Do they share a cool down?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Darth_Kiwi wrote:
    Do they share a cool down?

A brief one, but no, not the full one, as I understand it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    awesome thank you for the quick reply
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They share a system cooldown like high yield and spread do.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    can someone please answer those questions?
    1. my tactical BO has High Yeld 1 and i invested some points to it. if i train him to II version do the skill points stay or do i have to skill it up again? can i get from I to III or do i have to train II and from there III?
    2. if i have a High Yeld I (with skill points invested) and i change it to something different what happens to the skill points? are they aplied to the new skill or are they lost?

Im a little bit lost i the skill mechanics here
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Skills Tier 1 and Tier 2 have different slots and are leveled seperate. In the end you could have High Yield I and II

All skills have somewhere a shared cooldown. If you use High Yield I then you have a small global cooldown but right after this you could use High Yield II while the skill cooldown of High Yield I is still going down.

If you exchange a Tier I skill against another it seems that you get those spend points back as far as i have seen.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bakatu wrote: »
    can someone please answer those questions?
    1. my tactical BO has High Yeld 1 and i invested some points to it. if i train him to II version do the skill points stay or do i have to skill it up again? can i get from I to III or do i have to train II and from there III?
    2. if i have a High Yeld I (with skill points invested) and i change it to something different what happens to the skill points? are they aplied to the new skill or are they lost?

Im a little bit lost i the skill mechanics here

1. High Yield 1 and High Yield 2 are completely different abilities. You could train High Yield 3 without anyone on your crew knowing High Yield 1 or 2. They will need to be skilled up separately.

2. If you train a new skill in place of an old one, the new skill will start at 1, regardless of what the old one was at. However, your Bridge Officer will remember that you spent points on him (or her) for a promotion.