test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Action Keys not responding?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Controls and User Interface
Just recently i get a weird bug were non of my action bar keys work (1-0), completely closing the game down and restarting fixes it for a short time but it keeps happening, has anyone else experianced this and if so did you find a way to fix it?

its really anoying because i use my action keys alot for combat, i can still fire using spacebar in ship combat, but on the ground im kinda screwed and would have to use my mouse cursor to use my abilties, i really dont want to have to keep restarting my game everytime it happens, so if any dev could shed some light on this it would be great.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Do they still work if you click them with the mouse?

Reason I ask is I had some of mine stop working and it was because my CTRL key was stuck down. That made it so I couldnt use any attacks that needed just a # or ALT + # unless I clicked them with the mouse instead.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yea they work if i click on them via the mouse, but im a keyboard guy so im almost crippled :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I had an issue where my 1-0 keys were triggering my Ctrl+1-0 keys instead, so I moved my weapons to these slots, fought the mission, warped out and back to a different one and they went backwards again. I moved my weapons back to the 1-0 slots and never had an issue since. Not exactly the same, but maybe it will help.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the state of the key states get out of sync sometimes, if it happens press and release shift, Alt and Control key (not at same time preferrably - best to do with the ones you use) to sync/unstuck them. No, its not your keyboard or your computer its the miserable excuse of an input handler thats being used. If that doesn't work then it may very well be your keyboard/computer.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the state of the key states get out of sync sometimes, if it happens press and release shift, Alt and Control key (not at same time preferrably - best to do with the ones you use) to sync/unstuck them. No, its not your keyboard or your computer its the miserable excuse of an input handler thats being used. If that doesn't work then it may very well be your keyboard/computer.

Ill try that next time it happens, ill be surpised it is my keyboard, i can type without any problems which to me says my keyboard is fine, i just found it weird that its started doing it now, i've been playing STO since the closed beta and never encountered this problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've experienced this exact same bug, been in ground combat and my 1, 2, 3 etc keys have stopped responding and I've had to click on the icons with my mouse to fire.

I'll try pressing ctrl when I hit 1 or 2 next time, see if that has any effect.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, hm, I get a similar issue once and a while. Only its my wasd keys that don't respond -- unless I hold down ctrl or alt when I press then. Re-logging fixes it, until whatever caused it happens again ;( Oddly, pressing 1 or whatever works as expected. Really strange...