a mayor server problem cant even get my original biilling mail resent to my email acount to verify my purchase info
    edited February 2010
    Yea, I'm having the same troubles as well. I tried activating my retail key last night and have been getting the payment method declined error ever since. I contacted support and haven't heard anything back yet. I checked my bank and Cryptics billing provider has been hitting my card every time with the $1 charge to test the card. I hope that those charges go away! I'm looking forward to activating my retail key, I hope Cryptic works out these issues!
    edited February 2010
    Twag wrote:
    Yea, I'm having the same troubles as well. I tried activating my retail key last night and have been getting the payment method declined error ever since. I contacted support and haven't heard anything back yet. I checked my bank and Cryptics billing provider has been hitting my card every time with the $1 charge to test the card. I hope that those charges go away! I'm looking forward to activating my retail key, I hope Cryptic works out these issues!

I have the same problem. I was originally using a Visa Gift Card so it didn't have to much to start with and now it's down to 8 dollars when it was at almost 20. I sent an email to them about it and, of course, have not responded. I will be pretty mad if I don't get my money back.
    edited February 2010
    Well I read some of the entries in here and I guess I am not alone. I preordered the game and played in the Beta and now after picking up my game at GameSpot when I went in to try an open an account for the game, my credit card was "declined" the first time I tried so I open a "ticket" telling them about it and asking for instructions as to how to do it and not be "declined". They assigned me a ticket number and said they would get back to me as soon as possible (than was Feb 2nd). That night I went to check on my bank account an found a $1.00 "pre-autho debit" from CHAMPIONS ON LINE han been taken from my account.

Yesterday I tried for a second time to open the account using the same credit card and... it got "declined" again! so I decided to use PayPal since I have an account there too. Well using PayPal I got the account opened allright without any trouble. They gave a 30 day free deal and said they will start charging me after that period of time. Last night I checked my bank account again and there was another $1.00 debit in it from the same CHAMPIONS ON LINE...

So, what the heck is going on? why do they charge me the 2 dollars for trying to open an account???

What gives?

Any explanation would be very much appreciated!

Zontlu
    edited February 2010
    the dollor are verifiction charges used by online merchants to verify the cc account is valid. they are charged but never credited ot the account and are refund from the transaction.
    edited February 2010
    PegasusMD wrote:
    the dollor are verifiction charges used by online merchants to verify the cc account is valid. they are charged but never credited ot the account and are refund from the transaction.
    My account was charged with about 9 dollars and they still haven't refunded after 2 days.
    edited February 2010
    Ok, so does Cryptic not take Vanilla Visa Gift Cards, or do I need to do something, because I want to use the one I received and it keeps being declined,
    edited February 2010
    some visa gift cards will work. but for online purchase you may have to register the card at the gift card website before they work.
    edited February 2010
    I've tried, and my account is showing that CS Champions Online charged my account $1.00, but my card is still declined

Edit: I just got off the line with VanillaVisa, and it seems that the issue is on Cryptic's end. What. is. going. on? Is Cryptic trying to take my money a dollar at a time without giving me what I'm paying for? Or is there billing system just as messed up as I think it is?
    edited February 2010
    Wtf They Are Charging Us For Every Try!?!?!?!??!?!?****ing ***gots
    edited February 2010
    Been trying since last night to get this thing going with no luck. Says my card is declined but Cryptic was certainly kind enough to charge $1 x 25 for their efforts. Sent in a ticket but in looking at other posts I certainly don't expect a response any time soon. Rather **** poor service considering the real money from an MMO comes from the subscriptions themselves and not the purchase of the client software.
    edited February 2010
    I'm having the same problem. I checked my bank account online and I can't access my visa details as a payment request is being processed -- this must be Cryptic. I swear, if I get overcharged, the Cryptic people in charge will get a d'k tahg shoved where the sun don't shine.

The worst thing is their help system is broken, I can't raise a ticket. Being in Australia, I'm not about to call the UK or USA either.

Also, in my account nothing happens when I click 'manage payment methods'.

YOUR SILENCE IS DISGUSTING, CRYPTIC!!!

This is pathetic and if Cryptic doesn't respond to us soon, I highly recommend we demand refunds and post about the issue all over the internet. Hit 'em where it hurts.

This works! WTF can't Cryptic tell people about the issue and offer a solution?! Instead, silence. It's disgusting. And people are getting overcharged because of the billing system malfunction. I'm telling everyone I know, their friends, their friends's friends, their friends's friends's dogs's friends, not to buy STO. It's the only way Cryptic will listen.
    edited February 2010
    Arthmael wrote: »
    From what I understand, it's a test to see if the CC is active, useful, what have you.. too tired to think straight. Just finished playing for 6 hours, was fun. :)

I hope they resolve this issue for everyone else unable to play.

Dad to deal with CC before and none of mine 4 credit cards worked with them.

I am using Paypal now for most of my payments without any issues and its easy to set it up, just limited to 100$ or so until you confirm your card with them. If your card work with paypal it also work for anything you buy with paypal regardless is place you buy from support your card or not.
    edited April 2011
    Download firefox. It will work then.
    edited April 2011
    02-11-2010, 02:22 AM -> Today?
    No. *kills the zombie* Please do not unearth way, way outdated threads. :(
This discussion has been closed.