test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changing your skill points

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I have little doubt someone has not already asked this question, but is there any option to change my personal skill points?

For example, I have chosen to go into using Rifles for the time being. But, say, down the road I pick up a better Pistol and want to change. Do I ever have the opportunity or am I stuck?

Same question on ships.

Thanks in advance,
Doc
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    DocSlaven wrote: »
    I have little doubt someone has not already asked this question, but is there any option to change my personal skill points?

For example, I have chosen to go into using Rifles for the time being. But, say, down the road I pick up a better Pistol and want to change. Do I ever have the opportunity or am I stuck?

Same question on ships.

Thanks in advance,
    Doc

Not yet, shortly after implementing the skillpoint cap one week before the end of Open Beta (heh), they only announced they are working on an ingame mechanic to respecialize.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    respec is called "make new character" atm...i doubt we will see a respec tool soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think the option to respec is very important in a mmorpg these days, especially at the beginning and even more if ingame descriptions are that vague like in sto. In the last 10 mmorpgs i played it was never a problem to respec and always possible from the start, the only exception is probably eve online but that has no skill limit. Well i never played cryptic games before. However i really would like to test some skills and to do that probably i need to be able to respec. Shouldnt be that hard to put a button somewhere, so do it fast please.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I agree, we need a respec option, for both the character and our officers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thaldan wrote:
    I agree, we need a respec option, for both the character and our officers.

Us yes, officers no. We can get unlimited officer points so there is no real reason to reset them, just farm up a few more points. Respecs are needed at beginning of game most of all cause everyone is feeling things out and seeing how to play. Wondering where to put this and what that does for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kakon wrote:
    Us yes, officers no. We can get unlimited officer points so there is no real reason to reset them, just farm up a few more points. Respecs are needed at beginning of game most of all cause everyone is feeling things out and seeing how to play. Wondering where to put this and what that does for me.

AGREE

:P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ya I really hope this doesn't take long to introduce, I've burnt about 500 points on skills that didn't do what I thought, and I'm leary to put points into skills like starship deflectors because I'm not sure it will boost my science skills (one skill has deflector field listed, the other deflector dish). Granted 500 points isn't. A lot but its annoying and could have been much better spent if the skills wherent so vague
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Winterdale wrote: »
    Ya I really hope this doesn't take long to introduce, I've burnt about 500 points on skills that didn't do what I thought, and I'm leary to put points into skills like starship deflectors because I'm not sure it will boost my science skills (one skill has deflector field listed, the other deflector dish). Granted 500 points isn't. A lot but its annoying and could have been much better spent if the skills wherent so vague

Agreed, vague or no information at all. The players should be writing and publishing the "Official Guide" at this point.

I already know a new captain is order, at least the second time through I will have a far better idea of what I am putting points into :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yep I agree, especially for the people that stupidly didn't realize until level 6 that the skill list scrolled down...